Home

Thoughts on the slasher build.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the slasher build. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #25
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Thoughts on the slasher build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraldsson88
Whats your dunk, speed and all that at 6'6?

I really regret making a slasher, even more when i actually farm all my vc. Fml.
My speed is 87(will be 88 after the last upgrade)
My dunk is 82 or 85. Maxes at 91, I think.
Contact dunk is 77 or so. Maxes at 83. You need 82 for all of the good contact dunk signature animations, so that's what I'm going for.
FWIW, strength maxes at 61, I think.
Ball control is 79, which is enough to do most of the good stuff.

The main thing for me, as a wing, is being able to hit the break and make cuts in the half court with a real threat to finish agianst good defenders, either with the ball or with an alley. In MyCareer it's working out fine but we'll see how it goes in ProAm. I'm still working on my badges.

Right now I'm rated 85 and I've unlocked Alley Oop Finisher but I'm really waiting on that Posterizer and Relentless Finisher, which should both unlock pretty soon.

Just as an FYI, I suggest upgrading your dunk and dribble packages before really judging the archetype. I've had the agility maxed for awhile but my character feels much more explosive after the dunk/layup upgrades+packages.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 09-20-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #26
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstone77
The slasher should be the fastest archetype. Name a slasher that is slow or a slasher that can be caught on the break.All the love went to the Sharpshooters and Playmakers. Also what is with these shot creators having a 90 moving shot but a 70 or 80 standing shot. Also the moving shot rating is not a modifier either sooooo...mess ups all around 2k

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
This is so on point!!! Slasher is absolutely the worst type of player. I don't even get the name? It's called slasher but yet a center can chase you down and block every path to the hoop. A slasher that can't dribble to save his live and a slasher that cant explode to the rim and dunk ?

As you said sharpshooter and play-makers got ALL the perfect combinations. What a waste !!
Old 09-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #27
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
My speed is 87(will be 88 after the last upgrade)
My dunk is 82 or 85. Maxes at 91, I think.
Contact dunk is 77 or so. Maxes at 83. You need 82 for all of the good contact dunk signature animations, so that's what I'm going for.
FWIW, strength maxes at 61, I think.
Ball control is 79, which is enough to do most of the good stuff.

The main thing for me, as a wing, is being able to hit the break and make cuts in the half court with a real threat to finish agianst good defenders, either with the ball or with an alley. In MyCareer it's working out fine but we'll see how it goes in ProAm. I'm still working on my badges.

Right now I'm rated 85 and I've unlocked Alley Oop Finisher but I'm really waiting on that Posterizer and Relentless Finisher, which should both unlock pretty soon.

Just as an FYI, I suggest upgrading your dunk and dribble packages before really judging the archetype. I've had the agility maxed for awhile but my character feels much more explosive after the dunk/layup upgrades+packages.
I have gold posterizer, gold relentless finisher, and gold one man fast break. My slasher still can't do squat on fast breaks as I barely by a hair get lucky enough to lay it in on fast breaks because every defender no matter who or what position catches up to me. Last game I was for whatever reason subbed for a center. I felt like the center was Gary Payton in his prime and I was George Murison lol This is such a bad build and no clue why ball handling is so awful for this archetype.

I've always made SFs in previous years and never had as much issues as this year. It's evident 2k tone this type down to and gave all the disadvantages. I was wondering why everyone at the park is a sharpshooter and playmaker. After a while every park is going to be these 2 player types because all the rest are basically useless in the park. A slasher can't slash as he's suppose to and finish, a PF... well that's pretty much a lose lose there completely a waste as you cant do a thing. Center you just have to hog the middle and watch all the sharp shooters and playmakers rain 3s all day. My park is turning into 3 point contest and its not even 1 week in already.

Devs and 2K please fix this before it gets out of control as it already is happening.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #28
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

Are you running the break with the ball or off the ball?
Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
I have gold posterizer, gold relentless finisher, and gold one man fast break. My slasher still can't do squat on fast breaks as I barely by a hair get lucky enough to lay it in on fast breaks because every defender no matter who or what position catches up to me. Last game I was for whatever reason subbed for a center. I felt like the center was Gary Payton in his prime and I was George Murison lol This is such a bad build and no clue why ball handling is so awful for this archetype.

I've always made SFs in previous years and never had as much issues as this year. It's evident 2k tone this type down to and gave all the disadvantages. I was wondering why everyone at the park is a sharpshooter and playmaker. After a while every park is going to be these 2 player types because all the rest are basically useless in the park. A slasher can't slash as he's suppose to and finish, a PF... well that's pretty much a lose lose there completely a waste as you cant do a thing. Center you just have to hog the middle and watch all the sharp shooters and playmakers rain 3s all day. My park is turning into 3 point contest and its not even 1 week in already.

Devs and 2K please fix this before it gets out of control as it already is happening.
Ball handling isn't awful. It has the second best playmaking attribute cap. Honestly any position you pick is gonna be frustrating at first because you can't play like you did last year or the year before. Sharpshooter would be awesome if that is literally all you do. You definitely won't be about to out run anyone with or without the ball.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #30
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

It's worth noting that sharpshooters and playmakers are gonna flourish with as much space as a 3v3 full court game. Right now I think the finishing on playmakers is way too high. With that much athleticism, they should be forced to avoid contact. I think sharpshooters are fine but overall I'd like to see much more favorable finishing and drawing of fouls for slashers.

This class should seek out contact and be rewarded for it. The priority should be on not letting them get a head of steam, but if they do get a head of steam, you should be at risk.

That said, I don't have the floater badge yet, so that could be utterly OP with such high layup/close ratings.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:00 PM   #31
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

I have have a 6'7 slashing SF and I love the playstyles aside from a few things. Not sure why but I can never make a layup that is slightly contested. I'm timing them good to the point where it on the line, but it just blow the layup even against short PG. I have an 87 driving and 90 standing, not sure how I'm blowing these easy points. Iht even worse at the park, hopefully once it max strength and layups this change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #32
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
I have have a 6'7 slashing SF and I love the playstyles aside from a few things. Not sure why but I can never make a layup that is slightly contested. I'm timing them good to the point where it on the line, but it just blow the layup even against short PG. I have an 87 driving and 90 standing, not sure how I'm blowing these easy points. Iht even worse at the park, hopefully once it max strength and layups this change.
Yeah, we might be underestimating the strength stat. Max strength and playing around with different layup packages will have to happen before we can say. Also floater badge+floater abuse, and raising that Draw Foul rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »