Home

Reason For No Sprint with R2/RT

This is a discussion on Reason For No Sprint with R2/RT within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #65
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Reason For No Sprint with R2/RT

Mine works on ball, with ball, off ball.

We're talking about the blue curved line on top decreasing and turning white right ??

If so, yes. It works for me on all fronts.

I also bought a new controller last march (not sure if that's why it works for me ??)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anything else being said about this, if i buy the game this week and im not able to sprint, would be kind of dissapointed. It works on every other game i have

Can sprint on offense, but not on defense
Old 09-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #67
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

For those of you experiencing the issue... when you hold RT does your Stamina meter drain?

The locomotion guys added a feature this year in which you can "feather" RT to get into a forward run without sprinting. Then if you push RT all the way, you get turbo. The theory is that some controllers are not able to get past the threshold.

However, if you're seeing your stamina bar drain quickly and still not sprinting, it's something else.

Please let me know.

We're pretty certain it's the analog trigger threshold thing which we can actually address in an update (no patch needed.) So it would be fixed as soon as we can post the change.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #68
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

To me it's a bigger problem on defense. R2 button doesn't register on defense but registers and drains stamina on offense. That's with my original model PS4 controller that has had problems in other games as well (GTA 5's gas pedal comes to mind).. But it definitely seems like the threshold is at the least set differently for defense and offense since I can sprint fine on offense.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
For those of you experiencing the issue... when you hold RT does your Stamina meter drain?

The locomotion guys added a feature this year in which you can "feather" RT to get into a forward run without sprinting. Then if you push RT all the way, you get turbo. The theory is that some controllers are not able to get past the threshold.

However, if you're seeing your stamina bar drain quickly and still not sprinting, it's something else.

Please let me know.

We're pretty certain it's the analog trigger threshold thing which we can actually address in an update (no patch needed.) So it would be fixed as soon as we can post the change.
I just checked in 2KU. The player turns to run back but the stamina bar doesn't move. Is there a similar mechanic on offense? I have no more games left to test but it seemed like off ball on offense I had same issue.

My second controller has no issue..
Old 09-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #70
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:

Please let me know.

My stamina bar is the same

My guy just jog, game did not recognize that i pressing r2(only without the ball)
Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #71
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
To me it's a bigger problem on defense. R2 button doesn't register on defense but registers and drains stamina on offense. That's with my original model PS4 controller that has had problems in other games as well (GTA 5's gas pedal comes to mind).. But it definitely seems like the threshold is at the least set differently for defense and offense since I can sprint fine on offense.
Yeah the analog sprinting thing is only off ball players. Ball handlers shouldn't be experiencing any sprinting issues at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:

Please let me know.

Just to follow up, 3 other people just verified on my proam team theirs reacts the same way. stamina bar doesnt move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »