Home

if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you.

This is a discussion on if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you.

2k is ensuring that they lose many 1000s of customers.

Their game is completely broken and was released unfinished.

Many claims and promises were made before release day and many are still not in the game after 2 months and 7 patches.

They raised the price of VC and lowered its effectiveness. Started charging for everything. Shot=VC, 13 different dribble moves = VC, Dunks = VC, Shoes = VC, Arm band = VC, VC, VC, VC, VC,......

Same parks, cloths, hair, facial hair, arm bands, sleeves, gear, etc, etc...

Park After Dark and the VC we all wasted on the gear.
Just to go stand in the dark, listen to a recorded "Live" Snoop play music and comment on games that were not even being played.
For the hours that we spent in there trying to get a game to start.

Now resetting players, which I have no problem with, and stealing their VC, which I do have a problem with.

To having us beta test the unfinished and broken game that they had us pay for and pre-order, some the $100 version.
While they told us about what will be in the game, how the game has changed, and what new and exciting things to expect.
Most of which were not in the game at launch or in some cases still not in the game.

The game is just bad.
Admittedly, it has gotten somewhat better, but there are still an amazing amount of game breaking issues.
This forum proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

After all of those problems many people will stop purchasing their game, some life long customers.

If another game comes out and even resembles basketball, if it is fun to play, they will lose thousands more.

I know that I will not be pre-ordering the game next year.
I also, will not be buying it before checking these forums for at least 3 months and then renting it.

I've purchased every single NBA 2k on release day or before.
That has now, sadly come to an end!

Last edited by awg811; 12-18-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #10
MVP

ph33's Arena

I'm right there with you. I didn't get anything taken from me, but I'm done playing a beta that lasts three months every release. On top of that the grind is completely terrible. Just no desire to spend extra money and then have to spend hours going for badges and more attribute upgrades so my player can be on par online. And to see how VC has been devalued over time is gross and in so many other places. Remember when the mobile app used to let you pull 500 vc cards, now the highest is 250 and every other day they give you useless 50 VC cards that are worth something only if you play the mobile game. You already brought up having to buy DRIBBLE ANIMATIONS. Also, if you buy Pro AM celebrations for one player, you're forced to do it again if you enter PA with another player. I believe this bleeds into park animations and clothing as well. Oh did I mention to buy a team dance costs 2000 VC...seriously?

Basketball is my favorite sport far and away, always wondered how I could go without 2k but games like FIFA and NHL have FAR better functioning modes and don't corner us to put in more money on top of buying the game.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #11
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
Point to specifically what you mention is listed:

Dont get me wrong I agree the glitch is gaining an unfair advantaged, and is not intentionally, but in this case using a glitch, and exploiting the software is not the same thing.Because their Terms make clear what they consider exploiting despite what we could interpret it could be.

If you recall (or know) Some people got attributes just from grinding pratices without dashboarding, but never applying them, so that wouldnt even fall under glitch or exploiting. In their definition or what we would consider it
You could completely define it as an exploit (The grinding without applying points). You're still exploiting a glitch in the system to get an unfair advantage.

I WILL say that the difference here is that I do understand a lot of these guys are collateral damage because they unknowingly did this. There's no meter that says X of 125/135, and it's very easy to not pay attention just grinding for attributes. They did nothing wrong intentionally. 2K more than likely just an algorithm to flag suspicious criteria, one of which was obviously attribute points gained vs. Park level.

To the guys talking about robbing VC from people. That's crazy talk. I'm not trying to defend 2K, but common sense should tell you that if you use glitches, or try to circumvent systems this can happen. Why would they refund people who were cheating because they got caught cheating?

...thats like asking the cops to refund your money at a drug bust because you got busted buying, but never received the product. You were doing something wrong in the first place...

The only ones I think have a gripe are the small few who just stacked attributes without passing 94, and suddenly had a 98 because they thought the game would just stop. And I'd bet that group isn't huge to begin with.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
You could completely define it as an exploit (The grinding without applying points). You're still exploiting a glitch in the system to get an unfair advantage.

I WILL say that the difference here is that I do understand a lot of these guys are collateral damage because they unknowingly did this. There's no meter that says X of 125/135, and it's very easy to not pay attention just grinding for attributes. They did nothing wrong intentionally. 2K more than likely just an algorithm to flag suspicious criteria, one of which was obviously attribute points gained vs. Park level.

To the guys talking about robbing VC from people. That's crazy talk. I'm not trying to defend 2K, but common sense should tell you that if you use glitches, or try to circumvent systems this can happen. Why would they refund people who were cheating because they got caught cheating?

...thats like asking the cops to refund your money at a drug bust because you got busted buying, but never received the product. You were doing something wrong in the first place...

The only ones I think have a gripe are the small few who just stacked attributes without passing 94, and suddenly had a 98 because they thought the game would just stop. And I'd bet that group isn't huge to begin with.
I will agree the term "exploit" could be define in multiple ways. I just wish 2K would point to specifically how they are defining this in game glitch. I open a ticket asking so lets see if they answer. I would also agree that there can be an argument with the VC of those that knowingly glitch. Though I would side with the consumer side

However as a business 2K has a duty to not sweep everyone with a broad brush. Even it is only one person who legitimately spent money on VC to apply attributes they didnt glitch (but the game may have on its own), they have a duty to cure them

If not, nevermind the money-grubbing VC ways, if they take away something someone spent real money on, and blame it on a violation of TOS that they just broadly applied, when in fact it wasnt. If they are in fact doing this they are a legit scum-bag company (I dont care if its 1 or 10000 that only fall in that category)

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 12-18-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #13
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
It can be an argument with the VC for sure Im with you there.

However as a business 2K has a duty to not sweep everyone with a broad brush. Even it is only one person who legitimately spent money on VC to apply attributes they didnt glitch (but the game may have own its own), they have a duty to cure them
I definitely agree with some of this. That's why I said they were the few people that have a legit gripe. I think the problem is that it might not be possible to distinguish from the others. And, regardless of knowledge an exploit is an exploit. It sucks, but I don't get to run a red light and not get a ticket because I legitimately didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that.

I'm pretty sure that there's no fighting this. And I doubt 2K would do something, knowing real money is soent, without covering themselves legally first.

.....but I definitely feel for the guys who did it without realizing. I almost did myself. I was at 94, and I even joked to myself: "Wonder if It would let me stockpile these past 125 if I don't add them". I'm glad I was impatient. But I still would maintain the same feelings.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

I've read somewhere in the forum that some people are being reset on account of exceeding 95. This is not news. The new max is 95 why would you spend thousands of hours just to add 3?
Old 12-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #15
Rookie

DatGuy12x2's Arena

if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you.

Quote:
I definitely agree with some of this. That's why I said they were the few people that have a legit gripe. I think the problem is that it might not be possible to distinguish from the others. And, regardless of knowledge an exploit is an exploit. It sucks, but I don't get to run a red light and not get a ticket because I legitimately didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that.

I'm pretty sure that there's no fighting this. And I doubt 2K would do something, knowing real money is soent, without covering themselves legally first.

.....but I definitely feel for the guys who did it without realizing. I almost did myself. I was at 94, and I even joked to myself: "Wonder if It would let me stockpile these past 125 if I don't add them". I'm glad I was impatient. But I still would maintain the same feelings.

I did it unknowingly. I was still at a 95 though after applying the upgrades, that's why I've been so confused today. I'm ok with across the board taking away of the attributes to maintain the balance online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DatGuy12x2; 12-18-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

Well you cant compare running a red light or breaking the law to this. One is clearly against the law while the other is a function of the game.

You cant argue that you "didnt know" about the red light, because getting your license involves you passing a written and road test.

In 2K going to practices is a function on the game. Also 2K devs specifically said you can get to 99 by doing pratices, and doing work. Nothing about being tied to MyPark rank until AFTER the "glitch" came out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Answers in bold...

3) I see you said we can get to a 99. Does that mean we can potentially exceed some of the caps in the archetype we pick? If so this is huge because I feel the archetypes looked to restrictive but I feel you should be able to exceed them if you really put in the work. It shouldn't be easy of course. And your development should depend on all things you do in practice and in game like how consistent are your shot releases, drills, etc. Based on what you said Mike it sounds like this is in the game.
Yes, you can exceed. This is the concept of "Doin' Work."
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048389588

Quote:
Live Practice and Doin’ Work
Obviously your play on the court is the core of MyCAREER mode. Always has been, and always will be. And a big part of that is putting in work in your down time to make yourself a better player. With that in mind, we decided to expand our Live Practice system from last year to include what we call the Doin’ Work meter. Filling up the Doin’ Work meter will earn you progress towards additional upgrade slots, which will allow you to fully maximize your MyPLAYER’s abilities. If you want to be a 99 overall, and truly one of the best of the best, you’re gonna have to put in the time and earn your way there.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2...3795803517267/

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 12-18-2016 at 08:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »