Home

PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

This is a discussion on PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

My mind is actually boggled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Honestly couldn't care less if I got banned because I'll just do something else, big deal.
Which totally explains the whining you did in your first post, right? Crying about being banned but the joke is on them because you could not care less. You are sure showing them how much you don't care.

Quote:
Again all you can do is project you're own whatever onto what you think I'm saying. The fact that you think the USUAL GAMING BANTER that goes on in THOUSANDS of interactions between gamers constitutes as "ban-worthy", shows how ridiculous your logic is.
The fact that you think that because something is fairly common it should be deemed acceptable shows how ridiculous your line of reasoning is. You are literally saying, "Well... everyone else does it!" like a toddler being scolded.

Quote:
I'm not saying cuss people out for 10min, I'm saying if "pass the ball rook" is "abuse", then just stay offline 'cause your precious ego is going to be hurt every other message.
Let's cut right through the bull ****. You aren't doing this. I've spent enough time on the internet and playing games competitively to know that you, nor anyone in the "THOUSANDS of interactions between gamers", is simply saying, "Pass the ball rook" and getting banned for it. Let's put on our big boy drawers and be real here.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #18
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
No, you are not clear. I'm saying, within the context of communicating with random teammates during the game, there's going to be banter (even negative banter.... gasp!!!) that should be acceptable without being banned. Do ya'll even play online or just offline.
The words you listed are pretty harmless, and I agree they shouldn't be bannable offenses. But I don't agree with you trying to justify calling someone names just because you think it's ok and they should take it. There's ways to communicate with people without attaching something negative to it. Why do you think that is helpful? And if someone sent the same thing to you, are you more focused on what they called you or the suggestion they sent?

It's not people being too sensitive and it's not living in Disney Land world. It's just called common courtesy. We've all played with teammates we want to cuss out because they're so bad. But let's not act surprised when they're pissed because you sent a message attacking them.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #19
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

This user started this exact same thread months ago and the necessary response hasn't changed.

1. Go and bother XBL forums, not a 2K issue.

2. Stop being an internet nuisance, or XBL will ban you.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:34 AM   #20
Rookie

welcome to the left wing propaganda safe space.where your kids will grow up to be castrated men.this will be reality everywhere pretty soon on all platforms
Old 02-24-2017, 06:00 AM   #21
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh dear. See what happens when you post stupid threads? You attract Trumpians. They are attracted to stupid; like flies to manure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #22
Pro

Lol not one for the whole special snowflake thing but I do agree this system is pretty bad. Y'all really underestimate how easy to abuse the Xbox system is, you can literally be banned for saying "Hi" if a guy gets hurt enough to have some of his buddies go report you too. There is ZERO case review the ban and length is totally based on previous offenses and how many times you have been reported in a certain time. Hell I've seen guys get banned without ever speaking to Randys. The most common report on Xbox is Comm abuse, doesn't matter is you really did it or not most kiddies like to slap guys who make them mad in game whether it is not passing in 2K or killing them in COD with a quick report for some reason. And this adds up and can get you banned without ever sending a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #23
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Unicorn. People get banned for anything these days. I never had a problem on PSN either, only Xbox.
I call BS. I'm thinking you're not telling the whole truth about what you actually say then get banned for.

I've been in a gaming community for the last 8 years with hundreds of members and many "Sidney Deane" level trash talkers across multiple games. Not a single person banned ever.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:50 PM   #24
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
This user started this exact same thread months ago and the necessary response hasn't changed.

1. Go and bother XBL forums, not a 2K issue.

2. Stop being an internet nuisance, or XBL will ban you.
Just stay out of this thread man. We all already know how you feel with your projections and inability to comprehend what the 'argument' is and basic logic. No one forced you to click on this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »