Home

Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

This is a discussion on Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 04:25 PM   #33
Rookie

JHall22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

I use 2k, just helps me see passing lanes and whatnot

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 04:37 PM   #34
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
The game for some reason does look a bit worse visually on 2K, but I simply can't understand how people deal with broadcast cam.

For some reason I just don't think it looks like it would on ESPN or TNT even though 2K claims they mimic the real life stadiums. The camera doesn't move in and out and side to side as much as it should when the ball moves, and fast breaks are absolutely terrible when trying to move the ball quickly.

With 2K cam I can see the court as though I'm actually out there.
Visually to me it looks better on broadcast or the cam similar to broadcast that zooms out on change of possessions. Those are my to go to views. Those cams gives me the perfect "broadcast" view but I am controlling everything.

I really have to go to 2K if playing someone online though if they leaking out every possession and turboing crazy especially last year's transition defense. I actually think this year I might be able to stay on broadcast
Old 09-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #35
Pro

If you're playing solo as a big man broadcast helps you see all the angles out of the post. As a guard you're almost forced to use 2K because you miss out on lots of open players down the floor.

Using a whole team vs another user? Broadcast is basically a handicap. You can't take advantage of guys down the floor and other players will definitely take advantage of you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #36
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
I've been using 2k since NBA2k in 1999.

Almost every year I try broadcast but I end up switching back to 2k because I can't get past not being able to see down court when fast breaking.

Also, I almost exclusively play ProAm and MyPark (MyCareer) and I am always the PG of our crew so I need that vision.

Just curious, anybody run point for their ProAm team in Broadcast? If so, do you not have issues on the break?

One year I did cozy up to the Turbo camera for single player MyCareer games. That was pretty cool.
2K cam makes the game look horrible for me personally. It ruins the immersion. But I'm glad its in there for those that like it. Everything ain't for everybody.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #37
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

I use to play broadcast because of Live back then.

I hated playing with the 2K camera because of the angle rotating due to a possession change however over time, I've gotten use to it and now it doesn't bother me.

I switched from broadcast to 2K because, more often than not, I found it quite difficult to play the passing lane or to pass the ball at certain angles. The 2K view gives me a much better vision and reduces the amount of bad passes I make.

It does take time to get accustom to the camera but once you get the hang of it, it just makes the game a lot easier.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:10 PM   #38
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

I feel like 2K cam encourages players to be constantly be holding up towards the basket, where broadcast gets players to move around the entire court more.

This is of course just based on noticing how I play on both modes, I tend to push the break way more often on 2K cam whereas on broadcast I will wait for plays to develop and use the floor space a lot more
Old 09-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I've been a Broadcast guy for years. Strange to see folks so defensive of their respective angles; to each their own.

That's probably the answer to the original poster's question, too. If you're a Broadcast guy, the game's probably going to look more appealing when it's at that angle. Then again, there may be a case for Broadcast looking best to some regardless, since it most closely matches a real life broadcast and doesn't have a jarring 180 camera twist after every change of possession.

I watched a high-def gameplay clip on Broadcast today and I was actually pretty impressed. Then two minutes in, the user switched to 2K and I realized that maybe all the 2K cam views I'd been seeing was why I wasn't really feeling the look of the game at first.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #40
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

It's the only cam that allows you to see the whole floor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »