Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 08:10 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
Pistons receive:
(PG)Elfrid Payton, (SF)Terrence Ross

Magic receive:
(PG)Reggie Jackson, (SF)Reggie Bullock, 2018 Lottery Protected 1st

Is that fair value?
I'm biased because I could never have Payton on my team. I have an irrational hatred of the guy just for his bizarre clown hair.

But yeah it's not bad. Ross offers up some bench scoring (although he clogs Stanley Johnson's spot in a "put up or shut up" year for SJ).
Old 10-01-2017, 08:38 PM   #58
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I'm biased because I could never have Payton on my team. I have an irrational hatred of the guy just for his bizarre clown hair.

But yeah it's not bad. Ross offers up some bench scoring (although he clogs Stanley Johnson's spot in a "put up or shut up" year for SJ).
Lol I love his playmaking and defensive potential. I plan on moving Tobias Harris to the 4 and starting Stan.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #59
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

What kind of package could E'Twan Moore, Ajinca and my 2018 1st fetch for New Orleans? That's about $13.5M in salary and I'd like to land a SF who will likely start and a backup big who is more athletic than Ajica (as insurance for AD and Boogie). The 1st may or may not be that great. I'm currently 6-2 so I'm playing pretty well but obviously a lot can change in 82 games.

It's still super early but some teams are already looking really bad like the Knicks, Bulls, Suns and Mavs. I was thinking something like the following:

NY - Thomas and O'Quinn
CHI - Robin Lopez and Denzel Valentine or Mirotic and Portis. I like Zipser as well but I think Portis is the most expendable of the three younger players I mentioned.
PHX - Dudley and Len
DAL - Dallas in the Worst team in the West, however there's not really a good match there. The only way to make a deal is if I include Asik in the above package for Wes Matthews and Salah Mejri but when with Matthews' bad contact I'm still not sure they would want to take on Asik

I hate to give up a 1st for any of those deals but it may be necessary to improve our team since we don't have a lot of moveable pieces.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #60
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
What kind of package could E'Twan Moore, Ajinca and my 2018 1st fetch for New Orleans? That's about $13.5M in salary and I'd like to land a SF who will likely start and a backup big who is more athletic than Ajica (as insurance for AD and Boogie). The 1st may or may not be that great. I'm currently 6-2 so I'm playing pretty well but obviously a lot can change in 82 games.

It's still super early but some teams are already looking really bad like the Knicks, Bulls, Suns and Mavs. I was thinking something like the following:

NY - Thomas and O'Quinn
CHI - Robin Lopez and Denzel Valentine or Mirotic and Portis. I like Zipser as well but I think Portis is the most expendable of the three younger players I mentioned.
PHX - Dudley and Len
DAL - Dallas in the Worst team in the West, however there's not really a good match there. The only way to make a deal is if I include Asik in the above package for Wes Matthews and Salah Mejri but when with Matthews' bad contact I'm still not sure they would want to take on Asik

I hate to give up a 1st for any of those deals but it may be necessary to improve our team since we don't have a lot of moveable pieces.
Out of those options, I think I'd take Chicago -- Lopez and Valentine for Moore, Ajinca, and the 2018 1st.

I don't see Phoenix moving on from Len or J-Dud -- Len because of how high the organization took him and J-Dud for his veteran presence (and the fact he actually loves it there).

Dallas is out for the reasons you mentioned.

The Knicks I *might* consider, but it really doesn't help New York much and even the 2018 1st seems like a lateral move at best. If New York is going to engage in any trades, it'll be to move on from Lee or Noah I think.

The Bulls trade I like for a few reasons:

1. Lopez is not a fit for a rebuilding squad, which Chicago clearly is.

2. Moore previously played for the Bulls, which is something the organization likes -- they tend to reacquire players that used to play for them (Hinrich being the notable example).

3. The pick, though likely not to be high, is an asset that the Bulls organization could use.

As to why Valentine over Portis or Zipster -- I feel Chicago has a better use for Portis long-term than Valentine. I think Portis has the highest upside of their pre-2017 draft picks -- I do agree he's more expendable than the players you mentioned, but I feel Chicago could flip him later for something else. The optics of losing two bigs in one trade (an a young one at that) doesn't look good and the organization is suffering a lot in the PR department.

Valentine could be that starting 3 you want, and he'll develop down the line.

My thoughts.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #61
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan

My thoughts.
I appreciate the response. That's kind of they way I was leaning as well since the NY or PHX deal didn't really bring in any young guys. Can you think of any other deal for two players that might be similar?

Also, what about anything for Asik and a 1st? Asik's contract in real life is only guaranteed for $3M in his final season and I plan to copy that in the game. That means he's basically done after the 18-19 (he's owed $11.2M that season) but can be cut for a $3M cap hit in 19-20 rather than the $11.9M that his contract shows. http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...mer-asik-7110/

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #62
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I appreciate the response. That's kind of they way I was leaning as well since the NY or PHX deal didn't really bring in any young guys. Can you think of any other deal for two players that might be similar?

Also, what about anything for Asik and a 1st? Asik's contract in real life is only guaranteed for $3M in his final season and I plan to copy that in the game. That means he's basically done after the 18-19 (he's owed $11.2M that season) but can be cut for a $3M cap hit in 19-20 rather than the $11.9M that his contract shows. http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...mer-asik-7110/
Ehhh ... NOLA is in a tough spot. But, I have two alternate trades that immediately come to mind (mind you, I can't remember ratings for these players off the top of my head, so these may not work in that area).

NOLA Sends: Ajinca, Asik, Moore, 2018 1st (roughly $24M)

IND Sends: Young, Jefferson (roughly $23M)

Reasoning: Indy is clearly rebuilding -- but the East is BAD and even in a year where they're horrible, they might just be good enough to snag a 7th or 8th seed. The Pacers go all in on the youth movement, shipping out Young (their nominal 4, but for you he's a starter 3/4 who can vary depending on your lineup) and Jefferson (old-school post heavy big who can wreak havoc in the second unit).

You send away all that salary -- Ajinca replaces Jefferson for Indy, Asik is merely a contract to waive next year (eating a minor $3M cap hit) and Moore can contribute on the second unit and could be flipped later.

Or you could do this ...

NOLA Sends: Ajinca, Moore, 2018 1st (roughly $13M)

MIL Sends: Teletovic OR Henson, Gerald Green (roughly 12M-13M)

Reasoning: Teletovic is a 3/4 you could use and --most importantly -- can shoot. The Bucks are already feeling a big cap crunch this season and will feel a bigger next year when Parker's inevitable extension (we all know it's coming) kicks in. They need to unload some salary. Neither Teletovic or Henson is crucial to their team and the Bucks have more than enough talent to make up for their losses.

If you go with Henson over Teletovic, you get a solid rotation big -- Green is there to either be your starter at the 3 (assuming he can even do it anymore, I don't remember his rating) or as a backup just in case if you go Teletovic.

If it were me, I'd run with the Pacers trade -- makes more sense on multiple levels and leaves you a solid 2-year window (Young will likely pick up his option for next year) to compete. If I'm the Pelicans, in the back of my mind, I'm planning for the worst next season -- Boogie leaves, AD wants out, and I need to blow it up; if that's the case, then Young and Jefferson become easily tradeable assets as you tank for a top pick.

My thoughts.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #63
Rookie

You guys have any good trade scenarions for Suns' Eric Bledsoe??

With 2 years left on his contract and a very reasonable salary, he'd be a perfect fit for contenders looking to fill the spot. Yet the current contenders don't really have a need for him.

And I feel like the teams that could actually use, can't really offer anything of value in return that would make the Suns pull the trigger at this point.

Curious to hear any ideas!
Old 10-05-2017, 10:39 PM   #64
Rookie

Silent's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey guys, using my bulls like always, but this year, we gonna suck with tons of cap space, I skip first season and got 2nd over pick after tanking! Gonna pick MB3....using all my cap space, which bad contracts plus players/picks can I trade for? I know it won’t happen in real life but I wanna then take the picks and trade them for Jayson Tatum who isn’t starting ( they also traded for MKG ) and only gets 12 min and pair him and Zach.

Oh only different thing I did in year 1 was refund GS their $3M back for Jordan Bell
After firing GarPax And traded Lopez and Grant to LA FOR milos teodosic, why? No idea lol love his passes, wanted him backing Dunn and Zach

Thanks
Silent

Edited: so I took all the bad contracts I know teams didn’t want

Omer Asik, took 2019 first round pick ( and Jackson, might give back )

Luol deng, took clarkson and 2020 pick or 2021 can’t remember

Tyson chandler, took 2019 pick top 5 pro

Joakim Noah, took 2019 first round pick

What ya think?

Last edited by Silent; 10-06-2017 at 04:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »