Home

Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

This is a discussion on Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

I've always wondered why the 2K cam doesn't implement what Madden does and actually pause the gameplay when possession changes.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #10
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

I can't stand 2k cam, but I also find Broadcast cam unplayable (too hard to judge spacing and iso moves, makes all of the wonky player movement/animations stand out like a sore thumb because everything else looks so realistic).

Drive cam with camera zoom at 1 and no key zoom is the absolute best experience IMO.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #11
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been using 2k since NBA2k in 1999.

Almost every year I try broadcast but I end up switching back to 2k because I can't get past not being able to see down court when fast breaking.

Also, I almost exclusively play ProAm and MyPark (MyCareer) and I am always the PG of our crew so I need that vision.

Just curious, anybody run point for their ProAm team in Broadcast? If so, do you not have issues on the break?

One year I did cozy up to the Turbo camera for single player MyCareer games. That was pretty cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #12
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

My point about the "real life" is that if it doesn't represent a broadcast "or" real life then what's the point. The broadcast view at least represents one of those perspective 2k cam doesn't do either.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #13
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I've always played the game with either 2K or High camera, because I have a hard time judging distance in real life, and that angle lets me see the passing angles much more easily than a broadcast cam.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad broadcast cameras exist--the more options, the better.

I'm just wondering why I keep seeing in threads that the default 2K cam makes the game look worse. I don't see it.
OS is full of snooty video game segregationists. Ha. 2k is the cheese camera in many players' mind, because it is easier to run and gun and do dribble moves on 2k. Any camera is fine. Dont let these pre internet mindset affect you. All cameras are for everyone.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-01-2016, 05:01 PM   #14
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I can't stand 2k cam, but I also find Broadcast cam unplayable (too hard to judge spacing and iso moves, makes all of the wonky player movement/animations stand out like a sore thumb because everything else looks so realistic).

Drive cam with camera zoom at 1 and no key zoom is the absolute best experience IMO.
Interesting, I've been playing since 2K2 and I don't think I've tried that before. Might have to check it out. I switch back and forth between brodcast and 2k cam. Although, I started using the Beluba cam whenever that was introduced.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #15
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been playing NBA 2K since NBA 2K lol. I have always played on broadcast. NBA 2K had a cinematic camera that was super hard to use but I got use to it. The last time I played on 2K camera was NBA 2K. I would play the cinematic cam at home but my friends liked the 2K camera. I have used broadcast ever since the beginning. I can't see anything with the 2K camera. Court vision is the best on broadcast, in my opinion. I can see the entire court with broadcast plus that's how you see games on TV, not on the 2K cam. I never liked the 2K cam and it makes me dizzy when I watch these videos on YouTube. I am happy I can choose camera angles on Play Now Online because that was my main concern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #16
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

Agreed on drive cam. But, its not an option online.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »