Home

We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

This is a discussion on We're the older 2K games more fun to you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #25
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: We're the older 2K games more fun to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Spoiler

I've been trying to get back into 2K17 after the draft and I can't finish a single game on default Pro. It's so frustrating. Offenses take forever to setup and execute, I'm often forcing up shots after the first option, which takes 20 seconds to set up, isn't open. I'm probably better off spreading the floor and doing manual PnR all game.
Spoiler
I often call plays just to get my offensive players to start moving, but I often would go against that play and simply run something different. I may call for a screen but not actually use the screen, instead I would pass it to the guy coming to set a screen and then have him now pass the ball to someone else. I may call an isolation for the ball handler but then pass the ball to the shooter. I may tell my guy to cut to the basket just to act as a decoy, then do a pick and roll with some else, or simply drive to the basket myself, or take the midrange shot, or pass it to the three point shooter.

Call a play but not run the actual play.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #26
Banned

Harrypotheadd's Arena

OVR: 0

No 2k had more replay value than 2k11. Period!!! I literally skipped out on 2k12 & 2k13 because the game was sooooo good
Old 06-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #27
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrypotheadd
No 2k had more replay value than 2k11. Period!!! I literally skipped out on 2k12 & 2k13 because the game was sooooo good

Yeah. It was loaded. And had great modes. Aldo don't remember any major gameplay bugs either .
Old 06-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #28
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong or can't grasp but I never feel like I'm in control of my players in 2K16 and 2K17. Offense, defense, doesn't matter. I'm genuinely surprised when my players do what I intend to have them do. I guess it's the weight/momentum, I just can't get comfortable with it.

I've been trying to get back into 2K17 after the draft and I can't finish a single game on default Pro. It's so frustrating. Offenses take forever to setup and execute, I'm often forcing up shots after the first option, which takes 20 seconds to set up, isn't open. I'm probably better off spreading the floor and doing manual PnR all game.

I popped in College Hoops 2K8 last week, which is objectively a brutal game at this point, and played three games in one night. The game is still immensely fun to play even though it's far more arcade than recent NBA2K games.
It's the controller delay, a lot of games seem to have this issue this console generation and it drives me insane. Pass the ball to an open teammate and it gets to him 3 seconds later when the defender has already recovered. The players move faster than the ball smh

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »