Home

2K17: Where Rondo can score 118 pts vs HOF CPU. Paint defense is broken ....

This is a discussion on 2K17: Where Rondo can score 118 pts vs HOF CPU. Paint defense is broken .... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
2K17: Where Rondo can score 118 pts vs HOF CPU. Paint defense is broken ....

In the video below you can see me using IRL NBA cut actions to score 108 paint points on HOF Jazz. I have edited both the NBA action alongside the 2K gameplay action so you can see what's wrong. This is not meant to be a show of strength or skills, it is made with the intention to shine light on a crucial part of 2K CPU defense that's broken: paint protection by the Centre and the team as a whole. Watch the vid below first and I will continue to make my points:

I have talked to many sim heads on this and this isn't about you not DOING the cuts. First of all the cuts are real NBA actions done by Spurs and Warriors, the issue is that 2K can't defend them properly at all. We all need to have the devs talk to us about that and let us know will this be improved on for 2K18.

This is a forever legacy issue (terrible AI center paint protect) that 2K has been patching in all the wrong ways. Having super glue on ball D is not a solution for this. The offensive side of 2K has advance to a point where a user can legit replicate IRL NBA cut actions; however, this is kinda pointless if the defense is still stuck in the stone age. You saw 2K's AI paint defense in the vid, it is non sense and broken. I can say broken because you saw clips where the C (job is to protect paint) just stood there while Rondo goes for his 100th paint point.....

This issue of no paint protect happens every second on the court for the defense. Every single second in game a user or both users are dealing with this issue. This is significant and needs to be addressed.

Feel free to discuss your experience with this. Remember what i did here was extreme but is designed to show that this problem is happening every second on the court. Even if you don't take advantage of it, it is hurting you in hundreds of ways throughout the course of every game online AND offline.

Plus unlike my previous vids which focus on the PnR issue, this off ball cut issue shows an entire aspect of the game being wrecked. When a user can score 118 point with Rondo only going to the paint via legit NBA cuts, the devs need to talk to us about what's going on.

Sam Pham

*I decided to start a new thread on this issue because the other one was slowly getting derailed plus this one is on a whole new level ...... Paint protection = non existent, thats game breaking.....

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 12-13-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
Rookie

BoxyCougar's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2K17: Where Rondo can score 118 pts vs HOF CPU. Paint defense is broken ....

I really hope 2K addresses this. I've had dominating games making players cut and I've also struggled to defend the inside pass to the cutter numerous times because the center (or whoever is closest to the paint) responds to my command to defend the paint very slowly.

Great video Sam
Old 12-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: 2K17: Where Rondo can score 118 pts vs HOF CPU. Paint defense is broken ....

Thats physics at its finest.

Im more surprised about the 8-8 freethrow at the half.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Much better example than the last one Sam.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are controlling Rondo during these cuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Paint defense has been non existent in 2k games for as long as I can remember.

I have hammered this issue home for YEARS, along with many other OSers and it never changes. It's why the AI scores more than half their points in the paint with no resistance.

It's worse now, after patch 7 it seems like the AI only attacks the paint and nothing else. I've noticed PGs going back to their old habits of using dribble move after dribble move to barrel into the paint with no resistance.

If that doesn't work, they'll zip an unguardable pass to the paint for yet again, an uncontested layup. Defense NEEDS to be the main focus for 2k18. Forget giving the offense more of an advantage, forget equipping all these HOF offensive badges to the point where the devs give the AI completely ridiculous boosts on defense to try and make it seem like they're competent.

Paint defense sucks, it has for a LONG time. This is really nothing new.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #6
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Much better example than the last one Sam.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are controlling Rondo during these cuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Coach ! Hmmmm I would say i controlled Rondo in 80% of all made baskets via cuts. Some of them i got off my new space cutting technique where i actually control post player with the ball.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Paint defense has been non existent in 2k games for as long as I can remember.

I have hammered this issue home for YEARS, along with many other OSers and it never changes. It's why the AI scores more than half their points in the paint with no resistance.

It's worse now, after patch 7 it seems like the AI only attacks the paint and nothing else. I've noticed PGs going back to their old habits of using dribble move after dribble move to barrel into the paint with no resistance.

If that doesn't work, they'll zip an unguardable pass to the paint for yet again, an uncontested layup. Defense NEEDS to be the main focus for 2k18. Forget giving the offense more of an advantage, forget equipping all these HOF offensive badges to the point where the devs give the AI completely ridiculous boosts on defense to try and make it seem like they're competent.

Paint defense sucks, it has for a LONG time. This is really nothing new.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I am with you and I don't want them to get away with it every year anymore. I have done over 4 of these detailed stress test videos and 2K won't communicate with me at any level : (

People are very tired of the game this year because 2K have added so much new stuff to the offense while continuing to ignore the most basic of defensive issues. I am not saying this is easy to fix, but the paint defense has been like this for the entire PS4 2k generation. I have been getting these cuts to work at the same rate since 2K14. And this year for some reason (most likely better freelance offences and plays) I can actually get these cuts in the paint even more efficiently.... This paint defense issue has actually overtime gotten worse.....
Old 12-12-2016, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

DAMN SAM!!!... On this one they can't hit you with the "spam". Just pathetic and they keep talking about this place has turn "toxic" nah don't blame the people, the people are rational the game on the other hand. It has moments that make you say that was cool, but they are few and far between.

I have put this game after 7 patches. Picked up No Man's Sky after their foundation patch and the game is awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »