Home

Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

This is a discussion on Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Can you guys even drive to the basket with these useless dribbling moves?

My dribbling needs work, but...

-Slow/bad defenders should be very easy to beat off the dribble or play way off and constantly give ground. It shouldn't require a lot of skill by the user in these situations.

-They did go Madden on us by nerfing the ball handling instead of fixing the issues. If they felt it was that necessary, they should've contained those adjustments to online games.

-I think the skill it takes to dribble is disproportionate to the rest of the game. 3s, dunks, passing... nothing is as difficult.

-Moves/animations from the skilled ball handlers should be more convincing and should affect CPU defenders much easier. Similar to facing slow/bad defenders, it shouldn't require a lot of skill by the user when controlling superior ball handlers.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #34
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This discussion should almost be broken up by online/offline. Online I don't want to see them do anything that makes beating your guy any easier. I don't play enough offline to have an opinion of the CPU's defense. Is that something that can be fixed by adjusting sliders if you're having issues beating them?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 3

I think one of the real problems is that defensive wins and losses are too far on opposite ends of the spectrum. In 2k its usually a matter of getting stone-walled or getting a straight line drive to the rim... with the occasional situation where your straight line drive to the rim was thwarted thanks to warp catch-up speed.

There needs to be a balance. Often times the best players wont blow by you consistently, but they get a step, get the opposition on their hip and take advantage of that with pull-backs, spins, step-backs, change of pace and quick pull-ups. Although experienced players can create from this situation, its still a case where the defender is between his man and the goal so the paint is protected.

More hip-riding interactions would lower user's frustrations thanks to the freedom of movement it would afford; but wouldn't decimate the defense in the process. I think implementing this would require them to change up how so many average players can get a driving animations that takes them all the way to the rim when being contacted though, for player differentiation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #36
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Magnetic LT defense and animations that allow the defender to unrealistically recover when he's beat hurt this game badly. All this was made to cover up for the input lag I'am guessing.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Took you 9 months to form an opinion on this...oh...you're probably another person who just downloaded the game for free and have started complaining in the past 2 weeks instead of getting better...
I would like you to explain how to crossover then spin PAST the defender WITHOUT being forced into a weird stutter step animation which STOPS your progress so the defender who just got cracked can get back in front of you to defend.

Side note, I may have owned the game before you, every year.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 06-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Here's a sizeup, crossover, spin move combination from tonight, that gets me past the defender with a clear run at the rim.

Old 06-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #39
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Here's a sizeup, crossover, spin move combination from tonight, that gets me past the defender with a clear run at the rim.

Only reason you got past him is the spin move. If you did that alone, you would have gotten him, it's too op.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:24 AM   #40
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

The dribble moves aren't broken, you just have to know how and when to use them. Not to mention that picks and screens are also necessary sometimes in order to get all the way to the rim...just like in real life. If you pay close attention to a real life NBA game, they don't always get to the rim at will. Plus it also depends on the attributes of the player you're controlling. Someone like LeBron or Westbrook will have an easier time running around and beating their defender to the rim than a slower, less athletic player. Learn to throw your defender off balance using a mix of cross overs and behind-the-back moves. Spin moves also help when the defender is about to get in between you and the rim. Just keep practicing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »