Home

Crowd atmosphere non existent!

This is a discussion on Crowd atmosphere non existent! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Crowd atmosphere non existent!

Wow with all the beauty there is in this game you'd think theyd focus in on crowd noise.

I remember back in the day the march madness games for PSX. They were so average in terms of gameplay but the crowd atmosphere always made me play it forever.

In 2k16 the game looks amazing.. I make a great play with LeBron and hes clearly fired up as the opponent takes a timeout but theres no player chatter sounds, its just dead silent. And the crowd looks like they are going nuts but theres barely any noise.

Same with in the actual game.. no matter what quarter or what is going on in the game itself the crowd just isnt loud. Im not talk about turning up the crowd volume in settings. Im talking about the crowd has no real emotion.

Most people don't care about stuff like that but I think it adds to the realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Crowd atmosphere non existent!

Yea I think it's glitched or something...especially after making a big play in the 4th. It's like they actually get quite than normal

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

This has been the biggest letdown for me this year. Thought I read something about improved crowd reaction, but it seems just as bad or even worse.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #4
Banned

It's definitely much worse.

Watching the intros it gets me all hype seeing the court videos and the lighting then the PA announcers voice is just blah and the crowd cheers like its a division 3 college game.

Big time let down.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #5
MVP

this isnt really my territory, so im not really locked in on it too much during the game, but when i hit a game winner with the Celtics, the crowd was definitely impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

I Really hope this is something that they can tweak in a update.

Crowd looks great but, the crowd atmosphere/sound is as inconsistent as ever.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Non-existent but probably the more accurate description would be the crowd is contextually not aware of the situation on the court.

My guess is the way 2k has their technology implemented for crowds. It doesn't "overlap" with the action like their commentary does. The commentary will continue to talk about a topic despite a timeout or a foul or something that interrupts the flow. The crowd audio looks to be programmed differently.

In the below clip, fourth quarter and near the end of the game, after Klay Thompson gets a foul and completes his free throws, the crowd essentially goes silent. Notice how the commentary would "overlap" continue to talk about a relevant topic while the crowd simply "stops" because a timeout is called. In real life, especially in the oracle, the crowd would continue to go crazy.

Disclaimer: The video below is the fourth quarter, so the crowd is better, but during the rest of the other quarters, the crowd is simply not up to par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
this isnt really my territory, so im not really locked in on it too much during the game, but when i hit a game winner with the Celtics, the crowd was definitely impressive.
Game winners usually comes with the appropriate reactions, but it is the way the crowd doesn't properly transition from one sequence to the next during the rest of the other quarters. When there are big runs by the home team, the crowd doesn't properly react. They're not aware. 2k's crowd technology simply doesn't bring their "A" game.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 10-05-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

It definitely needs improving. Fourth quarter tight game and my team starts knocking down shots plus the defensive plays, at home, yet you'd think we were being blown out and the area was empty.
It works sometimes, but a lot of the times, or at times you'd expect a reaction, they just aren't there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »