Home

Overdevelopment of the Three Point Shot In MyLeague

This is a discussion on Overdevelopment of the Three Point Shot In MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:15 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Overdevelopment of the Three Point Shot In MyLeague

Well I have had a few guys hit high 3pt rating for open shots, but I weighted it heavily in their training regiment at the expense of some other attributes. What I cant get to develop is the contested shot rating (Mid&3pt) Even if I favor it 70-30 or so it only goes up like 2pts in a season and doesn't go up with year to year progression also.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #10
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I just want to confirm this issue with some data.

I have a 2016 MyLeague save file that shows 5 players with open 3pt ratings > 95. Progress that file to 2019 and there are 17 players with open 3pt ratings > 95.

The players include a variety of ages, some generated and some maturing players approaching their primes, so it's a player progression issue, not so much a draft class issue.

Looking at the progression settings for shooting, they made some changes to the slider allocations to do training this year. They added a sub slider to 3pt shooting, called "Open vs Contested". By default, it looks like it's at zero, looking at an offensive archetype SG. For an athletic PG, the default is set to 3.0.

The visuals on this slider are deceiving, because it doesn't work like the other sliders in the player training screen where you are spending a percentage of 100 total points. This slider acts as a modifier to the points you already have allocated to 3 pt shooting. So while 3 pt shooting might be at, say, 5.5 points for a player type default training program for an SG, you can raise the sub slider to 100 and not spend any additional points.

So that means it works more like a tendencies slider for training. I'm assuming the Open vs Contested = 0 means all the training benefits go to open 3pt shooting. If you set the slider to 100, all the training benefit would go to contested. Set it to 50 and it will balance.

This year there is a new feature no one has really talked about where we can share training sliders with each other. So if you disable your ticker screen at the bottom you can see where you can pres triangle/Y for training sliders to assign to individual players.

People have uploaded some slider sets with labels for different types of player archetypes, so you can download and apply those to individual players. But it's not practical to do that for every player in the league, so this does need to be fixed by 2k.

The quickest short term work around for multi-year MyLeague players should be to go to the roster screen, scroll to the screen that shows all players, press start to enter edit mode, and then press triangle/Y to show individual ratings. Then scroll over to the open 3 pt ratings and press A/X to sort then in descending order.

Now you can see all the ratings across the league and adjust them down a little, player by player, using the right stick. When you're done, press start again, save your changes, and do this every year you play in the league. If you want, you can also boost the contests 3 pt ratings for the same players to balance this out a little, since right now all virtually the training development is being set to open instead of contested.

Without doing that, the progression system will break your league just a couple of years past 2016.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Spoiler

Just to add, everything I said above also applies to mid range shots. They are also over developed for open shooting and under developed for contested shooting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #12
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Spoiler

Just to add, everything I said above also applies to mid range shots. They are also over developed for open shooting and under developed for contested shooting.
Good notes on both. Looks like we'll need to do a "culling" at the beginning of every season to keep the numbers down of the league's best 3pt and mid-range shooters.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:27 AM   #13
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

This isn't a new issue though. Deep into Franchise modes last year nearly every cpu team had multiple 3 point shooters rated a 99.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:02 PM   #14
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Interesting. Subscribing to see if this gains any traction. Has anyone tweeted this thread out?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #15
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

In-season training effects - 20
Player Progression Rate - 45
Player Regression Rate - 55

2016 season end(April 1) i have 27 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher (keep in mind this is with my own roster so this count doesn't reflect 2k's)

Beginning of 2017 there are 25 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

End of 2017(April 1) there 36 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher(Not including 2k's rookies)

Beginning of 2018 there are 30 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

As far as 2k rookies go, there are now 6 players with open 3 of 90+ including a rookie with a 99 from 2k's auto gen draft at the beginning of the 3rd year

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In-season training effects - 50
Player Progression Rate - 50
Player Regression Rate - 50

2016 season end(April 1) i have 35 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher (keep in mind this is with my own roster so this count doesn't reflect 2k's)

Beginning of 2017 there are 32 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

End of 2017(April 1) there 50 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher(Not including 2k's rookies)

Beginning of 2018 there are 53 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

This without a doubt, confirms my suspicion that training effects are destroying future years of myleague..as usual

Last edited by turty11; 09-25-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #16
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
In-season training effects - 20
Player Progression Rate - 45
Player Regression Rate - 55

2016 season end(April 1) i have 27 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher (keep in mind this is with my own roster so this count doesn't reflect 2k's)

Beginning of 2017 there are 25 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

End of 2017(April 1) there 36 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher(Not including 2k's rookies)

Beginning of 2018 there are 30 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

As far as 2k rookies go, there are now 6 players with open 3 of 90+ including a rookie with a 99 from 2k's auto gen draft at the beginning of the 3rd year

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In-season training effects - 50
Player Progression Rate - 50
Player Regression Rate - 50

2016 season end(April 1) i have 35 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher (keep in mind this is with my own roster so this count doesn't reflect 2k's)

Beginning of 2017 there are 32 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

End of 2017(April 1) there 50 players with an open 3pt rating of 90 or higher(Not including 2k's rookies)

Beginning of 2018 there are 53 players(Not including 2k's rookies)

This without a doubt, confirms my suspicion that training effects are destroying future years of myleague..as usual
Yes, but don't we have the tools (MyLeague sliders) to adjust/fix this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »