Home

And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

This is a discussion on And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Hey 2k, don't mind getting my dunks blocked by good shot blockers, but guys like Derrick Rose shouldn't be blocking Paul George's dunk. C. Paul shouldn't be blocking K. Lenards dunk. It was a problem last year and yet again this year. It wasn't like this when 2k17 was released, but I guess some dev felt the need to tune block dunks and now u got guys blocking dunks that shouldn't be once again. It's annoying to have a got beaten on a play, and at the last minute he switch to the nearest defender and out of no where he blocks a dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

Re: And yet again, block are RIDICULOUS once more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Hey 2k, don't mind getting my dunks blocked by good shot blockers, but guys like Derrick Rose shouldn't be blocking Paul George's dunk. C. Paul shouldn't be blocking K. Lenards dunk. It was a problem last year and yet again this year. It wasn't like this when 2k17 was released, but I guess some dev felt the need to tune block dunks and now u got guys blocking dunks that shouldn't be once again. It's annoying to have a got beaten on a play, and at the last minute he switch to the nearest defender and out of no where he blocks a dunk.
So you're saying guys who aren't good shot blockers shouldn't be able to possibly make a block at all? Even if their timing was good enough to make the play?
Old 10-19-2016, 07:19 AM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I havent this issue at all.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33

Nah, overly agressive players should not be rewarded when they deffy physics laws such as 2 bodies cant ocuppy the same space ... I would rather they instead revise and tune the odds of the defending team ending with the ball a bit more when such plays happen.

IMHO, unless is a Shaq like missmatch, it should be allowed and reward smaller defenders that position themselves right ... however, I think they shoul suffer some type of fatigue penalty and or increase chance of getting hurt.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Nah, overly agressive players should not be rewarded when they deffy physics laws such as 2 bodies cant ocuppy the same space ... I would rather they instead revise and tune the odds of the defending team ending with the ball a bit more when such plays happen.

IMHO, unless is a Shaq like missmatch, it should be allowed and reward smaller defenders that position themselves right ... however, I think they shoul suffer some type of fatigue penalty and or increase chance of getting hurt.
The worst ones are a 300lb center with 90 dunk and 80something contact dunk getting blocked by a sharpshooters elbow after jumping on a pump fake or from behind. Dunks are too slow so they are unrealistically easy to time. Its a big deal in the nba when someone blocks a dunk.

Last edited by killxmike; 10-19-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #6
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Reposting just for the giggles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik
Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

If they just called fouls when the body parts touched then it would help. But i dont see alot of blocks this year.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 10-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Nothing has changed with shot blocking since launch and blocking isn't anywhere close to overdone this year...

Yes, you'll get the occasional block from a guard, but this game is not shy about calling shooting fouls...like at all if you make a bad block attempt.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »