Home

NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-8-16)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-8-16) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #49
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-8-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
You're missing that Draymond's stats are much better than Blakes because you only look at points etc. Look at this data again - Draymond is a much better defender and passer, a better offensive rebounder, has a higher eFG% and TS% (whereas you only mentioned FG%). Most importantly, he makes his team a lot better, exemplified by his unbelievable Net Rating. Even if Dray's blocks and steals are not THAT much higher, his presence on the floor makes a way bigger difference on how his team defends than Blake's presence does for his. He is the main reason that the Warriors can run the switching scheme that they run and that the best lineup in NBA history, the Death Lineup, is so incredibly effective.

The only thing Blake is better at is scoring, but even so, the Warriors score 8 points per possession more when Draymond is on the floor than the Clippers do when Blake is on the floor.

Blake is a terrific player, but not as good in the regular season as he is when he's playing at his best. In a fantasy draft, Blake would always get drafted over Draymond, but Draymond's been having a better regular season than Blake. Look at how well the Clippers have been playing now that Blake is injured.
The Clippers are weird as hell though. One of Paul or Griffin would get hurt and next thing you know, they're making a run. I hope they continue this even when Blake gets back, would make an interesting 4 team race between the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, and Clippers.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #50
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm happy to see more updates. I will start my MyLeague tonite or tomorrow. Think they will update again during the night, like they have the last 2 days?

A lot of FT updates today and a few players got full updates.
Good to see guys that have been playing great lately like Butler & Wall upgraded.

***Anyone know if they did/do update players tendencies as well (so guys scoring more get more touches, take more shots and stuff)?
Old 01-08-2016, 12:07 PM   #51
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
These ratings almost gave me a heart attack. It wouldn't matter if I didn't even play online, but I do. Now the classic teams must be brought out to due to worries of inaccuracies (in my own irrelevant opinion of course.)

Draymond Green gets two back to back triple doubles and thats +4 in two days? I get he's having an amazing season but an 89 overall does NOT reflect a season averaging 14p, 9r, 7a. Now this guy is with superstar PFs in the league such as: Anthony Davis, Lamarcus Aldridge, and even Blake Griffin! Up his rebounding, up his passing vision + IQ and thats it Mr. Roster Editors.

CJ McCollum: Where to start? This guy is in his third season averaging 21 points thus far. Up from 6p/gm last season and 5/gm his rookie season he is playing amazing when the Trailblazers have only D. Lillard who's averaging 24 points but he takes a hit! Never in my life have I cared about the trailblazers but why why why? I don't know why I need legit, accurate answers.
That is why these are "rolling" ratings. Once Draymond cools off, so will some of his ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #52
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
I was talking to video game, dude plays good defense and is pretty much good athlete yet in game is useless for me
Lol...pretty much. He dropped Chase Budinger so much that I started using GRIII. He's basically a second coming of a Gerald Green or JR Smith type player due to the high physical ratings.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #53
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

Lol at John Wall's
Old 01-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #54
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
As a diehard Bulls fan who's made note that Derrick Rose hasn't dunked a basketball in game since game 1 of the Bucks series last playoffs.

I have a hard time understanding why you guys have a problem with his dunk rating dropping. He's just not that guy anymore, if anything, the 40 point decrease is long overdue.

I agree his lateral quickness/first step is looking similar to old DRose, but as far as the dunking, explosive, crazy athletic DRose? That ship has sailed.

I don't remember a time when he's had less than 4 turnovers per game, and his ball handling just isn't there, don't know what the problem is with that, but it's not. So the decrease in ball control is also justifiable.
He's only averaging 2.7 TOs for the year, which gives him about a 2:1 assist/TO ratio. If he had been on a streak of notably sloppy play, I'd get it, but again, he's playing the best he has all year and he's still dropping. I agree with you that his dunk rating should be much lower than it has been, just seems funny that they drop it so severely overnight while he's looking the best he has in 4 years physically. I love the fact that 2k does such frequent updates, but if you're going to drop a guy every time he plays poorly, then you have to show him some love when he's playing well, right?

Butler dropped a couple of points after having that monster game in Toronto, then he plays mediocre ball last night and gains 2 points overall. Just doesn't add up to me, I think they'd be better off doing weekly updates rather than killing themselves making knee jerk reactions daily.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #55
Banned

To many complainers for my lacking! "This guys to high" or "this guys to low". Lol

Good lord, play the basketball game an stfu.

Nobodies perfect. No you. Not game makers. Not ratings evaluators. Deal with it

Move along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #56
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

JIMMY !!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »