Home

NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

New cheese!! Jump stop into lane. Foul or kick out for 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 02:39 AM   #34
Rookie

Denzel Washington's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
Tbh, no you shouldn't be able to have an all diamond team with 60$ spent on VC.
I liked the concept of diamonds being super rare and found it dissapointing that pack odds increased all of a sudden.
people complaining about diamonds are "not affordable" are the first to complain that "everyone running around with prime Jordan and Kobe". This year i see at least some different lineups which is a good thing.

And btw, it is def possible to have an all diamond team by now without spending any cent on the game as long as you can spare the time to grind the auction house every day. I didnt and i still got a decent team.
I hope 2k keeps some diversity next year.
Chris Smoove spends several hundreds, dare I say thousands of dollars opening packs in MyTeam and he rarely gets anything of note from the bundles/boxes he purchases. Pack odds did not "increase" and a lot of the big youtube people will tell you this.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:18 AM   #35
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzel Washington
Chris Smoove spends several hundreds, dare I say thousands of dollars opening packs in MyTeam and he rarely gets anything of note from the bundles/boxes he purchases. Pack odds did not "increase" and a lot of the big youtube people will tell you this.
You must live under a rock man. Maybe have a look into the MT section here before making these kinda statements?
Pack odds increased by a lot and a diamond flood hit the market caused every card in the game lost value of at least 50%.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #36
Rookie

Daniel83's Arena

Haha trashing a game mode just because of some bad pack luck!

Let me turn it around. Lets say every $50-100 packs is almost certain to get you a amethyst/diamond, it will result in almost every player having the same type of line-up. What would be the point in playing Domination or any other mode for that matter?

The shiny diamond border doesnt alway tell the whole story. For instance my 95 amethyst George Mikan which only costed 45k MT (which shouldnt be to hard to get if you actually play the game), is almost as strong of a card as 96 diamond Bill Russell which costs at least 3 times as much.

The free amethyst Kidd you get from completing the regular domination? It has been in my Gauntlet lineup for all of my 125 games played so far. And it will also be a great card for the last weekly challenge '93 Majerle Suns, which if completed along with the other weekly challenges will get you the diamond Kareem.

Will it be tough and time consuming to complete all those weekly challenges? Of course! They just cant be handing out a 97 diamond Kareem for occasionally playing the game.

I played this mode a lot (and still am) and i have 0 diamond cards. Am i mad or dissapointed? Nope.
I have had the most fun playing with Current fully badged Golds. Current DaMarcus Cousins is so much fun to play with, Paul George and Carmelo are offensive beasts who carried me through regular Domination. Gold Klay Thompson is so much fun shooting crazy 3's and has excellent defense to boot!

Next time just play the actual game. There are more than enough hidden gems in this mode that actually make it much more fun to play than just showboating a full diamond/amethyst line-up.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #37
Rookie

I can't believe all the whining about this mode. It would be one thing if this was one of 2 or 3 ways to play the game or something but my God, NBA 2K is an amazing game, if you don't like the grind of a card collecting mode go play something else! I actually enjoy the mindless grind of these games, seeing how far I can get by just throwing on a podcast or TV show in the background and playing it out a little. But then I don't make it a habit to do things that upset me.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #38
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I'm surprised people waste real money on game modes. I buy a game and play the game I bought.

I'm now just playing my MyLeague and haven't played MyTeam in at least a couple of months. It got old and lost it's excitement.

I played Domination in MyTeam for a while (didn't get any good cards), but unlocked a bunch thru MyPlayer (Wall, Gasol, etc) and got lucky to get a A Davis card in the packs. I don't care to play people online, so maybe that's why I feel this mode got boring.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #39
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Charms Fade Away

That's why I don't play this mode. I must admit it's enticing to get some legends that you'd otherwise never get to play with. Like I've always wanted to play w/ 05-06 Kobe and others. But I would never spend money for a pack. I don't even use VC for the most part. So I can't imagine spending $100s of real money.

That's why I like the idea of maddens Draft Champions. It gives you a chance to play w/ legends and other special players without that grind or opening packs.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 13

Edit. Nvm.

Last edited by AdamBa17; 03-15-2016 at 03:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »