Home

2K it's time to listen to your customers now

This is a discussion on 2K it's time to listen to your customers now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: 2K it's time to listen to your customers now

Only confirmed changes are shooting %'s
Old 10-25-2015, 10:43 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Only confirmed changes are shooting %'s
"confirmed"

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #19
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0

Offline here as well.

Player movement definitely lacks responsiveness, and things do seem a little clunky to me.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #20
Pro

They just patched Pro Am into the game 2 weeks ago. Xbox just got the patch a few days ago.

Ever since they changed shooting percentages I've seen so many contested 3s go in. Like literally 3/4 every game.
And by contested I don't mean closing late. I mean standing right in front of a guy who just pulls up.

You can clearly tell park is changed & open mid range shots still go in at 90%. I've played some teams that haven't even missed.
I've missed 2 green releases all year in a total of 1000 games lol. But those baseline pull ups from close range are pretty much automatic.

With my SF I can tell mids have changed but my PG has a 90 shot & I rarely miss A mid. Never if I'm open. Contested yes but I'm only 6'0.
I've seen guys make fade away 3s. Like the contested animation 3 on multiple occasions. Shots that would have been bricks or air balls. Speaking of which I haven't seen an airball since they changed jumpers.

Also I've noticed way more loose ball fouls. Cutting thru the lane in pro am. Loose ball foul. Turnover. Guy boxes out at the last second in park. Loose ball foul. That's not an issue but I can tell something had changed. Also there's way more fouls. Like pump fakes that turn into an automatic shot & foul. Idk why they would even make that automatic. Not every guy shoots when someone bites on a fake. They go around. It's wild out here lol
Old 10-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
Stupid question maybe. Do the guys with my same problem have the original ps4 HD installed or they removed it and inserted a bigger one or faster one, anyway, different from the original one?

Up

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #22
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I think these changes happen when 2K's base code is changed.

I don't want to get super technical, but I mean anything that's not "out of the box", seems to change the way the game feels.

So roster updates by 2K. Patches. Tuners. You raising your MyCareer player's attributes. They all seem to have some sort of affect on the gameplay.

It's really hard to explain, but I first noticed it back in the 360 days with the hex editing. I would save a file, back it up, and then hex it for my offline MyCareer. The two files played completely differently. In the unedited one, things were more "structured", for the lack of a better word. Your teammates only made the boneheaded plays that you would expect the AI to make. After the file was edited, my teammates would throw wild passes that resulted in turnovers, the PG rarely ran the play as much as he ran into the paint and forced up a ridiculous shot, teammates would rarely make the appropriate moves in the paint as much as they do some of the stupidest stuff imaginable for the given situation (wild pivots, reverse layups, etc.), and everything seemed to be moving much faster.

And the crazy thing is, that seemed to be the way 2K would eventually play. After continuously updating your MyCareer guy, and/or after all of the roster updates between Oct & Jan/Feb.

I think people who can adjust sliders have a bit more control, and can circumvent some of this. But in MyCareer, you're stuck with it. And it's noticeable how different the game feels after a while.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #23
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
Up

What would that have to do with anything?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #24
Rookie

I feel like some responsiveness was lost as the game has been updated. Seems like I was able to get out of certain animations quicker when the game was first released. Game still controls MUCH better than either '15 or '14...but I've noticed some sluggishness creep back in the game. I personally thought out the box the game played almost flawless...unfortunate that Mike and Co. felt the need to do so much tweaking to the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »