Home

Crowd atmosphere non existent!

This is a discussion on Crowd atmosphere non existent! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:55 AM   #25
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Crowd atmosphere non existent!

I have had the opposite experience. Playing on MY GM I have had many games where the home crowd gets into it and is loud, expecially coming back from behind going on runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 12:59 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was playing with the Magic at home and the crowd started chanting "LET'S GO HAWKS!"

Talk about killing the immersion. I really hope this is fixed/patched.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:01 AM   #27
Rookie

Cman9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrash83
I was playing with the Magic at home and the crowd started chanting "LET'S GO HAWKS!"

Talk about killing the immersion. I really hope this is fixed/patched.
Hawks fans must travel well. Lol.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:12 AM   #28
Rookie

I'm really disappointed in the crowd reaction. Just get the ideas from Nba live, I mean it really hypes me up when the crowd gets going. In real life they do cheer but in NBA 2k16 it's so boring and it s only a little better in the 4th quarter but it's way off. 2k have to step it up next year. Haven't improve the atmosphere for years already...
Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 AM   #29
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

I wouldn't say nonexistant (my drose game winner vid debunked that). If anything I would say the crowd atmosphere is very "hit & miss" if anything
Old 10-06-2015, 03:39 AM   #30
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

don't know what you guys are talking about honnestly

mycareer has given me allot of sweet crowd moments like the singing with arena noises and the general tension in the final corner.

I hit a dunk in the final minute in a very tight game and the crowd went bonkers

in mygm I picked the lakers just to see how different their atmosphere was, I made at tight play near the end of the forth and the crowd went so crazy the screen started shaking

and that's without highering the volume or anything
Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 AM   #31
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox
don't know what you guys are talking about honnestly

mycareer has given me allot of sweet crowd moments like the singing with arena noises and the general tension in the final corner.

I hit a dunk in the final minute in a very tight game and the crowd went bonkers

in mygm I picked the lakers just to see how different their atmosphere was, I made at tight play near the end of the forth and the crowd went so crazy the screen started shaking

and that's without highering the volume or anything
All your listed examples are from the 4th quarter. The final minute of the 4th quarter is an upgrade to what 2k normally does, but segments of the early and middle 4th quarter crowd is simply disjointed.

What's your experience like during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters? Those are the most important component to delivering a solid well rounded atmosphere. Basketball's season opener is just around the corner. Watch several games and take note of the home crowd reaction, or better yet, find some complete games on youtube and take note of the crowd, especially during runs.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 04:39 AM   #32
Banned

If you really pay attention to that last minute in the 4th when they crank the volume up, it's still way off. The reactions are random. So random I find the game cheering for the wrong team after a foul call. Happened a few times now.

Not sure if it's a glitch but every time you get an and 1 in the final minutes, the crowd goes completely silent with a few golf claps.

2k has such good animators and designers, they really just get to hire someone who actually played basketball and knows the exciting parts of the NBA like atmosphere. I really get the feeling these guys don't watch much NBA

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »