Home

What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

This is a discussion on What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I feel like that is how it was designed.

I have a slow Glass Cleaner, but when he jumps for a Rebound he's lightning fast. It kinda makes sense because how else would he get a rebound if he's so slow?
I agree this is by design, and may have even more to with badges like Chase Down Artist.

I only play MyLeague and it is frustrating seeing an unathletic player make an athletic play like a chase down block. I had that happen with Henry Ellenson. He's a slightly above average blocker, but he's no one's Lebron or Dwayne Wade (in his prime).

The AI seems to try and do as instructed: This guy is slow, but my calculations say a block should occur; let me orchestrate a block animation no matter what.

I can't be mad at the AI because it is a robot; if it is given faulty data it will spew suspect results (animations).

Recently, before every MyLeague game I disable all badges on both teams and 2K performs much more like the games from years ago; things are much more balanced, fun, and fundamentally basketball-like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2017, 07:09 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What animations do you feel need to be added and removed to and from the game?

I agree with removing all of the things previously mentioned in this thread. One move I want to see added is Russell Westbrook's high dribble stutter-step hesitation move that he does in transition. He basically takes a super high dribble in front of him then stutters his feet while he runs back under the ball. It should also be made so that you can shoot after or come to a stop and explode out of the next dribble
Old 04-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #43
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

If your like me you HATE the animation contest where the guy slips and tries to recover for the contest because when it happens out of a context it looks rough. But THAT stutter to contest is needed but it shouldn't be all one animation.

Add - A BETTER controlled recovery animation based on lateral quickness/momentum/speed.

We need more controlled stutters when you move, stop or change direction. The defense feeling like its glued to their man every time is because there isn't a more defined transition animation to show a change of direction stutter. The one that is currently in the game doesn't feel like there is any real weight to it when playing defense, especially the CPU.

This small change can add a whole lot to the game. No more guys beating their man laterally only to take a jumpshot while the defender transitions from side stepping to contesting instantly. Now there will be a side step, to a stutter recovery, and then contest. Much more organic.

There should be a long stutter and short stutter.

Long stutter - moving laterally with low reaction time and lateral quickness, I would think mainly slow bigs, or if you held speed burst reaching a high speed and stopping/change of direction.

Short stutter - moving laterally with high reaction time and lateral quickness.

Here is what I mean of a short stutter to contest. Demar on Taj.

https://youtu.be/hvBd8E9t0e8?t=132
Old 04-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #44
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The most glaring to me of all animations is the tap-square hop step animation that should be a travel if people try dribbling again after doing it.

Either make it so you have to pass it off once you've gathered, or make it transition into a jump shot the way it's used in real life.

Every cheesy moron spams that move over and over on the perimeter trying to get you caught off balance when lagged, and it creates a ton of separation when it isn't even a legal move.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-14-2017, 11:50 PM   #45
Rookie

they should an animation where the defender gets put on the backside or hip area of the ball handler. It's something Nash, Harden, Lin, and some other players do when driving to the lane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #46
Pro

Athletic, 82" Inch vert Oop interceptions from unathletic players.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:49 PM   #47
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Add: Animations that are based on real, natural physics of the human body; ones that do not defy logic.

Remove: The animations that handicaps the user, e.g. ALL OF THEM.

One user said not to remove all of the animations, okay, I agree but don't make them so damn slow. It's deliberate and by design.

Last edited by Hellquist; 04-17-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 AM   #48
Rookie

They gotta bring the back the "pump fake, shoot and draw foul" animation from last year. Enough of these idiots spamming y and getting rewarded with ridiculous strips and blocks as they come down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »