Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #385
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Okafor is worth a 1st round pick in 2k

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Really? He doesn't even play for the 6ers. He isn't worth the Suns pick, which will probably be top 10, fair? Isn't this a steep price.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #386
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Okafor is worth a 1st round pick in 2k

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You keep saying "in 2k" but isn't the point of this thread to find realistic trades?
Old 11-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #387
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
You keep saying "in 2k" but isn't the point of this thread to find realistic trades?
Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Really? He doesn't even play for the 6ers. He isn't worth the Suns pick, which will probably be top 10, fair? Isn't this a steep price.
To me the bigger picture of this thread (maybe I'm wrong) is to make trades that are fair and makes sense for both teams involved. If your posting here then we all have the same goal not to rip off the CPU in a trade.

Okafor is a former 3rd overall pick who has a post up rating of like A and only 21. He comes in with a 73 overall and in my dynasty after year 1 is already up to a 78. When your trading with the 76ers it doesn't make sense for them to get a big men in return or to take on salary unless its for a player that really makes sense long term like Avery Bradley.

Its a bit of a grey area because in real life the 76ers would prob accept a expiring deal and 2nd round draft pick. In 2k though the 2nd round draft pick isn't going to develop into the player that we know Okafor can when he is on a user controlled team. At the very worst Okafor will score double digit points off the bench for two years while working under a rookie contract.

Just the fact that I don't know 80% of the questions in this thread have to do with him while in real life nobody wants to trade for him it tells you that he has more value in 2k then he does in real life
Old 11-27-2017, 02:30 PM   #388
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
To me the bigger picture of this thread (maybe I'm wrong) is to make trades that are fair and makes sense for both teams involved. If your posting here then we all have the same goal not to rip off the CPU in a trade.

Okafor is a former 3rd overall pick who has a post up rating of like A and only 21. He comes in with a 73 overall and in my dynasty after year 1 is already up to a 78. When your trading with the 76ers it doesn't make sense for them to get a big men in return or to take on salary unless its for a player that really makes sense long term like Avery Bradley.

Its a bit of a grey area because in real life the 76ers would prob accept a expiring deal and 2nd round draft pick. In 2k though the 2nd round draft pick isn't going to develop into the player that we know Okafor can when he is on a user controlled team. At the very worst Okafor will score double digit points off the bench for two years while working under a rookie contract.

Just the fact that I don't know 80% of the questions in this thread have to do with him while in real life nobody wants to trade for him it tells you that he has more value in 2k then he does in real life
Okay, so going off what you said, would someone like Troy Daniels (a second round talent), and next years 1st round pick (top 5 protected) get the job done?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #389
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Okay, so going off what you said, would someone like Troy Daniels (a second round talent), and next years 1st round pick (top 5 protected) get the job done?
I don't know much about Troy Daniels, I might change it to top 10 protections as picks 6-9 for him is a little steep since that will bring someone in with a 75ish rating with B+ to A upside
Old 11-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #390
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
I think that means he's going to be traded in real life and people are trying to make realistic trades
Old 11-28-2017, 12:23 AM   #391
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Looking at shaking up a few teams since I’ve just started a NBA today my league 30 team control looking at where the clippers are thinking they need to blow it up and looking at moving DeAndre Jordan.

The Cavs need some rim protection so what would a potential trade and realistic trade for the clippers and cavs could make for DJ. Makes sense for both teams imo
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 AM   #392
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx24
Looking at shaking up a few teams since I’ve just started a NBA today my league 30 team control looking at where the clippers are thinking they need to blow it up and looking at moving DeAndre Jordan.

The Cavs need some rim protection so what would a potential trade and realistic trade for the clippers and cavs could make for DJ. Makes sense for both teams imo
I read over the weekend on BR it was Thompson and a 1st not sure if it’s nets or cavs. I don’t think it would be the nets since it’s possible cavs would let him walk as paying Thomas and Jordan max $ might not be possible. This would also be a way to get out of Thompson’s contract

Jordan

For

Thompson
Cavs 1st
Zizic or Osman

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »