Home

NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 05:10 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

What scoring SF could you see being moved? I'm OKC and need some more scoring everyone bar, Westbrook, Adams and VO are fair game.

Last edited by bailey4mvp; 09-22-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #18
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
What scoring SF could you see being moved? I'm OKC and need some more scoring everyone bar, Westbrook, Adams and VO are fair game.
Rudy Gay. He's not great by any means, but he's definitely primed to be moved. He's also a potential free agent this upcoming summer (he has a PO that he can pick up in 2017), so you'll be getting him for a trial run at least.

As to who to give up for him ... that's up to you. I definitely wouldn't trade Payne, but I could see Kanter for Gay, though the Kings have plenty of bigs already so you might want to try a three-way trade, send Kanter somewhere for a pick and send that pick to you while sending the Kings your 1st rounder (your 1st rounder is likely to be of lower value than the one gotten for Kanter).
Old 09-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #19
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I traded Rodney Stuckey and one of my two 2017 2nd round picks for Nik Stauskas.

Fair? They declined it straight up without the 2nd round pick included (the 76ers love their picks).

I needed a little more outside shooting with how I've constructed my Pacers roster so Stuckey really didn't fit in.

I figured the 76ers aren't tied to Stauskas as they just acquired him as a cap dump and got a bunch of picks in return. Plus I only wanted to give up Stuckey and a pick, so there wasn't much to choose from. I don't care one way or another about 2nd round picks.

Here's my rotation now:

PG: Jeff Teague/Livingston
SG: Monta Ellis/Stauskas/Anthony Morrow
SF: Paul George/CJ Miles/Stauskas/Morrow
PF: Myles Turner/Marvin Williams/Miles/Jordan Hill
C: Al Jefferson/Amir Johnson/Bender
Old 09-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #20
Rookie

Silent's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I traded Rodney Stuckey and one of my two 2017 2nd round picks for Nik Stauskas.

Fair? They declined it straight up without the 2nd round pick included (the 76ers love their picks).

I needed a little more outside shooting with how I've constructed my Pacers roster so Stuckey really didn't fit in.

I figured the 76ers aren't tied to Stauskas as they just acquired him as a cap dump and got a bunch of picks in return. Plus I only wanted to give up Stuckey and a pick, so there wasn't much to choose from. I don't care one way or another about 2nd round picks.

Here's my rotation now:

PG: Jeff Teague/Livingston
SG: Monta Ellis/Stauskas/Anthony Morrow
SF: Paul George/CJ Miles/Stauskas/Morrow
PF: Myles Turner/Marvin Williams/Miles/Jordan Hill
C: Al Jefferson/Amir Johnson/Bender
Yea its fair, they could use a vet to help the young guys and nik doesnt ever play in my game, so if u could put him to use why not lol
Old 09-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
Yea its fair, they could use a vet to help the young guys and nik doesnt ever play in my game, so if u could put him to use why not lol
Ya I actually use him, surprisingly. He's not that great, but he doesn't have to be. I pair up Livingston and Teague at PG/SG sometimes so Stauskas only gets like 8 minutes a game. But I actually have a use for his skillset compared to Stuckey.

Plus he fits in a SF if I want to go small on my bench and use Miles at PF.

I'm always worried about screwing over the CPU in trades so I end up paying too much it seems lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 01:33 AM   #22
Rookie

Silent's Arena

OVR: 1

Need some input from you guys!

Traded
Jimmy Butler+Paul Zipser for Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine + Wolfs 2017 first round pick!

Traded Robin Lopez for Cap space to the Jazz

in the first season, which i always sim, Wade+Rondo were both lost for 4 month, so we tanked

Bulls ended up with the 2 Pick overall, 9th from the wolfs, and 13 from the kings

Heat offered Justise Winslow for the 2nd pick + Doggie so i took it! they ended up taking Jayson...

Traded the 9th and 13th pick with my 2020 first pick and 2 2nd round picks for Jamal Murray.

in free agency is where i am at and need your help in picking where to go.

Wade didn't pick up his option and i turned rondo down

Offered Stephen Curry Max and he accepted
Offered Chris Paul Max and he accepted
Offered Blake Griffin Max and he turned it down

Which one between Curry and Paul will u add to this young bulls team
leaning with curry because i can play him at SG next to Kris Dunn

Paul Millsap + Serge Ibaka are still on the board, and need a PF/Center
Which one should i bring in if they both were to accept a deal.

Please give me ur input guys, dont wanna mess this up!

Thanks
Silent
Old 10-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

What do you guys think about this three team trade:

To Boston: Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce

To LAC: Bradley, 19 1st from MEM (from Boston), Will Barton & Kenneth Faried

To Denver: Amir Johnson, 18 1st BOS, 19 1st LAC (from Boston)

Reasoning:

Boston - Gets Blake without giving up either of the Nets picks. Pierce is basically just a throw in because of the three players going back to LA and for sentimental reasons, of course.

LAC - Gets three starters back for Blake and what could be a nice draft pick in the 2019 draft. With the additions of Bradley (a player Doc loves) and Faired, they should have one of the best defenses in the league. Barton immediately improve their weakest starting position.

DEN: This trade for Denver is mainly just a way to dump Faried contract more than anything. Trading his 3 year deal for Amir's 1 year deal gives them more flexibility for the future. Also, moving him opens up more minutes for the young guys. Amir would be a good vet that would take fewer minutes than Faired and give them great depth down low. Barton is a good player, but isn't needed with the depth they have at SF/SG. The picks could help them continue their rebuild in the future.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #24
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
What do you guys think about this three team trade:

To Boston: Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce

To LAC: Bradley, 19 1st from MEM (from Boston), Will Barton & Kenneth Faried

To Denver: Amir Johnson, 18 1st BOS, 19 1st LAC (from Boston)

Reasoning:

Boston - Gets Blake without giving up either of the Nets picks. Pierce is basically just a throw in because of the three players going back to LA and for sentimental reasons, of course.

LAC - Gets three starters back for Blake and what could be a nice draft pick in the 2019 draft. With the additions of Bradley (a player Doc loves) and Faired, they should have one of the best defenses in the league. Barton immediately improve their weakest starting position.

DEN: This trade for Denver is mainly just a way to dump Faried contract more than anything. Trading his 3 year deal for Amir's 1 year deal gives them more flexibility for the future. Also, moving him opens up more minutes for the young guys. Amir would be a good vet that would take fewer minutes than Faired and give them great depth down low. Barton is a good player, but isn't needed with the depth they have at SF/SG. The picks could help them continue their rebuild in the future.
My opinion as follows:

On the face of it, I don't hate it. I just feel like the Clippers are getting way too little here. Blake is, to them, what Pierce was to the Celtics -- a homegrown talent they invested in and who stayed with the franchise back when it wasn't at its highest point (and some could make the case the Clippers reached their lowest points during Blake's early years).

CP3 isn't getting any younger, so if GM Doc deems to trade Blake, he's got to get back someone who can:

A) Help Paul, Reddick, and Jordan this year and next
B) Have long-term potential to take over as the face of the franchise
C) Fill a need

On the face of it, thanks to Denver's inclusion here, GM Doc does get A and C. Barton and Faried both fill needs -- Barton giving him a young SG/SF to use that's a huge upgrade over Pierce or Wesley Johnson and Faried fills in the the slot at the 4 vacated by Blake.

But Barton has already exceeded any expectation of him and further development -- into a fringe all-star perhaps -- is unlikely. Faried is a good defender and glass eater, but his offensive game is more limited than Blake's and starting him and Jordan together would absolutely murder any spacing the Clippers would have. You stick Faried or Jordan in the post and the other has to vacant, rendering their best skills far less effective.

Bradley is a nice get -- but ultimately redundant with Reddick there (though Bradley is the far superior defender, he's not nearly as prolific as Reddick is from deep) and, as a sixth-man, would excel but is fighting for minutes with Crawford and Rivers; you can't put all three out at the same time (Crawford would be eaten alive, Rivers is effective but inconsistent).

Ultimately, I don't see the need for the Nuggets in this trade. Would they like to take that contract they gave Faried back? Probably. But does it matter to them? No. Most of their players are signed to cheap deals and are young. Cap space isn't hurting for them right now and, when it does, Faried's deal will be off the books. The 1st rounders are nice, but what good does that do them? They don't need more 1st rounders, they need a star. Is Mudiay that? Maybe, but he hasn't proved it yet. Denver, much like Boston, has a number of cheap, young assets under control for a few years that could develop into something. But they simply don't have an asset you're really excited about, except maybe Jokic or Nurkic, but those being bigs means that the Clippers shouldn't care.

If you eliminate Denver and make this a straight trade between the Clippers and Celtics, you make a much better case. But then that's still not quite enough, because Doc doesn't get anyone to be the franchise face of the future. So you add in Brown -- it's either him or a Nets pick, and if I were Boston I'd ship him way before the Nets pick. The Clippers would want Brown over a pick anyway I think seeing as he gives them something in the now AND in the future.

To Boston: Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce, Alan Anderson (Filler)

To LAC: Bradley, 19 1st from MEM (from Boston), Amir Johnson, 18 1st BOS, 19 1st LAC (from Boston), Jaylen Brown

It's a steep trade for Boston in terms of future assets, but considering they have the Nets picks, these other ones are nothing. Doc gets back Johnson -- a 4 that has a little range and, more importantly, gives the Clippers some cap relief next summer when he comes off the books -- and gets Brown, who'll instantly start -- and a bundle of picks in 2018/19 that he'll need to either A) reload around CP3/Jordan or B) rebuild after both leave.

In either case, Doc is in good position. The Celtics get their new star in Blake, their old star in Pierce, and someone to sit on the bench to play in emergency situations in Anderson.

I feel this is the most realistic trade for Blake between these two parties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »