Home

Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

This is a discussion on Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people say the 2K camera makes the game look bad?

I like to feel like I'm watching a real game so definitely broadcast.
I don't have any issue regarding fastbreaks or passing lanes, I only use icon passing so that might be it.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:11 PM   #18
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
OS is full of snooty video game segregationists. Ha. 2k is the cheese camera in many players' mind, because it is easier to run and gun and do dribble moves on 2k. Any camera is fine. Dont let these pre internet mindset affect you. All cameras are for everyone.
He asked about why people don't like to see it. How an individual decide to play is up to them, but when sono-one watches game play they are going to want to see it the way that works for them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I've always played the game with either 2K or High camera, because I have a hard time judging distance in real life, and that angle lets me see the passing angles much more easily than a broadcast cam.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad broadcast cameras exist--the more options, the better.

I'm just wondering why I keep seeing in threads that the default 2K cam makes the game look worse. I don't see it.

Yeah, I only use 2k cam, its just easier for me to see and move around the floor with my players. I enjoy watching others play Broadcast cam on youtube, but for me it just throws me off for whatever reason.

I think its the action cam, or something like that that moves around, its kind of neat to use, as it feels your on the court playing, there is a few cam I think that work like this, and I use to play CH2k8 at times with this cam, but even back then I still was almost all 2kcam.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-01-2016, 05:32 PM   #20
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I dont like default 2K cam, I lower it all the way down and zoom it in to about 5 or 6.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:04 PM   #21
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
My point about the "real life" is that if it doesn't represent a broadcast "or" real life then what's the point. The broadcast view at least represents one of those perspective 2k cam doesn't do either.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
To me the point is to win; not play a game that looks like I am watching TV..

But that is why they give us options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 04:17 AM   #22
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Broadcast looks better, 2k cam plays better.

/thread
Old 09-02-2016, 04:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I recall correctly in old 2ks while playing online both players shared the same camera. Imagine that today.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:11 AM   #24
Rookie

I've been playing nba 2k since the dreamcast era and I used the broadcast cam until the game became so animation-heavy, especially in iso, and than I switched to 2k, which works well but totally ruins the aesthetic of the game.
At that point it became kinda hard for me to get proper spacing in broadcast and I hate the limited court vision in fastbreaks. I alwasys hope for some fixes that make me come back to broadcast.
Especially, they should make the zooming more dynamic: once the posession changes, the zoom quickly pans out and cover every inches from the ball to the opposite basket, and slowly zoom in while the player with the ball approaches it, until a user selected maximum zoom.
In this way wherever I get the ball, I'd always see the basket and every player in front of me, and when the CPU or my human opponent has the ball I could see him and all my defenders as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »