Home

Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

This is a discussion on Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Devs started to change gameplay already through roster updates...

I understand the concern, but the title is pretty misleading, its to fix a specific issue..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Pro

Saro1's Arena

OVR: 0

The gameplay for me now is perfect don't tune anything.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
While it is true he doesn't use my exact wordage, I'm gonna take the previous comments he made (in that other thread specifically related to this problem) and use those comments to come up with a pretty solid idea on what he is talking about, instead of just jumping to conclusions.
I don't know any other thread sorry just because i don't want to look much of it on OS these time especially as i enjoy the overall gameplay very very much if you know what i mean.

i don't want to read of all who can't make jumpshots and their cries, i just have seen this on twitter as it says with the wording as is and want to look at it as a bigger picture and that bigger picture word is 'no gameplay changes' for me..

Thank you for taking the time to explain it those specifics though, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I understand the concern, but the title is pretty misleading, its to fix a specific issue..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm so sorry about that it was pulse that i wrote down right away, you're right would you make the necessary changes as you may wish to bcs i can't change the topic name. Sorry again. I think i changed that btw.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-20-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
The problem is casuals have the loudest voice. That YouTuber ipodkingcarter is a confessed casual after his last video yet they always take his advice and invite him to play the game early the guy is not good player nor has any knowledge of the game. He won't even touched 5v5 NBA teams because he would be outmatched by almost everyone
Let's be honest..wherever the money flows..that's where the patch goes. . I could of sworn all the years I played..2k was geared towards a SIM player... now? Seems like it changes every patch..

Writing was on the wall already when ronnie streamed the week before the NY event and the NY event.,and just was clamoring how amazing it was to interact with a footlocker guy..and get a cool hair cut..oh and look you can walk around and see the graphical detail..

All sounds great buddy..but what about making the gameplay work first!!!!
Skip the silly sneakers haircuts..and ramming VC down our throats because right now you for the market...

LIVE did well this year..not up to 2k level but next year..will be much better...and no gouging? ??

Never thought we'd be at this point.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #13
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I understand Slashing Guards weren't dunking enough in MyPlayer, but there are two problems here:

1. How do you patch MyPlayer's ability to make dunking "easier" or "happen more often" without it changing how dunking works in MyLeague/MyGM modes?

2. This is just the beginning of where the MyPlayers cry out as something is too hard or doesn't happen enough and the devs patch it and it ends up breaking gameplay.

Gameplay is 95% perfect right now. It does not need to be changed because a few people are complaining about something being too hard or not happening enough. Again, I understand about the Slashing Guards not dunking enough.

Like I said, this is just the beginning of where the gameplay is going to be destroyed in a month or so.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I understand Slashing Guards weren't dunking enough in MyPlayer, but there are two problems here:

1. How do you patch MyPlayer's ability to make dunking "easier" or "happen more often" without it changing how dunking works in MyLeague/MyGM modes?

2. This is just the beginning of where the MyPlayers cry out as something is too hard or doesn't happen enough and the devs patch it and it ends up breaking gameplay.

Gameplay is 95% perfect right now. It does not need to be changed because a few people are complaining about something being too hard or not happening enough. Again, I understand about the Slashing Guards not dunking enough.

Like I said, this is just the beginning of where the gameplay is going to be destroyed in a month or so.
I agree. I played it midnight last Friday. .and we'll only OT to play about 3 games.,and it seemed very very good...I believe if a game is about 95 % perfect.. please TUNE it about best.. if making a guy DUNK more creates a whole slew of other problems...its NOT worth it.

You have almost a perfect game., you're guy doing a highlight dunk..or does a nice layup..it's stead reason to BREAK the game., NO!!
2 points is 2 points.. don't get me wrong this NEEDS to be addressed for great simulation feeling overall..but altering this fundamentally. Is asking for MORE problems..

95 / amazing game., and my guy doesn't do a highlight dunk that I want.. give me the 95 %..and wait for A TUNER not a patch.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

I don't think we need to be worried about this issue. An attribute change for an architype in an isolated online mode. Maybe it was just as simple as increasing the rating.

The updates that you have to download before you play... Those are the game play changes that I absolutely fear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyPlayer Dunks are now easier, will gameplay keep changing?

The dunk ratio was fine in my opinion. Not that many dunks happen in a nba or pick up game for that matter.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »