Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
So if he is so accurate from that distance, why is he not taking 5-10 shots per game from there in real life? I get that people want to be able to replicate what he can do in reality, but they should be limited to a realistic replication. Shooting 5-10 shots from that distance per game is not realistic. Period.
Because of fatigue. Which is not represented in 2k.

Blame that, instead of calling for Curry's ratings to be nerfed.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #50
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34
Agreed.

You're making my point, though, with mentioning small sample sizes. A handful of games is also a small sample size--we forget video games follow the rules of sample size, too.

Over 50 attempts from beyond 28 feet, real life Curry is perfectly capable of hitting them at an absurd clip. What would that look like over 400 attempts? Not sure.

Curry being slightly OP, maybe, is way way down the list of issues currently, with things like a broken ACE, horrible defensive AI, etc taking precedent.
By this logic, I should just be able to take the best shooter in the game, percentage-wise, and shoot every shot of the game with him to win. There's a reason the real Curry averaged less than one shot attempt beyond 28 feet per game.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:17 PM   #51
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Because of fatigue. Which is not represented in 2k.

Blame that, instead of calling for Curry's ratings to be nerfed.
It's not even a fatigue issue. 2k allows him to drill a 30 footer off of the opening tip. You would never see that in a real life game. He should only have the ability to hit those shots when he is hot. And even then, it should be limited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
It's not even a fatigue issue. 2k allows him to drill a 30 footer off of the opening tip. You would never see that in a real life game. He should only have the ability to hit those shots when he is hot. And even then, it should be limited.
He doesn't only hit them when he's hot though. That's just nerfing him once again for the sake of balance instead of realism. Now maybe you can lower his contested 30 footer percentage when he's not hot, but if you leave him open from that range you deserve anything that comes to you.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:22 PM   #53
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
The problem with 2ks ratings is that they don't take volume into their equation. So while Steph may shoot a high percentage from 28 feet to halfcourt but it's on a low volume. What happens online is that people turn the low volume shots into real parts of their offense where they're calling for screens at halfcourt and pulling up making a low volume shot into a high volume high accuracy shot.

Overall shooting is too easy and then you add in the ratings these guys have and its a joke.

Truth!!!!! They definitely turn realism into a VIDEOGAME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #54
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Honestly, I thought Curry was fine last year. You could do the crazy stuff he did in real life but it also took some modicum of skill to do it.

Once I mastered his release I could make any short of shot with him. I would come down court and pull up from the center court logo once or twice a game just to **** around with my opponent.

I've only played against the Warriors once this year online so I'm not sure how crazy he is in the hands of a cheeser.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:44 PM   #55
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
He doesn't only hit them when he's hot though. That's just nerfing him once again for the sake of balance instead of realism. Now maybe you can lower his contested 30 footer percentage when he's not hot, but if you leave him open from that range you deserve anything that comes to you.
We cant pick and choose realism based on how we feel about the player. Hes not hitting 5+ of these shots a game. Thats a fact.

Nobodys calling for Curry to be converted into Andre Miller.

He still hits all kind of crazy contested fading shots in this game...cool with me....30 footers on command after dribbling from side to side is a different story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #56
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
I'm just gonna post this

In case people forgot how good Curry is.

This video prob better for the topic but pretty much the same just restricted to deep threes https://youtu.be/VmOq6ZPv86c

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »