Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2017, 12:19 PM   #409
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Bump, help please
Ulis? Hmm. Isiah Thomas-like height, a high 2nd rounder from 2016. Not a starter for most teams due to height/defensive limitations. His per 36 numbers have him as average to below-average starter (12-14 PPG, 6-7 APG).

You definitely could send him to a team in need of a backup PG who could develop -- maybe -- into something more. Ulis has potential, but improvement is critical and key.

Based on what you're doing in your dynasty thread (nice work, BTW), I think the natural trade partner you're looking for is Denver. Mike Malone coached IT4 back in their Kings days, so he knows how to get a lot out of a little (literally) point guard. The point guard situation for Denver is also whack (a battery of Mudiay/Murray I believe is what they're running in real life), but I don't what their roster looks like in your dynasty at the moment.

Since you're looking for 3pt shooting, I would go Ulis for a young PF of Denver's -- Lyles, maybe (but they traded for him from Utah and he seems to be doing well there), but likely Hermangomez.

I'd go Hermangomez+a crappy contract (Darrell Arthur/Wilson Chandler maybe?) for Ulis + an unprotected 2nd rounder (maybe two of those, one for 2018 and another in 2020 perhaps).

Denver unloads an unfavorable deal with a young, extraneous asset, they get back a young PG who could solve their woes there as a bench piece and possibly develop into a starter, and they get at least one (likely) very early 2nd rounder.

If that doesn't work, list some targets you have in mind and state of those targets teams, and it'll help us get a better idea of what package to build.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #410
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Ulis? Hmm. Isiah Thomas-like height, a high 2nd rounder from 2016. Not a starter for most teams due to height/defensive limitations. His per 36 numbers have him as average to below-average starter (12-14 PPG, 6-7 APG).

You definitely could send him to a team in need of a backup PG who could develop -- maybe -- into something more. Ulis has potential, but improvement is critical and key.

Based on what you're doing in your dynasty thread (nice work, BTW), I think the natural trade partner you're looking for is Denver. Mike Malone coached IT4 back in their Kings days, so he knows how to get a lot out of a little (literally) point guard. The point guard situation for Denver is also whack (a battery of Mudiay/Murray I believe is what they're running in real life), but I don't what their roster looks like in your dynasty at the moment.

Since you're looking for 3pt shooting, I would go Ulis for a young PF of Denver's -- Lyles, maybe (but they traded for him from Utah and he seems to be doing well there), but likely Hermangomez.

I'd go Hermangomez+a crappy contract (Darrell Arthur/Wilson Chandler maybe?) for Ulis + an unprotected 2nd rounder (maybe two of those, one for 2018 and another in 2020 perhaps).

Denver unloads an unfavorable deal with a young, extraneous asset, they get back a young PG who could solve their woes there as a bench piece and possibly develop into a starter, and they get at least one (likely) very early 2nd rounder.

If that doesn't work, list some targets you have in mind and state of those targets teams, and it'll help us get a better idea of what package to build.
Follow up..What do you think a trade would look like if I wanted Mudiay in the package?

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #411
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Follow up..What do you think a trade would look like if I wanted Mudiay in the package?
Mudiay in addition to Lyles/Hermangomez?

That's going to require a 1st rounder (top-3 protection, maybe top-5) along with Ulis. You'll need to take back the unwanted contract of Miles Plumlee, along with Mudiay and Lyles/Hermangomez.

You're talking two high-potential former 1st round picks and an unwanted contract for (currently) a backup PG and a 1st rounder from yourself.

Honestly, it's a bit much for PHX -- you're not exactly in the playoff race and you're taking away two of Denver's young (and useful) assets. Ulis isn't useless and that 1st you have will likely be conveyed this season (probably at the end of the lottery), which is great for Denver.

But if I'm Denver, I don't feel like risking the team chemistry at this point by moving on from both Mudiay and Lyles/Hermangomez. The playoffs are well-within reach. If they go on a losing streak or suffer a key injury? Yeah, I might pull the trigger on both.

Right now, though, I feel a deal for both is too much for either side.

Now, if you just want Mudiay instead of Lyles/Hermangomez, than the deal I proposed before works fine I think. Mudiay in addition to other former first rounders, though, multiples the value and forces the Suns to toss in a 1st rounder, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #412
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
Mudiay in addition to Lyles/Hermangomez?

That's going to require a 1st rounder (top-3 protection, maybe top-5) along with Ulis. You'll need to take back the unwanted contract of Miles Plumlee, along with Mudiay and Lyles/Hermangomez.

You're talking two high-potential former 1st round picks and an unwanted contract for (currently) a backup PG and a 1st rounder from yourself.

Honestly, it's a bit much for PHX -- you're not exactly in the playoff race and you're taking away two of Denver's young (and useful) assets. Ulis isn't useless and that 1st you have will likely be conveyed this season (probably at the end of the lottery), which is great for Denver.

But if I'm Denver, I don't feel like risking the team chemistry at this point by moving on from both Mudiay and Lyles/Hermangomez. The playoffs are well-within reach. If they go on a losing streak or suffer a key injury? Yeah, I might pull the trigger on both.

Right now, though, I feel a deal for both is too much for either side.

Now, if you just want Mudiay instead of Lyles/Hermangomez, than the deal I proposed before works fine I think. Mudiay in addition to other former first rounders, though, multiples the value and forces the Suns to toss in a 1st rounder, IMO.
No, I meant just Mudiay, involving Ulis.

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #413
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
No, I meant just Mudiay, involving Ulis.
In that case, Ulis+two seconds (unprotected) for Mudiay is totally fine. Ulis is probably a better PG for what Denver would like to do anyway, truth be told. Denver recoups some value for Mudiay, but nothing crazy (as Mudiay is still a project in many ways).
Old 11-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #414
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Quote:
In that case, Ulis+two seconds (unprotected) for Mudiay is totally fine. Ulis is probably a better PG for what Denver would like to do anyway, truth be told. Denver recoups some value for Mudiay, but nothing crazy (as Mudiay is still a project in many ways).

Okay, I think I am going to do Lyles or Hernangomez + a bad contract for Ulis...that leaves me with a hole at PG..obviously I am not going to do another trade for Mudiay. So, I have found some players I like. Reggie Jackson..Spenser Dinwiddie, and Tyler Ennis. What do you think the cost on each of these playes are?

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 11-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #415
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Okay, I think I am going to do Lyles or Hernangomez + a bad contract for Ulis...that leaves me with a hole at PG..obviously I am not going to do another trade for Mudiay. So, I have found some players I like. Reggie Jackson..Spenser Dinwiddie, and Tyler Ennis. What do you think the cost on each of these playes are?

Jackson's contract is poor enough that you could probably get away with taking him back, plus Boban and a second rounder from Detroit for, say, Tyson Chandler (his contract lines up); the cap math is questionable there, but Chandler has a deal that comes off the books sooner and you'll relieve Detroit of cap issues moving forward.

Dinwiddie is dirt cheap as far as contracts go and you'll have his bird rights -- the Nets don't necessarily need him (is Lin injured in your game? If so, maybe they do). Again, you could probably trade an unprotected 2nd for Dinwiddie but, considering your Ulis trade, I'd slide away from that and instead ship off an asset the Nets might use -- say Alan Williams (if he's uninjured) or Alex Len. I like the idea of Len for Dinwiddie, as Len is a prospect that's getting not much playtime in Phoenix and who can potentially be developed into something.

Ennis is a straight backup at this point, but you could trade Troy Daniels for him probably. I'd look at Trey Burke too (free agent now), while you're at it -- I've liked him in the past and I've seen him develop (surprisingly) in a few MyLeague's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 11:40 PM   #416
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Okay, so I made the trade, getting Hernangomez and Arthur for Ulis and a 2nd. I also sent Derrick Jones to the Lakers for Tyler Ennis, as I thought it was fair. Jones was 4 years younger, and Ennis wasn't playing. Now my problem is that I have a log jam in the front court. What could I get for Alex Len and Amir Williams? I was thinking Chicago or Orlando, as both could use depth in the front court. What type of return am I looked at?

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »