Home

Using the PF in 2k16

This is a discussion on Using the PF in 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #41
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Using the PF in 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampers2k
How do you want Rus to confirm it? As his younger Brother I can Promise you he's an Outside PF.
I didn't read all the posts, my bad, that works for me. Thanks, man.

What do you think of the question, though? Did my friend make a mistake making an inside PF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman

What do you think of the question, though? Did my friend make a mistake making an inside PF?
Nothing you make in the game is a mistake. The only mistake is not making a player fit the playing style you like to play. I like to play inside so I made an INSIDE CENTER. Russ Made and Outside Power Forward and because he's confident with his post game he's able to Finesse Bigger and Taller players as well as smaller ones.

To be honest, it's all about playing with the right people who are willing to use you and your skill set properly. If your buddy is an Inside Power Forward then he should be setting screens, off Ball Screens, and then rolling to spots he can hit on the floor. He can also line up in the slot (thats the spot 5 feet away from the block) and just wait for a dump pass like I do and Hit that shot. That pass is always there cause most BIGS over HELP and collapse. It doesn't always have to be Dunks. As an Inside Center I can consistently hit any shot within 14 Feet of the basket no problem. But if he wanted to be more like KG or something then he should of either went Balanced or Outside and just depended on Technique to score inside. The problem with most inside players is they think cause they made an inside guy that they're just going to walk into a game and DUNK on everyone.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #43
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Nothing you make in the game is a mistake. The only mistake is not making a player fit the playing style you like to play. I like to play inside so I made an INSIDE CENTER. Russ Made and Outside Power Forward and because he's confident with his post game he's able to Finesse Bigger and Taller players as well as smaller ones.

To be honest, it's all about playing with the right people who are willing to use you and your skill set properly. If your buddy is an Inside Power Forward then he should be setting screens, off Ball Screens, and then rolling to spots he can hit on the floor. He can also line up in the slot (thats the spot 5 feet away from the block) and just wait for a dump pass like I do and Hit that shot. That pass is always there cause most BIGS over HELP and collapse. It doesn't always have to be Dunks. As an Inside Center I can consistently hit any shot within 14 Feet of the basket no problem. But if he wanted to be more like KG or something then he should of either went Balanced or Outside and just depended on Technique to score inside. The problem with most inside players is they think cause they made an inside guy that they're just going to walk into a game and DUNK on everyone.
Thanks, that's a good point about focusing on the screens. I think we've noticed it being a problem where he feels clogged in the paint next to an Inside C... it seems to be more Cs are inside and more PFs are outside.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:51 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks, that's a good point about focusing on the screens. I think we've noticed it being a problem where he feels clogged in the paint next to an Inside C... it seems to be more Cs are inside and more PFs are outside.
Yes, and as being an Inside Center when Russ gets it in the post I have to space properly and put myself in a situation to be useful without clogging. Usually when he gets it on his block, I go to the opposite block and a few feet away from that block and so if my defender just Sits in the paint he gets Def of 3 secs, if my Defender over commits then its a sure pass to me and bucket, and if he hugs me then Russ can work his man in the post. Just have to play off each other. It's more easier said then done, because you have other teammates who clog lanes as well. lol

Last edited by Jampers2k; 06-02-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
I'm guessing a screenshot of his attributes.
Here is your screenshot good sir. Got it straight from his xbox dvr. Rusdids29
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-Original.jpg (210.2 KB, 131 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 07:05 AM   #46
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloLFC
Nice video, great to see guys using the post. I fell in love with the post with my 6'5 shooting guard in 2K14 and I've been incorporating it into my players since, especially my 6'8 small forward I've ran primarily for the last two years. Great work.
Same here. I made a 6'5 230(!) SG this year just because i like to post up other guards. I have all the post move badges, but it's a shame that you can't upgrade the post play attributes more as a SG. Usually it will still get me buckets online because those speedy 5'11 PGs have no clue how to guard in the post.

Great videos, i love the post play since 2K14, really don't know why it isn't used more online.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
While holding LT you use the Right Stick (not holding RT) to start the bump animation. Then RT and Right Stick Towards the Rim while aiming Left Stick the Direction you want to go.
When you press RT do you release LT?
I've always wanted to know how to do it consistently but most of the times I end up doing a contested shot over a defender.

What I do is:
-Ball in the post, let's say 45 degrees to the basket on the left side.
-LT and try to push the defender a litlle bit more inside, then I pull Right Stick to the left (making my defender think I'm going for a fadeaway) but then I do Right Stick to the right (still holding LT).

So sometimes it does a nice fake but most of them is just a weird high school player contested animation. Maybe it's me but I feel that the animations are so random.

Do I do it right or am I missing something?
Old 06-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #48
Rookie

Pitbullz4Life's Arena

OVR: 1

What's ur height and weight for your PF? Great video
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »