Home

So No Steve Nash in NBA 2K17

This is a discussion on So No Steve Nash in NBA 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 04:04 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So No Steve Nash in NBA 2K17

Hopefully its just a Day 1 Roster update on release day that will correct this atrocity...
Old 09-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #58
Rookie

bobaldo1108's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbond3
Hopefully its just a Day 1 Roster update on release day that will correct this atrocity...
It's possible. I remember last year they added a few guys in Q-Rich and Brain Grant or Bonzi Wells who were missing in the pre-release copy of the game. In 2K14, they added Dr. J after 1 month of release.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

NBA players are the worst, always issues with some of these guys and money..
Old 09-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #60
Pro

2K could at least put in a fake player kind of like they did for NFL 2K4 before LaVar Arrington didn't want to be in the game. Maybe name him Stan Nelson with all of Steve Nash's attributes. MLB The Show did this with Barry Bonds (Reggie Stocker). I don't see why they just do not go this route.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #61
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbond3
That's a possibility as they have added legends before after release...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #62
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Damn some of you dudes sound entitled as hell.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:16 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
2K could at least put in a fake player kind of like they did for NFL 2K4 before LaVar Arrington didn't want to be in the game. Maybe name him Stan Nelson with all of Steve Nash's attributes. MLB The Show did this with Barry Bonds (Reggie Stocker). I don't see why they just do not go this route.
Because that's how you get sued. NCAA football has proven this.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Yeah, I think it was easier to get away with this type of thing before the Ed O'Bannon situation. NFL 2K5 used to do it and NHL 2K used to have tons of classic teams as well. NHL actually used to have generic names & faces but each jersey number was code for which player was being represented (something like all 8's were actually 2's and all 4's were actually 5's, so #84 on the '97 Red Wings was actually supposed to be #25, aka Darren McCarty).

Anyway, once the O'Bannon lawsuit sprung about (big time court case claiming the NCAA was using players' likenesses without compensation, even if it was just a bald and generic No. 31 forward on '95 UCLA), every game abandoned ship on the whole classic teams thing, unless they were actually able to secure the rights of the players.

That's why I have to continue to give props to NBA 2K. What other sports game has classic teams right now? And with real players, no less. Of course, that doesn't mean they can slap together a Zombie Dumars and I'm just going to eat it up. But I'm thankful we at least have classic teams to critique and push to improve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »