Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #129
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Sorry, but if you're letting someone drop 72 points on you with Steph Curry in an online ranked game then you're probably doing something wrong.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #130
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Now that sounds realistic, assuming Curry didn't put up all 80 points.
No way... I would of just double teaming him. And left other players open.

I wonder if I recorded that beat down. I'll post it if I find it.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 2

I am wondering if ACE working properly will alleviate some of the defensive AI online. Let's face it. Some people will not use the proper adjustments to stop Curry.

Have these people who say Curry is unfair tried to put a bigger defender on him? Half court press? Play tight off-ball? Deny?

Some people honestly deserves to get beasted because they don't make proper adjustments.

Some people say that the threes is killing me and they are in shrink the floor smh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #132
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
I am wondering if ACE working properly will alleviate some of the defensive AI online. Let's face it. Some people will not use the proper adjustments to stop Curry.

Have these people who say Curry is unfair tried to put a bigger defender on him? Half court press? Play tight off-ball? Deny?

Some people honestly deserves to get beasted because they don't make proper adjustments.

Some people say that the threes is killing me and they are in shrink the floor smh...

And then... there was a clam breeze through the air. A video fell from the skies.

Props to fatleg on this. I stole it from the PNO thread. No defense will stop that. The CPU doesn't even play tight on someone whole doesn't have the ball yet.

Yes ladies and gentlemen.... On that last 3. Instead of taking the close shot. Curry "zigs" his way backwards... I always said if they give you proper defensive settings I would by ok with this whole Curry thing. But then you let people shoot from this distances over and over again. If Curry had made 2 close 3's and the last one from distances I'd be totally ok with this situation....

edit: Let's not even get into the pausing. This guy totally messed up the recording.

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-27-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #133
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Please show me one game in the entirety of his career where he hit that many threes from that far away. Hell, show me one where he's taken that many threes from that far away.

He averages LESS THAN one shot per game from that distance. Not less than one make, less than one attempt. The entire point of this thread is that he shouldn't be able to hit that shot all game long, because he doesn't do it in real life. Once in a while, yes. 5-10 times per game? Absolutely not.
D up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 09-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #134
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
And then... there was a clam breeze through the air. A video fell from the skies.

Props to fatleg on this. I stole it from the PNO thread. No defense will stop that. The CPU doesn't even play tight on someone whole doesn't have the ball yet.

Yes ladies and gentlemen.... On that last 3. Instead of taking the close shot. Curry "zigs" his way backwards... I always said if they give you proper defensive settings I would by ok with this whole Curry thing. But then you let people shoot from this distances over and over again. If Curry had made 2 close 3's and the last one from distances I'd be totally ok with this situation....

edit: Let's not even get into the pausing. This guy totally messed up the recording.
That was EXACTLY the video that I was thinking of, because he had Lebron on Curry, lol. Curry still blasted him for a couple of 3's.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #135
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
That was EXACTLY the video that I was thinking of, because he had Lebron on Curry, lol. Curry still blasted him for a couple of 3's.
That's why I don't play online. And not just because of the Curry crap.

Watch that again. First play Cavs, 3 seconds into the clock pass for a 3.

Next play Curry for 3. Splash.

Next play Lebron to JR for a 3.

Next play Curry for 3. Splash.

Next play Lebron pass for a KLove 3. Turnover.

In matter of 45 seconds we had 5 three pointers. There's 2 full minutes left when this video started!!! You have 3 timeouts!!! It's a 2 point game!!!

Nope. 3 point shot jack fest. No thank you online players, no thank you.

Nobody, on either team, can tell me this is what would happen in real life "or what would happen sim" LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #136
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Sorry if this sounds harsh but some of you need to wake up. Curry is an all time great 3 point shooter... yeah, thanks for the insight. What the OP wants is what those who are saying "but he is a really great shooter!!!!" want.. for him to be accurately represented in NBA2K. He doesn't jack up near halfcourt threes every trip down in a halfcourt setting. THAT'S NOT HIS GAME. What he does at the end of the shot clock and what he does during his damn pre-game warmups are irrelevant to this whole conversation. If you are trying to say otherwise you don't watch him enough, it's that simple.

Curry combines his shooting accuracy with being one of the greatest individual shot creators of all time. The ability to use his handles/stepback to create space then fuse it with an off the dribble accuracy that surpasses most of the league's SET SHOT is his recipe for being an offensive juggernaut. It's a complete insult to Curry and his work ethic to suggest that he'd be able to lead the entire league in scoring by simply stopping on a dime and shooting halfcourt jumpers. If you do not know how to create shots with Curry by using on ball screens, pindowns, stepbacks, crossovers etc you absolutely should not be having success with him. LeBron is an all time great finisher in the paint but does that means he should be dunking on you from the free throw line whenever he wants? Tony Allen is an all time great pick-pocketer but does that mean he should be able to strip you every possession? I think you know the answers.

------------------

Basically what I'm saying is.. 2K's attempt to try to unnaturally separate him from other shooters has led to too many gamers limiting one of the most creative offensive players of our time to a very one-dimensional and inaccurate portrayal of his real life counterpart. This is a step in the wrong direction for the ultimate goal of getting him to be the best offensive player in the game. That's the point of this thread.

This!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »