Home

2k18 Needs to Address Teammate Grades

This is a discussion on 2k18 Needs to Address Teammate Grades within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k18 Needs to Address Teammate Grades

I'm sick of these screens double screen triple screen quadruple screen on top of the key. At the same spot each possession. I can't drive to the paint, fix and pass like I'm supposed to do cuz my teamates feel the urge to set stupid screens at the wrong spot .
They Never cut to the basket, no spacing no offball screens just standing there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Also to add to the complaints...

Team-Mate grade HAS to factor in skill set.

Played with a dude today who had a 3 next to his name.. and TOOK ZERO shots all game.

He stood on the same spot, passed the ball after moving a little bit, set screens and played decent D.

He literally shrank the floor because he stayed on one side, and was a HUGE minus on offence. I could only run off his screens on one side of the court.. it was ridiculous.

If you are a sharp-shooter, and you're not shooting.. don't be in the damn game.

Reward smart shots, but also punish stupid shots or no shots.
Yea, punishing no shots should never be a thing.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwordbelike
I'm sick of these screens double screen triple screen quadruple screen on top of the key. At the same spot each possession. I can't drive to the paint, fix and pass like I'm supposed to do cuz my teamates feel the urge to set stupid screens at the wrong spot .
They Never cut to the basket, no spacing no offball screens just standing there
This is the worst. Wide open lane and they set screens.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #28
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciasme
Yea, punishing no shots should never be a thing.
i was saying that it should, especially considering your build.

if your whole skill set is to shoot the ball, and you don't shoot a single one, you aren't helping your team.

this is being judged within the specific confines of how the current archetype system works.

but even if we had my way on how we could build our players, then if your whole game is moving the ball, setting screens, rebounding and defending, you won't be punished for not shooting.

i should add - he had an A- or something with a handful of turnovers, a couple of boards and maybe 1 assist.

if an NBA player had 24 minutes with 0 points on 0 zero shots with 2 boards and an assist - he'd be considered to have had a bad game. if he didn't move from one spot at the top of the key on offence, he'd be ridiculed and lambasted for being lazy.

TL;DR - PLEASE 2k DEVS.

Make the Team Mate Grade something that rewards good basketball, and punishes bad basketball accordingly, not rewarding greedy, or bone idle play.

Last edited by infemous; 04-03-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #29
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Unless he was constantly passing up open shots, that actually isn't so terrible. He doesn't sound like a great player, but I actually wish most of the walk on crowd in general would just chill out a little bit. Everyone's trying to set screens or take the shot and when there's so much overlapping it creates a cluster of crap and then usually that upsets 1 or 2 players which starts a chain reaction of trash basketball.

But as many have mentioned, turnover+score can very often kill off the wrong people because it's weighed so heavily. A lot of my turnover+scores are given up because my teammate passed me the ball in an awful spot where I lost it instantly, but he gets to stay with his D grade all game because instead of turning it over he just went 2/17 instead while being a matador on defense.
dude passed up like 6 wide open shots before i stopped passing him the ball after breaking down the D.

I would drive, create space, pull his man off, and give him the ball and he'd just throw it right back at me. or take two steps, dribble and pass it off.

i actually got on the mic and started asking him to shoot or move and he still didn't do anything but stand in the same spot, and the D left him alone, making life harder on me and the other guy who were actually trying to get back in the game.

normally i love people spacing the floor and moving the ball, but it was as if he was literally too scared to impact his team mate grade, and was just accumulating points on it with screens and pass to team mate grades.

EDIT: Also we lost by something like 10/15 points. Considering we had 2 CPU guys on our team, we needed maximum scoring from the human players. As a playmaker, I don't score the most points, but chipped in with a few, and the other guy was also a playmaker, and did his part..
If this guy even hit just half of his shots, we would have had more of a chance, and I'm judging by the quality of our opponent (Park Squad in walk on) we would have probably won.

but to address your final point, this whole thread is to draw attention for the devs that team mate grade does not work how it is supposed to, and i would strongly recommend that they address it so as to make pro am and park more enjoyable, while also promoting quality, sim basketball and making the game fun for all different types of archetypes.

i hope Beluba has seen it! or whoever is responsible for this aspect.

Last edited by infemous; 04-03-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
i was saying that it should, especially considering your build.

if your whole skill set is to shoot the ball, and you don't shoot a single one, you aren't helping your team.

this is being judged within the specific confines of how the current archetype system works.

but even if we had my way on how we could build our players, then if your whole game is moving the ball, setting screens, rebounding and defending, you won't be punished for not shooting.

i should add - he had an A- or something with a handful of turnovers, a couple of boards and maybe 1 assist.

if an NBA player had 24 minutes with 0 points on 0 zero shots with 2 boards and an assist - he'd be considered to have had a bad game. if he didn't move from one spot at the top of the key on offence, he'd be ridiculed and lambasted for being lazy.

TL;DR - PLEASE 2k DEVS.

Make the Team Mate Grade something that rewards good basketball, and punishes bad basketball accordingly, not rewarding greedy, or bone idle play.

The last thing we need is to FORCE guys to take more shots. But it's not really something that should hurt a guys grade. I have games where I'll have 15+ attempts and some games I won't have 3. I want to win and if that means not shooting them I don't shoot. There are more ways than one to be helpful to your team. And before you say I'm trash or something I average 18PPG a game in walkon at ~70% shooting and 27 in team on 67%. Some games you are just off and if I can feel it in the first shot or two I'm not going to force myself to shoot and hurt my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 12:18 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

i hate when the arrow changes OUT OF THE BLUE to someone different almost simultaneously as the shot goes up for me to get a defensive breakdown...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #32
Banned

Housh123's Arena

This teammate grade system has to more accurately measure good play. Good play in basketball is part knowing where to be and when to be there. The other part is having the ability to make the shot when you are in the correct spot. The final part is playing sound D.

The new teammate grade system needs to make certain things affect your teammate grade more and some things less. Let's say I'm posted up and I get passed the ball and lose it because some loser decided to run right to me and crowd the paint. Neither me or the guy who passed me the ball should get a big teammate grade deduction. The guy that was poorly spacing the court should be punished severely.

Or how about the guys who set screens at the top like 3 or 4 at a time? That should be an automatic reduction to a D just because of the cheese it's caused with sharpshooters. Also I don't think no team in the NBA has a play where 4 guys setba screen. If the Warriors don't do it with Curry then it doesn't exist.

Doing stuff like properly spacing the court should give second by second increases to teammate grade. Or let's say me as a post scorer. When I see a slasher driving a get out the paint to give them an open lane. That should be recorded and stuff like that should boost you up lettergrades fairly quickly. Or if I switch on a pick and roll perfectly it should be a hefty raise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »