Home

NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Pro-Am's Gameplay Problems Need to Be Patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Why isn't the guard chasing him?

Run 3 6ft PG's, you will be out rebounded to death.
That's not true if you run 3 point guards and 2 7'3 centers. Point guards don't need to even try for a rebound when the overpowered rebound cheesers just sit underneath and jump for the rebound before the shot even hits the rim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2016, 09:55 PM   #106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
I hope that final tournament or whatever will be streamed or posted on youtube. I'm kinda curious how far will ppl come with the game exploiting.

On the other hand I had tons of fun in 4v4 park court, spacing feels not so bad and gameplay more challenging with extra guy per squad. I found it much more cheese-free than pro-am and latter supposed to be sim mode.
Yeah but nobody ever plays 4 on 4...or when they do, they either stink or are really really good. Cheesing in this game is making the court stink. Its still fun to play, but annoying when you have to put up with posers who think they are good but all they do is just exploit flaws in the game that are unrealistic. Nobody is saying that you cheesers aren't good...but to say that what you are doing ISN'T cheesing is moronic. OF COURSE IT'S CHEESING!!!! You do the same dumb crap every time trying to take advantage of flaws in the game. That's the definition of cheesing.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:00 PM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
Totally.

as somebody said before. It's like making a party with a tank/dps/healer for a Raid Boss on some MMorpg.

It's quite sad tbh.
Thats why friars stunk in groups in DAOC....they could heal, but not well. They only had baseline buffs, and they couldn't do damage unless they were swinging like a tank, and the dps was WAY lower than any offensive tank. But friars were great solo.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:04 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonly1ME
I have more to post on this, but I think another issue in this was before the game even came out 2K said there were no position restrictions in Pro-Am.

If you have position restrictions they could have been something like this:

1 C, 1 PF, 1 SF, 1 SG, 1 PG
1 C, 1 PF, 1 SG, 1 SG, 1 PG
1 PF, 1 PF, 1 SF, 1 SG, 1 PG
1 C, 1 PF, 1 SF, 1 PG, 1 PG
etc.

Basically, you can't put 2 Centers (7'3") in the same lineup and you can't have more than 2 players of the same position.
That would work, if more people actually picked big men. But most of the time, when I play walk on pro am, there is not 1 center or power forward on my team. I have a 6'6 SG who has ended up playing center because everyone else had a point guard.

There was another time where by 7'2 Center ended up playing small forward because the team also had 2 other centers that were both 7'3. NBA 2k16 is broken.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:26 PM   #109
Rookie

It is simple...instead of making a game where 1 thing works so often and other things that are common in real basketball never seem to work, why not make a game that is just like real life to where something might work a few times, but will easily get picked up if a team does it too much. In this game, there are too many cheesers who do the same thing over and over, and the only reason they do it is because that is what works best. It isn't their fault that NBA 2k16 messed up, but it is their fault that they decide to take advantage of it and try to deny that it is cheesing.

I have 1 character at each position.

My PG is 5'10 because of the speed...and I have to admit, he is TOO fast. His jumper is better than anything that a true shooting guard would be able to hit, and he can smack the ball out of the hands of anyone trying to go inside without getting called for a foul. He is a blast to play though, and I can easily understand why the PG is the most common position picked by players.

My SG is 6'6, he is 6 points lower at shooting than my PG, even though he is maxed out. He blocks like Dwight Howard against any other guard, and he is just fast enough to exploit the flaw in the game that allows those deep passes from the bigs to be right on the money. But my shooting guard is much more realistic than my point guard, and for that reason, is much more fun to play in mycareer.

My SF is 6'8, and I never play him anymore because of how crappy small forwards are in this game. In my career, I dominate, but when we play pro am...half the time, I'm playing the center. I'm not fast enough to catch up with guards on the fast break, and not big enough to prevent 7'3 centers from getting rebounds. It is easy to tell why small forward is the LEAST common position in 2k16.

My PF is 6'11, a stretch 4 who can shoot better than my small forward (who is maxed out at shooting). But even this big man can't stop those cheeser centers from exploiting the flaw in the game that allows players to jump for the rebound before the ball even hits the rim. My power forward is much better in park...I've all but stopped playing him in pro am because of how horribly unrealistic the flaws in the game make it seem.

My C is 7'2. That one inch is important. Against an average 7'3 player, I can still get my rebounds, and I have a slight edge in speed. But against a 7'3 rebounding center, that 1 inch destroys my center's rebounding ability. Even the best rebounders shouldn't be able to dominate over everyone just because of their height...but that is what happens in this game. Not only that, but with both my PF and Center, the ability to turn and run is all but non existent. If someone gets by me, I have no chance. I could see how top speed would be hurt by size, but agility and quickness shouldn't be such a massive disadvantage to anyone.

Every single one of my characters has to deal with NBA 2k16 cheesers, regardless of what position they play in the game and who they are matched up against. If 2k doesn't realize this as an issue, it just shows the incompetence of those who made the game. Cheesing doesn't mean someone will or won't be successful, but it does mean that the game is less realistic, and therefore, less fun.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #110
Rookie

I'd love to see stats on what the most common positions/heights are for mycareer/mypark/pro-am players.

I'm guessing PG 6'3''-6'5'' is the most popular given the current meta, followed by 7'3'' Cs and SGs with the forwards the dwindling minority
Old 02-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derlaid
I'd love to see stats on what the most common positions/heights are for mycareer/mypark/pro-am players.

I'm guessing PG 6'3''-6'5'' is the most popular given the current meta, followed by 7'3'' Cs and SGs with the forwards the dwindling minority
There are quite a few very short (shorter than 6 feet) and very tall PG's (6'7)...but point guard is by far the most popular position. Centers are almost always bigger than 7 feet...it would be a disadvantage to make one shorter than that, since height tends to dictate rebounding skill more than the rebounding attribute itself. The tallest person almost always gets the rebound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #112
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

diving back in after two months and leaderboards are still a mess lmao

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »