Home

Ball Changing Directions Mid-Air

This is a discussion on Ball Changing Directions Mid-Air within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #41
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Ball Changing Directions Mid-Air

Eh, I'd have to take the gameplay directors word for it on this one....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #42
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer

There are already many cases that seem awfully like "scripting" or "pre-determined results" in certain scenarios, such as the CPU getting back on D after a shot is released before it goes in because they seem to know it will, or guys getting ready to box out as soon as the shot starts on the other hand because they already seem to know that this one will miss, the glitch where the scoreboard would update itself when the shot hasn't gone in (indicating the game already know it will although this has been patched) I've even heard commentators make remarks about something in the game such as a block or three pointer before it happens.
Those examples you gave have been explained or are glitches.

There are changes in momentum yes, but I have never experienced the sense that the game was robbing me/boosting me.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:09 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Those examples you gave have been explained or are glitches.

There are changes in momentum yes, but I have never experienced the sense that the game was robbing me/boosting me.

Could you quote them for me or link it maybe? The only one I've seen explained was the one about the scoreboard and that was patched out as I said but in asking if the other instances can be explained. If they have been I didn't see it, my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 05:13 PM   #44
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Could you quote them for me or link it maybe? The only one I've seen explained was the one about the scoreboard and that was patched out as I said but in asking if the other instances can be explained. If they have been I didn't see it, my bad.

They are somewhere, I don't know where.

But the gameplay director has confirmed there is no comeback code.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:

With all the respect to you Dirk and to Beluba who I really respect for coming and discussing things with the community, you do understand that even if there was a comeback code or something like it, Beluba and any 2k employee (even a former one) would be legally binded not to disclosure.

Right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #46
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
With all the respect to you Dirk and to Beluba who I really respect for coming and discussing things with the community, you do understand that even if there was a comeback code or something like it, Beluba and any 2k employee (even a former one) would be legally binded not to disclosure.

Right?
That's only true if it's actually a non-disclosure issue. But in that sense, they also cannot talk about it not existing. Typically those cover talking about something period.

That being said, It's honestly the momentum system. The third quarter is usually where everyone notices. The momentum resets after halftime for both squads(you come out the half "fresh"). If, you miss a couple shots, or make some bad plays it'll swing the momentum. So, If you come out the half, Miss a 3 and give up a dunk. The other team is now FIRED UP and start hitting like it.

This is what I notice. I used to believe in the code, but I haven't been stopped during a blow out since 2k14 PS3. If I'm up 20, I'll win by 20 atleast.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
That's only true if it's actually a non-disclosure issue. But in that sense, they also cannot talk about it not existing. Typically those cover talking about something period.

That being said, It's honestly the momentum system. The third quarter is usually where everyone notices. The momentum resets after halftime for both squads(you come out the half "fresh"). If, you miss a couple shots, or make some bad plays it'll swing the momentum. So, If you come out the half, Miss a 3 and give up a dunk. The other team is now FIRED UP and start hitting like it.

This is what I notice. I used to believe in the code, but I haven't been stopped during a blow out since 2k14 PS3. If I'm up 20, I'll win by 20 atleast.
Let me state that I am not certain myself if I belive such a thing as scripting exists or not. I do not want to mess this thread with unable to approve theories so I will leave it alone.

However on the first part, of course such a thing would be a non-disclosure matter, and in that sense a "spokesperson" if asked in public he can't reply "that a non-disclosure matter" as it would trigger a chaos. Why would there be a non-disclosure policy for something that was never there in the first place?
Anyway. This is now a rhetorical discussion we are having
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:

I don't know if this counts as part of the comeback code thing I was just talking about scripted moments in general where it appears pre-determined that certain things will take place or the CPU does things that indicate they know a shot will miss or go in before it even touches the rim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »