Home

Online play is so bad

This is a discussion on Online play is so bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #41
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online play is so bad

Honestly it's just laughable at times. Of course if I see a guy whose Open 3 Point rating is 58 I'm gonna let him shoot. So there's no way I'm gonna respect Marc Gasol on the perimeter. Smart game planning says, I got KD on him. He's gonna post me up and destroy me. Not in 2k17 Lmao

He literally out-shot Steph. The GOAT shooter was outperformed by a guy who's never attempted more than 2 threes in his life. A career 18% shooter. Even on Rookie, he shouldn't be able to get over 50%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 07:20 PM   #42
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Honestly it's just laughable at times. Of course if I see a guy whose Open 3 Point rating is 58 I'm gonna let him shoot. So there's no way I'm gonna respect Marc Gasol on the perimeter. Smart game planning says, I got KD on him. He's gonna post me up and destroy me. Not in 2k17 Lmao

He literally out-shot Steph. The GOAT shooter was outperformed by a guy who's never attempted more than 2 threes in his life. A career 18% shooter. Even on Rookie, he shouldn't be able to get over 50%.
Was this in My Team Online?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-18-2016, 11:50 PM   #43
Rookie

All just sounds like user error to me.....There's so many other things wrong with the game and folks are mad because they're not making 80+% of their shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 05:44 AM   #44
Rookie

andrewds23's Arena

Quote:

4 3s made but only 9 points in total. Seems legit ...
Old 10-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewds23
4 3s made but only 9 points in total. Seems legit ...
This is in MyTeam Blacktop mode. 3s only count as 2 points while a normal basket counts as 1 there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 07:32 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

My only problem is the shot % is too high. If you can get a guy open it doesn't really matter who he is at that point. You can't knock the shots down. It's almost automatic for good shooters.
I have been able to play really good defense since they updated the adjustments.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:05 PM   #47
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreSwagassi86
All just sounds like user error to me.....There's so many other things wrong with the game and folks are mad because they're not making 80+% of their shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you even read the thread? I literally posted a screenshot where I made 78% of my threes saying that there is no way that should happen. There is no user error. The game is catering to people who play bad basketball. Even myself. Most of the games my complaints come from games I end up winning but I have to stoop to cheesy antics to do so. I'd honestly rather lose a game to a guy who plays good basketball and is rewarded by 2k for doing so than win against a guy where we just exchanged poor shots that 2K allowed to go down at high rates.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:38 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

LMAO, why even bother with the facade of ratings, everyone can hit threes in this game, and why does it seem like 2k wont rate anyone lower than a 50 for their three ball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »