Home

The VC issue - perfectly put in words

This is a discussion on The VC issue - perfectly put in words within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #113
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The VC issue - perfectly put in words

Quote:
Originally Posted by monegames
NO they sound like someone that wants to play a career mode for a game without all the Online restrictions. You know like in 2k12.
Did you even read his post that I responded too?

He has limited time, won't pay for VC & wants to have multiple characters, that has nothing to do with online restrictions and the supposed 2K 'forcing' people to buy VC.

Everyone always moans and thinks the negative rather than going with the positives.. You only need to do the Career mode once, all the cut scenes are the same and so are the phone messages etc. When you use a multiple character you might as well go and play MyLeague and create your own if you don't go online. It is a better mode with player lock because you are in control of everything.

You also have ways to earn VC, easy routes but that is shot down because people can't be bothered and then moan that they have to pay for VC otherwise.. Welcome to the real world, you have to work for things.
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 09-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #114
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2
"NBA 2K17 has a life span of 12 months"

Cripes...is it going to go bad? Do they shut off the servers (Are 2K16s shut off)? Will the discs spoil? Do they have a smell?
I'm speaking in regards to when 2K18 gets released, which I guarantee most who moan will buy and then completely ignore 2K17 (which they could still continue their Career modes on).
Old 09-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
I'm not arguing with anything you have said so it's all irrelevant.

How is my argument immature? People are saying "it's not a charity", "you don't know for sure they are making a penny profit" and stuff like that and I'm laughing at the absurdness of it...

I have no interest in debating with you anymore as you're not even reading what I'm saying, you're just throwing insults.
Excuse me, but you replied to ME saying I was crying and and putting forth a childish argument. The biggest insukt i wrote said IF anyone had a childish argument or are crying its someone else. Do YOU read what you wrote? I did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #116
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
NBA 2K17 has a life span of 12 months. If it takes you 2 months to max out one guy, then you still have 10 months to play the 'current' game. If it takes you longer then you can still enjoy the game also.

In your situation you are saying that you want to be a PG, then a SG and so on.. Why not create a player and play a MyLeague with player lock? That to me sounds more suited to your limits with time, the cutscenes being the same for multiple characters etc, being able to add accessories when you want, changing positions, mixing up attributes and badges etc..

Sounds like you are someone who wants to be on par with those who are 85+ but don't want to put the time/or can't due to limits in your private life or pay for the VC.. Everyone has to make sacrifices and if your time is limited then your sacrifice will have to be playing MyCareer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
Did you even read his post that I responded too?

He has limited time, won't pay for VC & wants to have multiple characters, that has nothing to do with online restrictions and the supposed 2K 'forcing' people to buy VC.

Everyone always moans and thinks the negative rather than going with the positives.. You only need to do the Career mode once, all the cut scenes are the same and so are the phone messages etc. When you use a multiple character you might as well go and play MyLeague and create your own if you don't go online. It is a better mode with player lock because you are in control of everything.

You also have ways to earn VC, easy routes but that is shot down because people can't be bothered and then moan that they have to pay for VC otherwise.. Welcome to the real world, you have to work for things.

I didn't have a problem creating multiple careers in 2k12. Before VC I could create multiple players, all looking different and playing different. Once they introduced MyPlayer and VC it has become increasingly more difficult to do so, can't even create multiple careers with different characters. they are all based on MYPlayer. Each year they add more and more that cost VC. Last year I could just pick out most dribble moves and styles, this year they all cost VC, not just the NBA players and legends but every dribble move costs VC.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #117
Rookie

dre2's Arena

"Welcome to the real world, you have to work for things."

Video games...serious biz.

Man, what do you guys think is the best case scenario for 2K moving forward? Continue to slightly increase vc costs? Seperate the game into online and sp? People who buy vc...if by 2K20 it's double priced and now alternate away jerseys are only unlocked through buying with vc or a bonus in season 3 of MyCareer, would you still buy? I don't honestly know if I would or not...feedback? (Trying to keep the thread interesting).
Old 09-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #118
Banned

Is there any option to implement a vote for this topic? Agree or disagree?

I think it would be more fruitful than people just attacking the opinions of others.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:42 PM   #119
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by monegames
I didn't have a problem creating multiple careers in 2k12. Before VC I could create multiple players, all looking different and playing different. Once they introduced MyPlayer and VC it has become increasingly more difficult to do so, can't even create multiple careers with different characters. they are all based on MYPlayer. Each year they add more and more that cost VC. Last year I could just pick out most dribble moves and styles, this year they all cost VC, not just the NBA players and legends but every dribble move costs VC.
Unfortunately it's how the video gaming world is changing. Games always try to advertise, incorporate and make it sound better to have the in-game purchases.. It will only get worse.. This is when the community needs to either do one of three things;

1) Deal with it and adjust
2) Don't purchase the games
3) Work together to find workarounds and shortcuts if available (Like the VC one on 2K)

People get the impression I'm on 2K's side and I'm not as such.. I hate how the whole video game world is based on micro-transactions. A game I loved to play was DCUO and unless you spend money on there it's tough to do anything in the later stages of the game. I do know that with NBA 2K17 there is ways around buying VC and they are acceptable over the course of the 12 months but people ignore it and want things now.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #120
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
Is there any option to implement a vote for this topic? Agree or disagree?

I think it would be more fruitful than people just attacking the opinions of others.
The only way to vote that matters is with your wallet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »