Home

The VC issue - perfectly put in words

This is a discussion on The VC issue - perfectly put in words within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The VC issue - perfectly put in words

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
Well clearly you don't quite understand what others in the thread are explaining to you.. Your point was trying to imply that we are being forced to buy VC. Plenty have proven that is incorrect. You can earn VC and enjoy the game fully without doing so. You only need to buy VC if you want stuff immediately. So 2K have the options there to buy VC but it is not as you put it something that is forcing us to do so.

Welcome to the WORLD OF GAMING. Every game does similar, DCUO is free to play and so is Smite but to get extra benefits you have to pay for something.. COD, BF, FIFA, Madden and near on most games now.. This is how the gaming scene has been for the past 5+ years.

With 2K, everyone and that is a FACT, everyone can get to the same point within the game. It is just a matter of how long and that is what the difference of buying VC to working hard for it is. So again, you are not FORCED to buy it.
your are not being forced to buy vc, you are being seduced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 12:34 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I understand perfectly what the OP is saying. I don't see how everyone just willingly accepts this to be honest.

The reason why I avoid mypark and pro-am is for the exact reasons stated already, you end up faces highly rated players online way to often so one is forced into two decisions to compete:

a: spend real money on VC to compete with players without grinding or,

b: grind your *** off till you earn the VC.

The first favors the people who do have the time to play 100+ games of Myplayer. To put it frankly, I don't and I would really love to play pro-am at a competitive level. But I'm not rich ethier so I don't spend money on in-game items after I already dropped 60 on the game.

I get it, this is business, trust me I do but I also understand where the OP is coming from. If I wanted to enjoy playing pro-am or mypark with friends...who probably grinded or purchased VC, then I'm ***-out.

As someone mentioned, there should be a tier system like most online games. Low rated scrubs like myself can play with like minded scrubs and still enjoy the game without even having to touch mycareer.
I totally get where you are coming from. I see your point of view and it sucks that you dont have the grind time or extra cash for the VC. No sarcasm at all. In any business there will be some consumers that cant enjoy the product fully.

Id love a tricked out tahoe but i had to go with a stock model. Before i could enjoy a new one i had to go used. Ill never in my lifetime be able to own a new Range Rover or Mercedes G class.

Even if there was no VC youd still have to grind though and youd be left out until you build up your player. Theyre a business so they will look to maximize profits. That must mean that most people arent unhappy. In Miami we have clubs full of people happily buying $15 drinks and tons of people living on the sidewalk outside those clubs. Such is our society.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #67
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
I totally get where you are coming from. I see your point of view and it sucks that you dont have the grind time or extra cash for the VC. No sarcasm at all. In any business there will be some consumers that cant enjoy the product fully.

Id love a tricked out tahoe but i had to go with a stock model. Before i could enjoy a new one i had to go used. Ill never in my lifetime be able to own a new Range Rover or Mercedes G class.

Even if there was no VC youd still have to grind though and youd be left out until you build up your player. Theyre a business so they will look to maximize profits. That must mean that most people arent unhappy. In Miami we have clubs full of people happily buying $15 drinks and tons of people living on the sidewalk outside those clubs. Such is our society.
I agree with the bolded statement, but this also means that we would see more low to mid-tier players online, not just maxed players.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #68
Banned

I agree.

However, I'm a 72 overall on Superstar and I'm already having 30 pts 15 ast 4 steals statlines. The game has only been out 2 weeks or so lol.

I hate VC though and everything it stands for. And to charge someone 60 pounds/dollars/euros and then expect them to pay more during the year is quite disgusting as a concept.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynniner80810
It's a business bro...They aren't running a charity.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Terrible argument. They already charge you £60 to buy the game. They're going beyond business. What other game on the market for consoles charges this much to buy and then adds so many monetization options inside of it?

Edit: actually I must go further and say that is the worst argument I have ever heard for anything in my life.

They're not a charity....really??! They're not a charity so you should pay them every penny you have in hopes of enjoying the game?

They're not a charity....so you're saying we shouldn't get anything for free. But what are we getting for free? We're making them millions, and you're saying stop complaining about them wanting even more money because they're not a charity?? Like they're doing poorly for themselves and they need some help?

What we're you smoking when you wrote this? And the fact that 3 people agreed with you is insanity. It's the weirdest argument I've ever heard. Not even 2k themselves would say "were not a charity, we need more money for the things were giving you. Please buy a tattoo for 1000VC so little timmy can get a train set for Xmas this year"....

Very strange post.

Last edited by Mweemwee; 09-23-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #70
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
I agree with the bolded statement, but this also means that we would see more low to mid-tier players online, not just maxed players.
I think having a ranking system for lobbies online would be an idea.. If your win percentage is really low then you get put in with others, same at the other end, if you are a cheeser who wins 1,000 and loses only 34 then you go against the other people around your level.

I don't think rating should effect lobbies because there will always be people who find a workaround to abuse those who are playing against them in the lower tier.
NFL: Cleveland Browns
Old 09-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #71
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
congrats for totally missing the point here. the discussion should solely be about the fact that 2k went for a game design that is nothing but about making people buying vc AFTER they have bought a full priced aaa game. and they keep on "improving" that game design year after year. and that's just right bitch move from their side.

what you name is not the cause, but it's the effect. and of course it will not be changed, because too many people fall for it. 2k has set a trap and soooo many people walk into it with open eyes, it's ridiculous. it's like fishing with a blank hook and still catching the biggest fish, cos the fish is too stupid and will bite anyways.
The bottom line is that you ultimately have the choice to buy or not. If it took 40 hours a week for the next 5 months to get a 80 overall, then you might have an argument. Otherwise, you can get a descent player within fair amount of time. Hell, you can play the mobile game while using the bathroom for a quick 500.

If it bothers you that much, then you can always Google how to farm VC easily until it's patched. Otherwise, it's not a "trap" that people fall into. The general public should know by now that's creating your My Player is not a quick task.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-23-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #72
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The bottom line is that you ultimately have the choice to buy or not. If it took 40 hours a week for the next 5 months to get a 80 overall, then you might have an argument. Otherwise, you can get a descent player within fair amount of time. Hell, you can play the mobile game while using the bathroom for a quick 500.

If it bothers you that much, then you can always Google how to farm VC easily until it's patched.
It's fairly easy.. Hall of Fame & 5 minute quarters and just get a really good team mate grade (screens and passes help) & respectful stats.. You can earn between 800-1200VC plus the daily 500VC from the phone app then finally the endorsements in-game that can give 6,000VC+.

So if you only have an hour or an hour and a half per day you could realistically earn lets say between 3,000VC to 4,000VC.

That's between 40 to 50 hours to get near 150,000VC. I think to max your guy it's between 150,000-200,000VC. Within a month you will have a max guy by playing for an hour or so per day.
NFL: Cleveland Browns

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »