Home

Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11?

This is a discussion on Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 06:29 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Who thinks this is gonna be better than 2k11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
What is the obsession with 2k11, a game that I remembered that had exploits, like the step back 3 cheese

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Nostalgia goggles. I still own 2k11, but I don't remember it being better than the later games in the series.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:31 PM   #50
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
2k11 is still really good though if you put it in now. It just simply plays how you want it to and is responsive. 17 isn't even that responsive after they hyped it.

Most of all the modes, like crew, lobbies, create players teams and share, etc isn't nostalgia.. It's just better

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Right. People seem to think they know what it is for everyone lol. I remember the issues w/ the game like how bad the servers were for Crew Mode and the hacks you had to deal with. I remember it all vividly. Just none of these games surpassed it. It's not a coincidence a lot of people say 2K11 is the GOAT lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-14-2016, 06:43 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

NBA 2K2, 2K7, 2K11...these are the golden standards that marked a big shift.
Obviously with a yearly release cycle each game will not be a big jump, and people will have specific ones they like for whatever reason.

But those three marked big moments for this franchise.

Maybe we're due with 2K17?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #52
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Honestly NBA 2K11 didnt even reach its full potential until it was patched. Its one of the main reasons I'm never against them tweaking things....that very situation...

Nostalgia is undefeated though, I highly doubt 2k11 will ever be beat in some peoples minds....regardless of the quality of the game its being stacked against. Not too much different than NFL 2K5..
Yeah. I forgot that the patches made it what it became. I forgot how it played before the patches, but I know I was playing 3-4 online games almost every day. When they announced that they were keeping the servers up longer due to NBA 2K12 being so terrible, I bought a new copy, because I traded in my original copy to get 2K12.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #53
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Ok I will give you guys this. 2k11 did give us the ability to play ranked HOF games. That's what I missed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 12:58 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Nostalgia goggles. I still own 2k11, but I don't remember it being better than the later games in the series.
best game is college hoops 2k8 because it was actually fun to play offline. I think until they go deep like that... it would be really nice to have (since it's the same engine) college hoops stuff in the game. Even fake colleges, as long as it worked the same way as college hoops. I'd pay 60 more bucks for that DLC.

Most 2ks have had really flawed game play in terms of online play, at least a few things. I think the first mypark game where you could equip 5 badges was my favorite, tho. And you could still upgrade individually.

-Smak
Old 09-15-2016, 06:11 AM   #55
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The Legend of NBA 2K11 grows larger the further we get away from it, lol

Great game...played it to death, ahead of its time...but I'm past it at this point. So many vital improvements since then
It's like nfl 2k5

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 06:45 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
My take on a this is that NBA 2k11 was the greatest NBA game until NBA 2k16.
I had the same thoughts initially for a couple of weeks or so but theres just a couple of major problems in 2k16 that i couldnt overlook

1) Transition offense/defense
2) AI logic in terms of defensive rotation - CPU/AI leaving the player with the ball to switch matchups etc...
3) CPU defensive awareness off MADE baskets - like why are my team mates scrambling and lost off MADE baskets?
4) Team mates RUNNING AWAY from open spots - e.g. instead of my pf rolling straight to the basket, he would run at this weird angle so that the defense could rotate and catch up etc...

Thats why overall, just talking about GAMEPLAY and responsiveness, and considering the time the game was made, 2K11 is still the best imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »