Home

NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 11:45 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I have a question about classic teams. Who do they ask if they want a certain team in? For example, who did they have to talk to in order to get the Raptors in? Maybe it's just a simple answer.
Could you clarify? Who did who have to talk to for what? My guess for the '00 Raptors is that a significant portion of the roster was already included in the game - guys like Kevin Willis, Charles Oakley, and Muggsy Bogues previously had their rights agreed for use back in 2011-2012 when they were included on other classic teams - so it may have just been a case of using their already existing likenesses and adding them to a new 2000 Raptors slot (hopefully with attribute and visual differences).
Old 05-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #98
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2KTV Reveals More NBA 2K16 Details, More Classic Teams, 3D Scanned Shoes & Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Could you clarify? Who did who have to talk to for what? My guess for the '00 Raptors is that a significant portion of the roster was already included in the game - guys like Kevin Willis, Charles Oakley, and Muggsy Bogues previously had their rights agreed for use back in 2011-2012 when they were included on other classic teams - so it may have just been a case of using their already existing likenesses and adding them to a new 2000 Raptors slot (hopefully with attribute and visual differences).
Who does 2K have to talk to in order to get historic teams in. Individual players?
Old 05-31-2015, 12:00 AM   #99
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

AI is getting taxed? Hm...wonder if it's something like the AI can do things like take advantage of players that try to cheat when teams run plays. Like try to cut off a player coming off a screen, only to fall back and take an open 3 or something.

Some kind of real time physics is gucci, but I wonder how much gnashing of teeth goes on when we say RTP and they can't quite work out all the kinks so we'll have to wait another game or two or however the dev process work.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:01 AM   #100
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Who does 2K have to talk to in order to get historic teams in. Individual players?
Oh gotcha. It's always been slightly grey. I think the most prominent players (All-Stars, Hall of Famers) typically must be negotiated with individually. I think Charles Barkley mentioned a few years ago that he was offered a set amount by 2K and he turned it down (only to later relent at the behest of Jay-Z, in the name of the Dream Team).

I've heard through the grapevine that there may be an NBA retired players union of some form that may allow 2K to pay for some players' rights en masse (meaning they may not have to individually talk to, say, Paul Mokeski, John Paxson, and Kenny Gattison if they all happened to belong to this particular group). I don't know that for sure though; maybe they still need their permission but negotiations are all uniform for those non-superstars... something like that.

But again, of the new teams mentioned so far, they all feature a good helping of players whose rights have already been owned by 2K for a number of years, so a lot of the legwork was already done in that regard.

Here's a link to all the classic teams 2K could theoretically add using only players already included in their game: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...eady-game.html ... actually that link isn't working for me for some reason. It's on the first page of the forum at the moment.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-31-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:16 AM   #101
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Great news, especially with the classic teams.

Here's my two cents on what I'd like to see fill out the rest of that:

Pioneer Era All Star team so we can use guys like prime Cousy, Mikan, Sharman, and Pettit, who'd be great for rounding out my all time teams. Heck, taking that a step further, why not bring back the all decade teams? You could get some quality players out of that without having to fill out entire classic teams to get prime versions of some guys who never played for a great team like Bob Lainer, Artis Gilmore or George Gervin(in his prime).

Mid 2000s era Spurs so I can get to Bruce Elbowin' some fools
Mid-Late 90s era Pacers, if they can get Reggie to sign on
2003-2004 Detroit Pistons would be a quality addition
2004 Pacers would be an amusing addition if we put the champion Pistons in there so we could recreate the Brawl at Auburn Hills, shame that couldn't be recreated in game form, complete with Ron Artest quick time events in the crowd and Jermaine O'Neal sliding punches

Also, if they could get Kareem back, that'd be icing on the cake, he's been in the game before, so it can't be impossible. I'm guessing Chuck's probably too much to ask for...unless 2K can somehow pony up for the TNT broadcast package. Perhaps that's the way to go, and it might be enough to get us C-Webb's return, too.

Finally, LET US HAVE FULL EDIT OPTIONS WITH COACHES AND ASSISTANTS. Sorry about the caps, but that's been a big one for me for years. I want to be able to hire and fire coaches in a roster edit menu. Classic teams would benefit a great deal from this, but it'd also let me do things like keeping Thibs on the Bulls(not happy about how that went down) or shave some years off Pops to keep him in the league as long as possible in MyCareer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 02:35 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 4
"I can describe 2k16 in two words (Fill in the blank)"

2K15 2.0
Old 05-31-2015, 04:29 AM   #103
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

While I enjoy playing classic teams as well as the Euro teams, imo the classic teams are a waste if your not going to have all real players for each classic teams roster, especially with star players missing like Kareem. Probably wouldn't be quite as bad if they didn't have such horrible fakes, and had all names of the real players in the audio so when you made a real player you wouldn't have to hear some stupid nickname like they do.

I know they are going to have to do more than this to get me to buy it this time around, and everything has to do with fixing the main mode that I play which is My League, and I would play MY GM, and maybe even My Player if they were done so crappy, but My League has a couple issues that has to be fixed before I spend another penny on this game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 AM   #104
Rookie

Personally I thought 2k15 was the best yet( with tweaking the player attributes and badges and sig shots, and sliders you'll have an NBA experience. As for 2K16 the crew looks very AND I MEAN VERY CONFIDENT! Haven't seen them this confident in years, especially to announce 2k16 this early. I think with the 3D shoe scans( thank GOD) the body scans that they took will look phenomenal. Think bout it- they would be the first sports franchise to do it( LORD KNOWS IT AINT MADDEN) I think the Nba2K crew will be the 1st Sports franchise figured out to utilize more power to PS4/ Xbox one for the graphics

Last edited by micole; 05-31-2015 at 09:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »