Home

NBA 2K17 Prelude Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Prelude Feedback Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 02:27 PM   #17
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17 Prelude Feedback Thread

Turbo is the defualt camera for career mode again so please this time 2k please let us use that camera online.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #18
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
I choose Michigan State but i don't have girlfriend..

ps. I finish the story.
If you go to MSU you get a boyfriend instead.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #19
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
If you go to MSU you get a boyfriend instead.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #20
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

...So here's my feelings having just done 2KU. I'm waiting for the background DL and unzipping before I can start career, so all I can go over is 2KU.

So far:

-Passes are OK, I rarely use triangle outside of oops so I haven't dealt with the skip pass issues. I see it in the CPU, so that's definitely something to be addressed.

-Dribbling is going to take some lab time. I get it, but I need to go in and figure out my moves. I got 3 or 4 blow bys with PG #1, and It was almost always after I did a move and they committed. The times when I took a wide angle during these sequences always paid off. I felt rewarded for reading the D, and playing the attack angle. We'll see what happens when the difficulty gets upped a bit.

-You really do get the unique vibe from players. SG #2 felt like he had zero jumpshot. He did. But I broke to the rack and punched in on the Black Team PF. Oh, Slasher, Alright. The SF on my team was definitely the shooter, and any swing pass where he was open was money.

-Defense feels okay. I need to play more with it before I really comment. Got the steals I felt I should get though, that's a plus.

-I missed every shot with the stick. I feel like I need to get used to that. Missed my first lay up too because I forgot to time it. It was a wide open fast break. I barely tapped the shoot button, so I'm not mad.

-It feels a lot more zippy overall. The speed is throwing my timing off I feel, and 2KU's help pop ups happened every single time I went into a sequence or hit the open man. So that didn't help.

Overall- 2KU reminded me of PS3 2k14. The speed was there, I don't feel locked into an animation. As I get used to the system it will probably feel even better. There's inherent smoothness that I don't think is just smoke and mirrors.

I'll update after playing the career portion.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-09-2016, 03:00 PM   #21
Rookie

I just started another one and i can finally see all the scenes. all you have to do is play really really great. your draft stock goes up and the media talks about you like the you are the second coming of lebron lmao. and yeah the girlfriend scenes come with it. this is really not as linear as i thought it would be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #22
MVP

I can't believe once you complete it there's nothing else you can do, can't even shoot around. Let us practice.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #23
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Honestly I'm just mad i finished it all in one sitting. My whole though process going in was to let this hold me over until the actual game releases and I royally screwed that up.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 PM   #24
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I can't believe once you complete it there's nothing else you can do, can't even shoot around. Let us practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »