Home

NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 09:38 AM   #49
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I know. I felt that way too but i needed a third team to facilitate salary and that's what worked unfortunately. Sorry it was Thunder 1st not 2nd which should be a late first. My bad on that typo haha. I always feel it's better to feel like I paid a lot than to feel I ripped them off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart's salary is what 3.5m a year? You could have have easily found a team with a higher draft pick if you really wanted to ship out Smart. Because OKC even without Durant is still a good team... especially in 2K. I don't know about real life yet, but I could see them in the playoffs next year.

With that said, I'm not sure what the Bulls are doing here. They're SF would be who now? McDermott or Mirotic? Their three best players (IT4, Wade and Rondo) aren't going to be able to play together. I begrudgingly admit this as a Celtics fan, but the Bulter to Boston deal died with the Rondo and Wade signings.... at least for this year anyway. Because if the Bulls would trade Butler, then they would want a SF back in return. A Crowder package with bigs and picks wouldn't be enough. Even a Brown package wouldn't be enough because their spacing is already bad enough, it would only get worse if you threw Brown in the mix. Maybe if the could flip Rondo or Wade for a SG, then they would like IT4, but I don't think the three of them together works.

Lastly, before the draft the rumors for Butler died and later speculated that the Bulls wanted Boston's #3, #16, #23, next years Brooklyn pick, Smart, Bradley and Crowder for Butler. I actually believe that because Boston's owner had this quote after the draft: "We did not SNIFF a trade today. It was a collection of rip-off attempts, and we laughed at them."

http://clutchpoints.com/asking-price...-celtics-bite/

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #50
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.
I posted these along with a MYGM update, but I was curious about the quality of these so I can improve for my next season. I know I made a lot of trades, I plan to cut back, and thanks to anyone who gives feedback

I play as the Lakers and my main goals were to fix up the bench, acquire a better guard than Clarkson, and get picks.

Brandon Bass (PF) was first to be traded for Iman Shumpert. (SG)

Then, Larry Nance Jr(PF), Jordan clarkson(SG), and some picks were exchanged to the Bucks Khris Middleton,(Sg) a first rounder for this year, & Tyler Ennis (PG)

Lakers also traded Louis Williams(SG) for the 1st round pick from the thunder in the year 2017.

Lakers traded Jonathan simmons (SF/SG) to the bucks for the 2020 1st round Lakers pick they had, and a 2018 2nd rounder.

Lakers traded JR Smith (SG) & Tyler Ennis (PG) to the Pelicans for Quincy Pondexter(SF), '17 First rounder, Alexis Ajinca (C)

And finally,

Lakers trade '17 first round (thunder), '17 first round (pelicans), Jakob poetl (c) to the Celtics, for : 18 1st Round (Nets), 17 1st round (swap worst), (nets) Domanats Sabonis (C), Jordan Mickey (PF)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Wow, this is like a collection of how to rip off teams the worst. The Middleton trade includes their first? and the Pelicans trading their 1st for JR Smith? and the Celtics (although I guess it depends on how bad the Pelicans are, but that would make them trading for Smith even worse) trading the Nets pick are really some of the most lopsided trades that I've seen. 2k's trade logic really needs work if it let those go through without trade override on.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #51
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Smart's salary is what 3.5m a year? You could have have easily found a team with a higher draft pick if you really wanted to ship out Smart. Because OKC even without Durant is still a good team... especially in 2K. I don't know about real life yet, but I could see them in the playoffs next year.

With that said, I'm not sure what the Bulls are doing here. They're SF would be who now? McDermott or Mirotic? Their three best players (IT4, Wade and Rondo) aren't going to be able to play together. I begrudgingly admit this as a Celtics fan, but the Bulter to Boston deal died with the Rondo and Wade signings.... at least for this year anyway. Because if the Bulls would trade Butler, then they would want a SF back in return. A Crowder package with bigs and picks wouldn't be enough. Even a Brown package wouldn't be enough because their spacing is already bad enough, it would only get worse if you threw Brown in the mix. Maybe if the could flip Rondo or Wade for a SG, then they would like IT4, but I don't think the three of them together works.

Lastly, before the draft the rumors for Butler died and later speculated that the Bulls wanted Boston's #3, #16, #23, next years Brooklyn pick, Smart, Bradley and Crowder for Butler. I actually believe that because Boston's owner had this quote after the draft: "We did not SNIFF a trade today. It was a collection of rip-off attempts, and we laughed at them."

http://clutchpoints.com/asking-price...-celtics-bite/

I had a look back at the bulls roster and realized that wade is out long term with an ankle fracture so playing time for IT wouldn't be an issue. McDermott and Snell have been playing SF with butler at the 2. So they replace butler with IT at the 2 and get Olynyk, Nets first and my First in 2018. Does that make any difference or should I just reverse the trades and look elsewhere?

Thanks for the response by the way!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 12:11 PM   #52
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I had a look back at the bulls roster and realized that wade is out long term with an ankle fracture so playing time for IT wouldn't be an issue. McDermott and Snell have been playing SF with butler at the 2. So they replace butler with IT at the 2 and get Olynyk, Nets first and my First in 2018. Does that make any difference or should I just reverse the trades and look elsewhere?

Thanks for the response by the way!

Only reverse the trade if you really want to. I agree with jeremym480, the trade makes no sense for the Bulls or OKC. But you went ahead with it anyway and it's your MyLeague, so if it works for you, then let it ride.

Realism is in the eye of the beholder, much like anything else.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #53
Rookie

J.R.'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Wow, this is like a collection of how to rip off teams the worst. The Middleton trade includes their first? and the Pelicans trading their 1st for JR Smith? and the Celtics (although I guess it depends on how bad the Pelicans are, but that would make them trading for Smith even worse) trading the Nets pick are really some of the most lopsided trades that I've seen. 2k's trade logic really needs work if it let those go through without trade override on.
A few of the trades make more sense if you consider I started from the offseason. So some teams didnt have what they usually would, But I'll keep that in mind for next year in mygm. Might post a few "for fun trades" later tonight to practice and get some opinions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by J.R.; 10-05-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #54
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan

I'd also ship out Isiah Thomas. I like his game but he's too ball dominant a scorer and not as accomplished a passer as Rondo was for that Celtics title team. I'd move Smart into the starting role, knowing he won't bring much offense (Rondo didn't either) but he'll lock down dudes. Defensively, your team will be nasty with a lineup Smart, Butler, and Horford in the lineup. I'd use Thomas to grad Future Ray or bolster my bench with talented youngish bets.
How do you feel of me using Isaiah Thomas + assets if needed to go after Devin Booker as my "future" Ray Ray? Any chance? What would I need to dump? More upside than Hield?
Old 10-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #55
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
How do you feel of me using Isaiah Thomas + assets if needed to go after Devin Booker as my "future" Ray Ray? Any chance? What would I need to dump? More upside than Hield?
Booker does have more upside than Hield -- I only worry about his durability, but it's a little worry.

But if you're using Thomas for Booker in a trade between the Suns and Celtics, I have to say no. The Suns traded Thomas to the Celtics and I doubt any GM worth their salt would trade back for a player they sent away (who subsequently excelled outside the previous organization). GM's have egos too.

Add in the fact that the Suns already have Bledsoe and Knight (both locked into fairly decent deals), adding another point guard is illogical at the least. You'd need to arrange some sort of three-way trade that sends Thomas away to a team that needs a PG, gives you Booker, and addresses the Suns needs -- either by unloading Tyson Chandler and giving them a legitimate youngish player with potential at SF or SG (maybe C, but it depends on what they consider Bender) OR tossing in picks/players to help them compete this year for a playoff spot (and helps them continue to compete long-term).

The Suns are in a weird place and have Chriss (PF of future) and Bender (C or PF, but based on Chriss being there, probably C). Booker is the star guard of the future for them and they have Warren at SF, so they don't need Brown, Thomas, or any of the picks you can offer -- they've got talent aplenty, it's a matter of experience and figuring out what team they want to be.

I don't see them moving from Booker unless they receive a legitimate All-Star (at least) back that doesn't steal development time from their young players. SF is really the only position I see that being the case for (Warren, in my view, projects out as a good sixth-man type but only a decent starter) and the Celtics can offer Crowder+Brown there, but neither is an All-Star and Brown is just athleticism+Potential at the moment, so he doesn't do the Suns any good in their pursuit for a playoff spot. Crowder wouldn't be so bad for them as a team, but he doesn't move the needle and the Suns simply can't sell Booker for Crowder+picks, that's a bad look -- it looks way underwhelming to the fanbase.

In conclusion, you need a third-team at least to begin considering this and you need to give the Suns something valuable in return for Booker because they value him quite highly -- as they should. It's a tough arrangement to work out, really, so I'd abandon Booker as an idea and look elsewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #56
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
In conclusion, you need a third-team at least to begin considering this and you need to give the Suns something valuable in return for Booker because they value him quite highly -- as they should. It's a tough arrangement to work out, really, so I'd abandon Booker as an idea and look elsewhere.
Back to the drawing board I go...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »