Home

The VC issue - perfectly put in words

This is a discussion on The VC issue - perfectly put in words within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #81
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The VC issue - perfectly put in words

Let's define "being forced". At what point is 2K Sports forcing you to spend money? When I turn on my game, I'm always able to freely play my game and go online. When I go home, there's no 2K Sports employee sitting in my living room, and demanding me to buy VC.

Someone mentioned playing against other maxed out players. Well, don't you play against higher skilled/ranked/leveled played in other games?

Someone posted how much money 2K Sports might be making from VC. Why would a reasonable business just give up that money, and try to explain to the shareholders why it was a good decision?

Someone mentioned Witcher being a quality made game. In this day and age, I don't know ANY games that don't receive post-release support at some point or another. If you had to patch it, then something was broke and was missed in QA.

What I'm trying to figure out is why is 2K Sports being held to a different standard when there other equally successfully games doing the same thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
Props to the OP for making this thread (hope its not deleted or closed) There is some real good serious debate here and I enjoyed reading through all pages so far.

All the people that are saying VC is fine really have no idea what 2k is doing right about now. If you add some of these numbers and see roughly how much money they are making you may fall off your chair if you're sitting in one. Hypothetically let's just say everyone is okay with VC. We are all sheep we buy it and give 2k the $60 for the game + average of $10 dollar VC each user (which by the way I bet is way higher). Now lets roll last years game sales and do some math if we may.

2k16 sold aprox. 4 million copies. So 4mil x $60 = $240000000

Did your eyes open up big yet? No okay let's keep going.

VC sales stats $10 each sale x 4million copies = $40000000

$40,000,000 + $240,000,000 = $280,000,000

So dear 2K and sheeps of 2k who think VC is a good idea are you to tell me that 2k17 is worth even a fraction of 280 million dollars?

It's the same awful game mechanics that is completely polished with new graphics and different my player story-line.

280 million dollars!!!! Do you think they actually used this money to make 2k17? Nope they used it to fund other games and buy themselves mansions and few more Bugati's

To end this joke 2k17 is trying to suck more blood and money out of us with making everything even more VC worthy. So that estimate $10 each they want to make it $20. For what exactly? So we can get 2K18 with slightly better graphics and same broken bugged game?

Hope you all see the issue here as it's clearly getting out of hand. Listen it's a business I get it I'm not stupid. But, for all the money everyone is giving to 2k you would think they would give the best game possible. Look at what GTA V did. Sure its not a good comparison since they had years to work for it while 2k continues to put games each year. But, still bottom line is with that much money flooding 2k bank accounts I am expecting a game that will blow my mind away. A game with little bug and a game where player mechanics are solid.

The End.
I suspect it is a great deal larger than you are estimating. The average PC and console player is spending nearly $100 and free to play app games are just a little lower. Even the madden app game the average player is spending $57. Clash of clans and kim kardashians app games come in at $112 or so per player and the king Game of War Fireage players spending average of $500.

These are the numbers game companies are looking at so why would they ignore all that free money out there. They would be negligent to their investors if they ignored it.

Until they arent making huge profit they will continue. You think spaghetti in a restaurant is worth $20? But they will charge what the consumer will pay until they dont. They arent going to say...oh at $5 a plate we are making a profit so we will keep the price there even though people are filling restaurant at $20 a plate.

Oh and by the way, who is a bigger sheep; the guy who doesnt have a problem with it and buys game or the one who keeps buying the game and is unhappy?

Last edited by downsouth; 09-23-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:22 PM   #83
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
I suspect it is a great deal larger than you are estimating. The average PC and console player is spending nearly $100 and free to play app games are just a little lower. Even the madden app game the average player is spending $57. Clash of clans and kim kardashians app games come in at $112 or so per player and the king Game of War Fireage players spending average of $500.

These are the numbers game companies are looking at so why would they ignore all that free money out there. They would be negligent to their investors if they ignored it.

Until they arent making huge profit they will continue. You think spaghetti in a restaurant is worth $20? But they will charge what the consumer will pay until they dont. They arent going to say...oh at $5 a plate we are making a profit so we will keep the price there even though people are filling restaurant at $20 a plate.
Thank you.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:32 PM   #84
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

I bought VC and I bought the game. But, it's still not enough. I have to either buy more VC to compete with people in the park or not play My Park at all at this point. This was the best part of My Career/My Player going back to 2k10.

So with everyone okay with this it simply means one thing. Either pay $100+ dollars on top of $60 or dont play My Park mode. How fun is it to go to My Park and see all 80+ player first week of release? Where is the fun in watching a 3 point contest and everyone doing dunks left and right because they decided to spent all this extra money.

The whole point of My Career was to play seasons, grind, and get to high level after hours of play. If you had no time you had a bad rated player simple as that. You can probably count in few minutes how many people actually play a entire season on my player now. No one gives a damn about those pointless cut scenes or story or any of it. All that production cost or money spent is useless if you can just buy everything and skip right to My Park.

VC ruined My Career.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
I bought VC and I bought the game. But, it's still not enough. I have to either buy more VC to compete with people in the park or not play My Park at all at this point. This was the best part of My Career/My Player going back to 2k10.

So with everyone okay with this it simply means one thing. Either pay $100+ dollars on top of $60 or dont play My Park mode. How fun is it to go to My Park and see all 80+ player first week of release? Where is the fun in watching a 3 point contest and everyone doing dunks left and right because they decided to spent all this extra money.

The whole point of My Career was to play seasons, grind, and get to high level after hours of play. If you had no time you had a bad rated player simple as that. You can probably count in few minutes how many people actually play a entire season on my player now. No one gives a damn about those pointless cut scenes or story or any of it. All that production cost or money spent is useless if you can just buy everything and skip right to My Park.

VC ruined My Career.
Ive said before, mycareer and Park/ProAm should be two separate modes. Then you dont need to force players to do game modes they dont enjoy. Why would a guy have to play 8 NBA seasons before he can be a good player in Parks? NbA players are barely even allowed to play in parks and gyms these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
What???!! Those numbers mean absolutely nothing. What are the expenses? What is the production costs? licences? real estate? marketing? loans? Please don't go down this route. People count other people's money all of the time, but without knowing the net proceeds, numbers don't mean anything.

For example, a buddy of mine has a gas station. He sells over a million dollars of gas every year. His station generates about $95,000 each year in profit. But not knowing expenses, most uninformed would think he's a millionaire. Stop trying to count their money. If you don't agree. Don't buy. It really is that simple. If enough people don't buy, they will get the message.
Lmao the arguments in this thread....

Do you really believe 2k are struggling and that 240 million is only enough to scrape by and pay the light bills so they desperately need VC sales in order to thrive?

There's a couple of people in this thread that I'm sure are plants...
Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #87
Banned

Old 09-23-2016, 01:44 PM   #88
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Yall can sit idle and enjoy the current inflation of everything in the US. I wont complain, just simply choose what to and what not to buy but the ones who accept it make it bad for the ones who don't. Simply because you defend the model. Think the current Iphone. I smh at the suckas who pay for that phone.

I stay in Chicago where the sales tax is over 10%, we pay for normal things like garbage pick up and car stickers while the rest of the country doesn't. (NY and LA excluded)When I pay my hard earned 60 bucks on a game. I don't want to have to pay extra to get a full fleshed out experience. I'm sick of the gaming industry hustling us. Thats all it is, a hustle. People have mentioned good points with other games like the Witcher and GTA. Sure, they have longer dev cycles but they also have massively bigger budgets. Yet, they still believe offering "FULL"...(emphasis on the word FULL) content that is worthy of a purchase while GTA goes the free route. And since I'm on this topic, you do realize that since 2K is a yearly game, they end up earning just as much as the AAA titles that have 4-5 year dev cycles right?

15 bucks for college teams you can do nothing with?? I'll pass.
10-20 bucks on VC when I can just play the game?? I'll pass
Pay 40 extra bucks to get some in game shoes and a hoodie and a MyTeam card?? I'll smack the taste out ya mouth lol.

I'm not as business savvy as some of you but from a consumer standpoint...which we all are...yall killing me by defending microtransactions. (new maps, gear, avatar stuff) Its the biggest ripoff since banks charging you a fee to hold "YOUR" money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »