Home

Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage

This is a discussion on Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #57
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Another NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (FAxCardiae) Shaky-Cam Footage

Still disappointed to see the same scorebug. Makes me worried that they didn't do much else to presentation.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #58
Rookie

1:40 Live ball physics... Ball still goes thrue defenders chest - this will not be fixed until Dirk ends his career...

On 2:40 when Laker jumps for rebound he hits another player and no physic collision happens.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

As an off-line (vs CPU) player, and taking into consideration this is two players picking up a controller and playing around. I was very encouraged by this video.

1. Dribbling looked fluid and responsive. No hitches, noticed very little warping, and players looked explosive.

2. I did not see ANY stonewall defensive animations (Hopefully they completely removed this- If someone dribbles directly into a defender, just make the ball-handler lose control of the ball).

It appears they have added more "riding the hip" animations, and it looks dynamic, meaning you can still move and operate through the contact.

3. Ball physics looked great. Players who over-dribbled, and dribbled directly into a defender lost possession of the ball in a realistic manner. (I REALLY HOPE THE DEVELOPERS LEAVE THIS IN FOR US OFF-LINE GUYS)

4. Last, albeit a small sample size, the AI defenders look to be significantly improved. I did not pay attention to the user controlled defender.. But the AI seemed to make solid rotations, they were more active, they did not seem to leave shooters wide open on the perimeter, and the interior defenders played GOOD POSITION on their assignment.

I'm excited to see official gameplay against the CPU, and for the AI blogs.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:06 AM   #60
Rookie

not so sure about the ai defnese @ 1:26. looking a lot like the spastic defenders clueless in the interior leading to wide open paints/easy layups.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #61
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
liking what i'm seeing!

question. stat overlays that show the picture of a player. what happens if he gets traded during the season? same photo shown? would be nice to see them with their team uni on. i know it's a photo. just saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 10:08 AM   #62
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

This part right here is what REALLY worries me.

Harden passes out of a shot in mid-air to throw a pass into the paint and the ball goes right through the CPU Gasol's hands who makes a lazy steal attempt. Not only that but Gasol just completely ignores Capela and lets him go to the basket.

Inexcusable if the paint defense is this soft again.

And what is CPU Kawhi doing anyway? Why is the best perimteter defenders in the NBA just letting Harden turbo down the court like that?

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 08-28-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:09 AM   #63
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
- Same lack of collision detection that has been in the series forever. In real life, if someone runs into you on the same side as the ball while you're dribbling the ball, something needs to happen. A collision, a foul, the ball being knocked out. Something.

- The way Parker squares up for a jump shot is so unnatural. He runs right near the free throw line left elbow and then shoots like he was coming from down the middle. In 2K12 each player had at least three set shots based on your previous momentum. I have no idea why that was taken out.

- Dribbling looks much better as shown by Harden's handles (although I haven't played much of 17 so don't know how much of an improvement that is)

- Can't really say much about help defense. There were no picks called or anything. Help D for most part seemed OK, although I didn't like @1:30 when CPU Gasol left Capela wide open under the basket to help out on Harden when (1) CPU Leonard was defending him and (2) Harden hadn't beaten him yet.
The first possession shows what happens when you bump a defender with the ball-hand. It was a turnover without Green having to swipe at the ball.

The Parker animation did look funky, but if you look closely, the player controlling him comes to a full stop, almost to purposely avoid a momentum jumper.

As far as Pau, that's not a good look, but I wonder is that one of the built in poor defender plays that were mentioned in someone's early play breakdown. Pau has never been a defensive genius and has been even worse at his advanced age.

I wanted to see if Harden had any of these plays on D, but he never got more than one pass away and there were never any cuts or plays ran. Really hard to get a feel for the game with these videos. They guys playing aren't into displaying real basketball so I chalk up most of the negatives to poor players and just look for the positives.

I can't wait to get this prelude next week.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #64
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

A user who was at the event said in a nother thread he was told this is a pretty early build.

http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...p?p=2048972935

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 08-28-2017 at 10:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »