Home

NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:25 PM   #97
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K18 Run The Neighborhood Trailer and Details

I expect the 'nobody cares about this' stuff from kids on Twitter, but not this forum...

Sent from my SM-G530P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #98
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I play offline MyLeague and MyCareer. I don't know if I'll delve into MyCareer this year. I just like a simple career NBA career mode. I don't want to play on the streets or roam to go get a haircut. I always just keep my hair short and simple. My favorite Career mode in sports games right now is The Show. My decisions feel important, I start out at the bottom and work to the top. I'm not give anything too much, I can choose to shape exactly what kind of player I want attributes wise, etc. I really wish 2k would be more akin to what The Show is like. It used to be that way circa 2k11/2k12. All the stuff they announced today does nothing for me personally. I'm also confused. Do I have to play MyPark? Do I have to play street games? Do I have to roam around and communicate with others? I have no desire to do any of that. I just want to play an NBA career mode.

I understand there is a fanbase for this and I think 2k knocked everything else out of the park this year but this concerns me that I'm not gonna be able to enjoy MyCareer this year at all.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:43 PM   #99
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

OVR: 0

I also want to enjoy My Career and it look like we will not have any NBA Career interactions and given the menu I saw there is no possibility to see the GM and talk with him about the team.... This was possible in 2k14 lol

Not really happy with that
Old 08-31-2017, 10:44 PM   #100
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I play offline MyLeague and MyCareer. I don't know if I'll delve into MyCareer this year. I just like a simple career NBA career mode. I don't want to play on the streets or roam to go get a haircut. I always just keep my hair short and simple. My favorite Career mode in sports games right now is The Show. My decisions feel important, I start out at the bottom and work to the top. I'm not give anything too much, I can choose to shape exactly what kind of player I want attributes wise, etc. I really wish 2k would be more akin to what The Show is like. It used to be that way circa 2k11/2k12. All the stuff they announced today does nothing for me personally. I'm also confused. Do I have to play MyPark? Do I have to play street games? Do I have to roam around and communicate with others? I have no desire to do any of that. I just want to play an NBA career mode.

I understand there is a fanbase for this and I think 2k knocked everything else out of the park this year but this concerns me that I'm not gonna be able to enjoy MyCareer this year at all.
They need to explain everything on a blog, I dont understand how the nba career work this year.

I have to play online to be a 99 ?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:46 PM   #101
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

It sounds very interesting, and I'll give it a shot. Though after I watched the trailer, I couldn't help but start singing The Fresh Prince of Bel Air Theme Song.

*Lose A Game* You have now moved to Bel Air!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 10:47 PM   #102
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
Are you serious? Did you not see the new archetypes? The new online content? Road to 99? They combined 3 gamemodes for crying out loud. It's a damn online RPG mode for **** sake. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO DO? MAKE HALF LIFE 3?

All of this doesnt matter if the game mode has no depth past year one. Or if the ai is still crappy. Or If your player who is on his way to be a legend has no clout on his team. Or if the free agency period is barebones like it was last year...I could go on and on but you see the gist of this post right ?

Its a great face lift. The open world thing is pretty cool but it could become old pretty quick. Now you literally have to pay vc for everything.
The primary and secondary archetypes is cool too.

I'll wait for a blog to see what is exactly fresh and new.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-31-2017, 10:48 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888

You can just play mycareer games. Your choice. My impression was different avenues to the same goal of the 99 rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
Good post. I'm a MyLeague guy, but this is clearly something people like and good on 2k for delivering.

I can't stand people that bash things they just don't like personally. Everyone wants different things. Sometimes your stuff gets put in (My MyLeague stuff was good) and sometimes stuff you don't care for gets in (MyCareer).

Just have fun. Jesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
From the looks of it you can just stand outside the walk on arena and not do anything else other than go in there then.

You can also just play the NBA games off the nav and never move from the starting spot in the world if you don't want to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 10:51 PM   #104
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

From what I see theyre killing the "NBA immersion" in MyCareer and the will of a lot of player to just have the sensation to be inside an NBA career.

Theyre killing this for the online community and the park, Basically except the new archetypes its just that you can walk 3 blocks to do things (Shop and barber shop) that you could do before.

Its annoying, just separate the online mode to Mycareer and work on a great MYCAREER MODE

We dont even have ANY INFORMATION about an NBA CAREER. THIS GOD DAMN MODE IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY CAREER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »