Home

Reason For No Sprint with R2/RT

This is a discussion on Reason For No Sprint with R2/RT within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #41
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Reason For No Sprint with R2/RT

I have the original controller that came with the PS4, probably had the PS4 for 2 years now, and it seemed that my sprint button was working. Next time I fire it up I will have to check to be sure. I know your player just moves faster alltogether than in the past, so maybe the sprint button just isnt as noticeable as in years past. Seems odd some see the issue, and some dont, so kind of makes me wonder if its not 1 of those weird bugs that NBA2k is known for. I know last year I had issues with the Timeouts and the CPU not being given their additonal 20 second timeout after halftime, yet no one else here seem to see this issue, so I know NBA2k at times does some funky things to people, its the only game I ever played that at times makes me mad as heck, to where I would like to punch someone from that company,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 03:56 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I have the original controller that came with the PS4, probably had the PS4 for 2 years now, and it seemed that my sprint button was working. Next time I fire it up I will have to check to be sure. I know your player just moves faster alltogether than in the past, so maybe the sprint button just isnt as noticeable as in years past. Seems odd some see the issue, and some dont, so kind of makes me wonder if its not 1 of those weird bugs that NBA2k is known for. I know last year I had issues with the Timeouts and the CPU not being given their additonal 20 second timeout after halftime, yet no one else here seem to see this issue, so I know NBA2k at times does some funky things to people, its the only game I ever played that at times makes me mad as heck, to where I would like to punch someone from that company,lol.
Google: R2 Doesn't Work PS4

Hundreds of instances of this, over multiple game.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:03 PM   #43
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
No. None of this. It works fine when you switch R1/R2. It's extremely noticeable and obvious. It's some kind of bug. When you make the switch, R2 works fine for icon passing and side switching on PnRs. It's an issue with how the PS4 is interfacing with the game.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #44
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Google: R2 Doesn't Work PS4

Hundreds of instances of this, over multiple game.
Im going to have to play again to see if I notice it being a issue for me. Not denying others are seeing it, as I have no doubt they are. Im on PS4 and I didnt notice it, thats not to say I dont have the issue, I just didnt notice it, but others probably have played more than I have. Players seemed to move so fast without using sprint button, so I was struggling with that, and is why I probably didnt notice the spring button not working when I push R2.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-09-2016, 11:38 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 3

I'm having this same issue on PS4.

The sprint button doesn't work on defense. I know it isn't a controller issue because I just bought a new controller days ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki

The sprint button doesn't work on defense. I know it isn't a controller issue because I just bought a new controller days ago.
Same thing happens to me but I know mines is 75% mental. Loose balls are 50/50 in this game for the first time in years(we will see with difficulty).

Sent from my NEXT using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 11:49 PM   #47
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki

It has nothing to do with how new your controller is. So far as I've seen, no one knows exactly why it happens. The controller is not damaged, at least not significantly, because if you either switch R2/R1 or play a different game, the R2 button works just fine.

Some people have launch date PS4 controllers that don't have the problem. That said, I borrowed my brother's controller and the bug is not occurring with his, so I'm back to leaning towards getting the game.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #48
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

I personally didn't notice any turbo problems on my PS4. I have that newer red controller so maybe that has something to do with it

PSN: TheDom45

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »