Home

Too Many Injuries in MyGM

This is a discussion on Too Many Injuries in MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #65
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too Many Injuries in MyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Finished the 7th game of My League with the Blazers, McCollum gets another ankle injury coming down from a jumpshot (his 3rd in 7 games), but it was just a sprain. And just now was playing the 8th game vs the Suns, and Lillard breaks his ankle when coming down from a jumpshot at the start of the second half (also his 3rd this season, all happened the same way).

Like I said before, I really like the frequency of injuries and such, but this is pretty crazy (and kinda funny). I'll mess with the sliders and see if that changes anything. Ah, and no other players on the team have had any injuries so far, just those 2 over and over again like its stuck in a loop.
That's the thing: It's like the programming of the game is meant to mostly injure the stars. I'm not saying star players don't get hurt, but why would Curry go down while playing just 22 minutes, but Livingston would be fine playing over 30?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bump because more topics are being made
Old 09-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #67
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Played a play now with 98 bulls. Pippen and MJ both went down with ankle injuries. Pips was broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 02:05 PM   #68
Rookie

doublek's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
I signed Greg Oden and he sustained an injury as soon as he accepted my offer.
Ahh that sux bro...

When I tried to sign Oden, he got injured while walking into my office so I just rescind my offer... dodge a bullet there!

Old 09-26-2016, 05:36 PM   #69
Rookie

I agree, they need to tone down the injury frequency a little bit. In-game injuries are realistic but should not be this common. I noticed the most common in-game injuries in NBA 2K17 are sprained ankles and toes.

In my experience, this usually happens when you take a highly contested jump shot where the defender contests without jumping. My current myGM Lakers (10 min qtrs HOF) have encountered these a lot of times and I have caused some myself to the other team (not intentional of course, but I was manually contesting / holding L2). I was able to limit my own injuries/sprains by rarely taking contested jumpers but of course, I can't fully control that but it seems like sim injuries (AI vs AI) are more rampant this year and it usually happens to stars. In my current myGM season for the Lakers, I have faced Pelicans without A. Davis and Warriors without Steph while causing a sprained ankle injury to Klay in-game while contesting his shot (I don't usually jump on contests).

In my previous myGM (I restarted 3 days ago) where I played 11 games (10 min qtrs on Superstar). I had 3 ankle injuries to 3 different players, Russell, Ingram and Middleton (got from a trade). I also got a sprained knee injury with Gobert (got from a trade). All injuries happened in-game as I don't sim games. The max was 2-4 weeks so it was not that bad, but still, 4 starters missing games in the 1st 11 games of the season is pretty extreme and needs toning down
Old 09-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #70
Rookie

I refrained from starting another MyGM because of this problem. I started 4 overall. Every time I had around 3-6 players injured in the first 2-3 games that is simply stupid. The same goes for the whole league. After 2-3 games there are usually 20-40 injuries, mainly starters and stars, who are out for at least 4 weeks each.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #71
Just started!

Interesting how the focus seems to be on star players. My three serious injuries were to Paul George (4-6 weeks) and then to Myles Turner (2-3 weeks; collapsed lung!). Two games after returning from the healed lung, Turner sustained a 2 week ankle injury. I traded for Kevin Love, and he got injured in his second game, out 4-6 weeks.

***Important: Do any patch updates (for example, if they fix this problem) apply to a MyGM that has already started? One can hope. I am about 25 played games into the season, and would hate to start a new one. Have to admit, it has been fun to develop a story line based on Al Jefferson The Savior and The Return of Born Ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just started a 4th MyGM attempt.

First game, Horfor and Lopez get hurt. Second game, Gibson, Portis and Al Jefferson got hurt.

Yeah. There's no injury problem at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »