Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 11:06 PM   #105
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Doesn't work like that. I just played a guy online with terrible defense. Curry had 32. Then another game I played and he missed some open 3s. The way Curry is right now, it feels like I'm playing with CURRY. Last year he felt like the weakest superstar in the game. IMO most of you still don't get how good he is, most of you still on the Lebron/Kobe wagon.
We get it: you want him to be able to do what he is able to in real life. The problem is that people don't play the game like that. 2k made Curry able to hit deep threes. So everyone just runs up and shoots deep threes, and the game treats them like normal threes. The game seemingly doesn't take volume, fatigue, or momentum (hot/cold) into account. That is not realistic, regardless of how you try to spin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ok just making sure it wasn't a custom game or something...

AI Curry is amazing btw....does some straight up ridiculous things...
It's actually fun playing against AI Warriors this year. You really have to play tight and watch the three point line. The best part is that the way the AI plays, Curry plays like Curry. The AI doesn't abuse the fact that he can hit deep threes; they shoot it sparingly, like in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #106
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Sorry if this sounds harsh but some of you need to wake up. Curry is an all time great 3 point shooter... yeah, thanks for the insight. What the OP wants is what those who are saying "but he is a really great shooter!!!!" want.. for him to be accurately represented in NBA2K. He doesn't jack up near halfcourt threes every trip down in a halfcourt setting. THAT'S NOT HIS GAME. What he does at the end of the shot clock and what he does during his damn pre-game warmups are irrelevant to this whole conversation. If you are trying to say otherwise you don't watch him enough, it's that simple.

Curry combines his shooting accuracy with being one of the greatest individual shot creators of all time. The ability to use his handles/stepback to create space then fuse it with an off the dribble accuracy that surpasses most of the league's SET SHOT is his recipe for being an offensive juggernaut. It's a complete insult to Curry and his work ethic to suggest that he'd be able to lead the entire league in scoring by simply stopping on a dime and shooting halfcourt jumpers. If you do not know how to create shots with Curry by using on ball screens, pindowns, stepbacks, crossovers etc you absolutely should not be having success with him. LeBron is an all time great finisher in the paint but does that means he should be dunking on you from the free throw line whenever he wants? Tony Allen is an all time great pick-pocketer but does that mean he should be able to strip you every possession? I think you know the answers.

------------------

Basically what I'm saying is.. 2K's attempt to try to unnaturally separate him from other shooters has led to too many gamers limiting one of the most creative offensive players of our time to a very one-dimensional and inaccurate portrayal of his real life counterpart. This is a step in the wrong direction for the ultimate goal of getting him to be the best offensive player in the game. That's the point of this thread.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #107
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
We get it: you want him to be able to do what he is able to in real life. The problem is that people don't play the game like that. 2k made Curry able to hit deep threes. So everyone just runs up and shoots deep threes, and the game treats them like normal threes. The game seemingly doesn't take volume, fatigue, or momentum (hot/cold) into account. That is not realistic, regardless of how you try to spin it.

It's actually fun playing against AI Warriors this year. You really have to play tight and watch the three point line. The best part is that the way the AI plays, Curry plays like Curry. The AI doesn't abuse the fact that he can hit deep threes; they shoot it sparingly, like in real life.
Is that really true? Because fatigue and momentum seems to definitely play a part with my shooters (offline, hall of fame default sliders, 12 minute quarters). When I'm fatigue, my players' performance including Curry simply drops despite having good releases, at least if I recall it correctly. When my players have an off shooting night, they continue to stink it up, and I must bring in the bench. Maybe I'm just terrible despite being able to do well on Hall of Fame. I've had a 1/9 shooting performance from Curry despite what looks to be good metered releases. Note, I'm not an isolation player. It's more about screens, pick and rolls, move the rock find the open man, calling plays, etc.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-25-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:49 AM   #108
Rookie

Can We Lower Stephen Curry Just a Teensy Bit?

I understand the dude is the league leading scorer but it feels like he shoots better on 2K than he does on NBA Jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 05:33 AM   #109
Rookie

Re: Can We Lower Stephen Curry Just a Teensy Bit?

Suspicious lack of rebounds.... Let me guess. Someone kept stepping out of bounds and left him completely alone for all his shots.

Curry is fine as he is. I wouldn't even rate him as nr1 shooter by a huge margin. There are just as good shooters on current teams, and plenty that may be even better on historical ones.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 AM   #110
Rookie

Can We Lower Stephen Curry Just a Teensy Bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawe4
Suspicious lack of rebounds.... Let me guess. Someone kept stepping out of bounds and left him completely alone for all his shots.

Curry is fine as he is. I wouldn't even rate him as nr1 shooter by a huge margin. There are just as good shooters on current teams, and plenty that may be even better on historical ones.

Its a random ranked game. The fact that he can bank shots from 50 feet out consistently is just ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2016, 06:02 AM   #111
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Can We Lower Stephen Curry Just a Teensy Bit?

Being discussed here Philly

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=892116

I'll merge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 06:07 AM   #112
Rookie

just Mudiay's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDA6lhsi3mM

me a few days ago on hall of fame myleague online...
SOCCER - Borussia Dortmund

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »