Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #121
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Please show me one game in the entirety of his career where he hit that many threes from that far away. Hell, show me one where he's taken that many threes from that far away.

He averages LESS THAN one shot per game from that distance. Not less than one make, less than one attempt. The entire point of this thread is that he shouldn't be able to hit that shot all game long, because he doesn't do it in real life. Once in a while, yes. 5-10 times per game? Absolutely not.
Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34
It's still a video game.

As in, it's vulnerable to being exploited by very savvy players.

The technology doesn't exist to make the thing that some of you seem to want.
Hahahahahaha

First off, Curry was just fine last year expect for his actually shooting from point line off the dribble. He was more effective at catch and shoot. But completely terrible at off the dribble and was even worst with any of the above when it was contested in 2k16. They fixed that part of his game in 2k17. It's just the long distance shots that are now falling waaaay too much. I've already post the video of all his long distance jumpers (in real life). Maybe one at best two from every game.

Someone just posted a picture of Curry taking 38 threes in a game. He hit 22 of them. I'm ok with this kind of stuff.... But the real question is how many were from deep?

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-27-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #122
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly, he should be nerfed in way where defense MATTERS. Right now, he has so many badges and high 3PT ratings that any defense against him is rendered useless. Literally, you might as well let him shoot as many uncontested shots he wants.

No player is unstoppable to the point where they can do the same thing over and over and over successfully. When defense adjusts, the offensive player adjusts. That's how basketball works. If you make the adjustment to put a Paul George or Leonard on Curry, then his half court, in your face shooting should come to a halt, and thd offense needs a new game plan to give Curry open looks.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #123
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Honestly, he should be nerfed in way where defense MATTERS. Right now, he has so many badges and high 3PT ratings that any defense against him is rendered useless. Literally, you might as well let him shoot as many uncontested shots he wants.

No player is unstoppable to the point where they can do the same thing over and over and over successfully. When defense adjusts, the offensive player adjusts. That's how basketball works. If you make the adjustment to put a Paul George or Leonard on Curry, then his half court, in your face shooting should come to a halt, and thd offense needs a new game plan to give Curry open looks.
I wouldn't go that far with it. If that was the case, it wouldn't feel like Curry anymore. They just need to find a balance and force people to actually play like he plays if they want to hit a high percentage with him. Running up the floor and shooting a 30 footer every possession should be penalized with misses. But if they're taking threes with him in the flow of the offense, contested or not, it's fairly normal for him to shoot ~50%, depending on fatigue levels.

Unless it's the Finals. Then he should be nerfed
Old 09-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #124
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I'll agree with h2h online getting a nerf. Offline, i think and hope should be kept close to the way it is. Besides, the CPU doesn't really jack them up like that, at least in the games Vs the Warriors i've played.

His off the dribble and contested 3s should be whats highest IMO(shich i think it is?), but with the range.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #125
Rookie

I play on the warriors in one of my MyCareer files, and steph is straight up unfair. He makes at least 4 3s every game, last game he went 9/16 from 3. all you have to do is set a screen and he'll let it fly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #126
Pro

If Steph curry is able to score at will for 4 quarters without ever (A) needing to rest (B) needing a screen (C) needing to come off a screen or (D) ever needing to be within 30 feet of the basket, then he's not Steph curry, he's a Warriors fanboy's NBA Jam version of Steph Curry.

I can live with savvy players using him correctly and having success. He should be a dominant player. My issue is casuals that pick up the game today and in 30 minutes are able to score 50 with curry in PNO with no problem because 2K has made it almost impossible to fail with him.

Last edited by Kstat; 09-27-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 PM   #127
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I wouldn't go that far with it. If that was the case, it wouldn't feel like Curry anymore. They just need to find a balance and force people to actually play like he plays if they want to hit a high percentage with him. Running up the floor and shooting a 30 footer every possession should be penalized with misses. But if they're taking threes with him in the flow of the offense, contested or not, it's fairly normal for him to shoot ~50%, depending on fatigue levels.

Unless it's the Finals. Then he should be nerfed
I actually played this really good Warriors user. Not only was Curry buring it up within the flow of the 5 out offense. But Green was getting Assist. I got my *** headed to me. I think he scored 80 points on me (I had maybe 40 lol ). But here is the most important part. He made about 2 3's from deep once Curry got going.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #128
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I actually played this really good Warriors user. Not only was Curry buring it up within the flow of the 5 out offense. But Green was getting Assist. I got my *** headed to me. I think he scored 80 points on me (I had maybe 40 lol ). But here is the most important part. He made about 2 3's from deep once Curry got going.
Now that sounds realistic, assuming Curry didn't put up all 80 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »