Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 01:54 AM   #73
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Blocks are definitely tuned down....I had 4 blocks all game ..3 with Gasol and 1 with Z-Bo..thats it nobody else had a block..Cpu teammate ai seems improved offball...I had Zbo to shut Dirk down one posession that felt good.Hesitations seem to be tuned down a bit from dribbles and size ups which is cool...

Some minor things though..dunks in the paint(crowded) seemed to go in with ease with no sense of contact...I might need to change some sliders to fix that

Some defensive contact animations arent kicking in that feel like they should but its not that bad

The teammate interactions during fts are gone wdf it looks so dry now

Overall gameplay feels smoother and even more rewarding in some cases...good stuff 2k!!

My impressions are from playing offline ..Allstar/Sim difficulty....no custom sliders

Last edited by swac07; 11-25-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:57 AM   #74
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
My accessories in MyTeam still aren't correct. I had the Sonics uniforms initially, but changed to the old Suns "sunburst" uniforms and my accessories are still green.
You changed to the actual in-game uniform for the Suns, correct?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:25 AM   #75
Rookie

I played 3 online games when I got home from work today, 2 in Play Now and one in MyTeam. I won all 3......But some of the issues that plague this years 2K are still somewhat prevalent. Let's review:

1. The bump steal is back and better than ever, regardless of ballhandler ball rating. If you get hit from the side by a player on the opposite team, you will almost certainly lose the ball. The behind the back steal is also annoyingly effective, so unless you're protecting the ball at all times get ready for some "what the heck?" turnovers.

2. Transition defense is sort of fixed. What'll happen now is that your center will sort of camp in the middle of the paint until everyone gets back. Unfortunately, one of the people I played quickly figured out a way around this: Just pull-up for 3. It feels more like they slapped a band-aid on it rather than make actual fixes.

3. On-ball defense itself feels very nerfed. All 3 people I played were essentially turboing around me to get into the paint to dunk, using half-spins and baseline spin moves. And they were mostly successful. Your AI teammates sometimes over-help to the point where they'll ignore 3 point threats. However this actually helps in terms of Pick and roll defense, as they will automatically rotate over to cover the screener.

4. Jumping fouls (where you pump fake and the opponent bites and your player shoots the ball and gets the whistle) seem very toned down. Too much I think, since people can pretty much jump into you 3 or 4 times in a row and get away with it. And they come up with steals doing that too. Very annoying.

That's about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 03:06 AM   #76
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Haven't played much but it plays pretty close to the same before. Can't lie, I am kind of disappointed on the nerf of the midrange. How it was pre patch was about exactly how it was back in 2K11. Was kind of easy, but with solid D it was very broke. Now I am missing wide open mids.

The FT animations is broken like PS players stated. Also seems like my replays are also broken as well. When it's about to go to a replay, it just like glitches and go back to the game. Thinking that's also what happen to my ring ceremony, it just skipped it. Hopefully, that stuff can be cleaned up soon.

Pick and roll D so far is a lot better. The big man sits back instead of coming all the way up and leaving the roll man open. But still messing w/ it.

Not as bad as I was hearing so far, but still have to play a lot more.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-25-2015, 03:10 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtmke19
I just started a MyLeague, it's available there but not in MyGM, which makes no sense. Players don complain in MyLeague, what a joke
Available where?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 04:22 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bump
Can't find the 6th man option..

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 05:22 AM   #79
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought that side stepping into shots when players are wide open was going to be patched. Seen it happen as usual.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-25-2015, 05:27 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
I played 3 online games when I got home from work today, 2 in Play Now and one in MyTeam. I won all 3......But some of the issues that plague this years 2K are still somewhat prevalent. Let's review:

1. The bump steal is back and better than ever, regardless of ballhandler ball rating. If you get hit from the side by a player on the opposite team, you will almost certainly lose the ball. The behind the back steal is also annoyingly effective, so unless you're protecting the ball at all times get ready for some "what the heck?" turnovers.

2. Transition defense is sort of fixed. What'll happen now is that your center will sort of camp in the middle of the paint until everyone gets back. Unfortunately, one of the people I played quickly figured out a way around this: Just pull-up for 3. It feels more like they slapped a band-aid on it rather than make actual fixes.

3. On-ball defense itself feels very nerfed. All 3 people I played were essentially turboing around me to get into the paint to dunk, using half-spins and baseline spin moves. And they were mostly successful. Your AI teammates sometimes over-help to the point where they'll ignore 3 point threats. However this actually helps in terms of Pick and roll defense, as they will automatically rotate over to cover the screener.

4. Jumping fouls (where you pump fake and the opponent bites and your player shoots the ball and gets the whistle) seem very toned down. Too much I think, since people can pretty much jump into you 3 or 4 times in a row and get away with it. And they come up with steals doing that too. Very annoying.

That's about it.

You are very on the point. 1 and 3 are the worst online. As a center, getting the ball anywhere but an open dunk under the basket so far has lead to someone bumping into me to get the steal almost every time. Then the on ball defense is basically guys standing (even bigs) and then blowing by and getting into the paint and making almost every lay up. There were also some ridiculous 3's going in.

So far, I'm in the middle. Some of the new addition/fixes are nice but it's going to be an annoyance trying to play defense and it doesn't seem like the whole Center getting stripped thing is much better at all. In a positive, the CPU players in Pro-Am are better and they take position into account now so whatever position you're missing, you'll get someone for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »