Home

Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11?

This is a discussion on Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #41
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was just thinking about something...

If you could remove any patches from a game (i.e. Patch 5 pretty much "broke" NBA 2K15), do some of you still consider NBA 2K11 the best? I was so mad when they patched the gameplay of NBA 2K16, because it felt so right in the beginning. NBA 2K15 wasn't bad either until they attempted to fix the broken jumpers and shooting percentages.

It's one of the reason that I'm SOOOOOOOO happy that Mike Wang's team won't be in a rush to release patches unless it's game breaking like the floaty passes and PS4 controller issue.
Honestly NBA 2K11 didnt even reach its full potential until it was patched. Its one of the main reasons I'm never against them tweaking things....that very situation...

Nostalgia is undefeated though, I highly doubt 2k11 will ever be beat in some peoples minds....regardless of the quality of the game its being stacked against. Not too much different than NFL 2K5..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

2k11 is still really good though if you put it in now. It just simply plays how you want it to and is responsive. 17 isn't even that responsive after they hyped it.

Most of all the modes, like crew, lobbies, create players teams and share, etc isn't nostalgia.. It's just better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 04:02 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 1

I really enjoyed NBA 2k13, it was a good thing I wasn't aware of the glitches while playing it that helped me into loving it.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:10 PM   #44
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I still have 2K11....the heavy two man animations and non contexual jump shooting shows its age more than anything

I'll take LG 2K14 over it gameplay wise any day of the week if we're just talking about LG
Old 09-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #45
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0

My take on a this is that NBA 2k11 was the greatest NBA game until NBA 2k16.

Played the heck out of NBA 2k11(2k12 was so bad defs keep the 2k11 servers up... I remember this) Crew mode we definitely put up with a few things back then that wouldn't stand a chance now and days mainly the servers.

NBA 2k16 from a sim offline perspective is as close as it gets to the real NBA for me. Just yesterday I loaded up Lakers vs Celtics with the 2016-16 rosters me playing the CPU & had a blast. Me playing a 2k game this late in the year is unheard of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #46
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Oh man those spin dunks were the worst lmao.

Yeah man. Most people only knew how to do it out of the post which could be combatted by moving away or pressing Y to get out the animation. But the people that knew how to do it without posting up was damn near unstoppable.

Again, I am glad people wasn't all on YouTube like they are now because it would've killed 2K11. But maybe 2K would've patched it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #47
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

2k17 will surely be a better game than 2k11, but the step backs on 10/11 were deadly and I remember roasting people with CP3. Haven't been able to truly play with my favorite player quite the same way since then. 2k13 I believe started my myteam obsession and the battles I had in the first seed still are some of my favorite 2k moments of all time.

2k16 was a great game and my only complaint was the sluggishness of the animations. The AI is way smarter and the animations and pull up/mid-range game feels fixed on 2k17 so it should take the throne simply for fixing the key problems that held 2k14-16 back.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #48
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Responsiveness, good ai, and good balance. I still play it to this day. 2K14 last gen might have topped it. That was great as well. A lot of the issues we still have in recent iterations were not issues in 2K11. Imo there's cheese in most games anyway. Don't play against cheesers if you can help it. Plus not enough people knew the exploits outside of the GIANTS they hacked into crew mode. It still needs roster and slider edits to play realistic but again that's every sports game in my opinion. 17 looks great. It could be the game that gets me to shelf 2K11 permanently.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »