Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #65
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogo
You guys have any good trade scenarions for Suns' Eric Bledsoe??

With 2 years left on his contract and a very reasonable salary, he'd be a perfect fit for contenders looking to fill the spot. Yet the current contenders don't really have a need for him.

And I feel like the teams that could actually use, can't really offer anything of value in return that would make the Suns pull the trigger at this point.

Curious to hear any ideas!
Bledsoe is kind of a tough one for me because most of the good teams either have a PG who is either equal to or better than him and even most bad teams have a PG of the future so they wouldn't want him taking away their minutes.

One of the team that I think could really use him is a team like Orlando. Another option could be waiting until you get deeper into the season and see what injuries occur and hope a fringe playoff team get's desperate. With that said, what are you looking to do? Are you looking to the future or are you trying to get better ASAP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
Hey guys, using my bulls like always, but this year, we gonna suck with tons of cap space, I skip first season and got 2nd over pick after tanking! Gonna pick MB3....using all my cap space, which bad contracts plus players/picks can I trade for? I know it won’t happen in real life but I wanna then take the picks and trade them for Jayson Tatum who isn’t starting ( they also traded for MKG ) and only gets 12 min and pair him and Zach.

Oh only different thing I did in year 1 was refund GS their $3M back for Jordan Bell
After firing GarPax And traded Lopez and Grant to LA FOR milos teodosic, why? No idea lol love his passes, wanted him backing Dunn and Zach

Thanks
Silent

Edited: so I took all the bad contracts I know teams didn’t want

Omer Asik, took 2019 first round pick ( and Jackson, might give back )

Luol deng, took clarkson and 2020 pick or 2021 can’t remember

Tyson chandler, took 2019 pick top 5 pro

Joakim Noah, took 2019 first round pick

What ya think?
The Celtics love Tatum and I don't think they would trade him unless it's in a package for someone like AD or Porzingis, so you're going to have to trade that 2nd Pick in the draft and probably at least LaVine or Markkanen for Tatum. I still don't think the Celtics would even come close to doing that in real life but 2K wise I guess it's fair.

As far as taking on the bad contracts, I think that's smart for you since you have cap space, however I don't think those teams would give those picks up unprotected. Especially since most of the teams you listed should be bad. I think Billy King ruined trading unprotected picks for everyone.

Lastly, I don't think the Clippers do that trade either. They're pretty high on Teodosic and I don't think they trade him for two players that wouldn't really move the needle for them and add a lot of extra salary for backups.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogo
You guys have any good trade scenarions for Suns' Eric Bledsoe??

With 2 years left on his contract and a very reasonable salary, he'd be a perfect fit for contenders looking to fill the spot. Yet the current contenders don't really have a need for him.

And I feel like the teams that could actually use, can't really offer anything of value in return that would make the Suns pull the trigger at this point.

Curious to hear any ideas!

Bucks?

I’m not sure if they’d be willing to part with Parker even pending his RFA. PHX always is a good spot for injured players, I’m thinking Grant Hill/Duke here lol.

Parker remains a large hope for the Bucks however so moving him for another injury prone player could prove difficult. If you’re willing to absorb a Henson plus picks it could be a match.I’m just not sure what you’re looking for.The Bucks had been previously interested in Bledsoe so it seems to be a fit for them.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:19 AM   #67
Rookie

Silent's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Bledsoe is kind of a tough one for me because most of the good teams either have a PG who is either equal to or better than him and even most bad teams have a PG of the future so they wouldn't want him taking away their minutes.

One of the team that I think could really use him is a team like Orlando. Another option could be waiting until you get deeper into the season and see what injuries occur and hope a fringe playoff team get's desperate. With that said, what are you looking to do? Are you looking to the future or are you trying to get better ASAP?

The Celtics love Tatum and I don't think they would trade him unless it's in a package for someone like AD or Porzingis, so you're going to have to trade that 2nd Pick in the draft and probably at least LaVine or Markkanen for Tatum. I still don't think the Celtics would even come close to doing that in real life but 2K wise I guess it's fair.

As far as taking on the bad contracts, I think that's smart for you since you have cap space, however I don't think those teams would give those picks up unprotected. Especially since most of the teams you listed should be bad. I think Billy King ruined trading unprotected picks for everyone.

Lastly, I don't think the Clippers do that trade either. They're pretty high on Teodosic and I don't think they trade him for two players that wouldn't really move the needle for them and add a lot of extra salary for backups.
Just saw the reply, I see your point! After playing with Tatum and my young team, it just felt wrong lol so I restarted over again, this time didn’t trade for milo ( signed him in the offseason ) got the 3rd over pick this time but still took MB3. Didn’t take the bad contracts only took Dengs with Jordan Clarkson.

Now here is where it got fun! I was only testing stuff!

Michael Jordan is our HC! Tossed an offer to KD and he took it! But I don’t want someone over powered on my young team! Do you guys think trading KD to the Suns for Booker, Tayson, Knight is fair? Should I add picks or get picks?

For the first time the heat let Winslow walk, I think it’s because I changed him from a SF to PF, he was only 70 ( he said he’s working on the 4 so I changed him )....tried to sign him but he picked NY

What ya think about Dunn, LaVine, Booker, Markkanen, MB3?

Silent
Old 10-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #68
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

I was playing around to assess trade logic to see if it's actually possible to get Anthony Davis if the C's threw the kitchen sink at NO. It took 3-4 first rounders, Jaylen and Al to do it, and more if I recall. But they said yes, eventually, and man what an offer it was.

One of the things I noticed is that the 1st rounder they got from Philly for giving up their # 1 (for Fultz) isn't tradable. Why is that? That was going to be a major asset and I couldn't use it.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey guys, playing as the Knicks and want to do some realistic trading to prepare for the future.

First up, Enes Kanter. Personally, I love the guy but he's too similar of a player to Willy Henangomez, Willy is younger and cheaper, I can mold him more. Plus there is already a backlog in the front court. I can see a few places that would take Kanter.

Knicks trade: Enes Kanter
Nets trade: Jeremy Lin, salary dump

I get Jeremy Lin to play point with Nilikita. The Nets pair Kanter with DeAngelo Russel and the rest of the young pieces.

Second, looking to get rid of Courtney Lee, another player I love but he doesn't match up with the Knicks timeline, hoping I can get a late first round pick from a contender, worse case, I just want to get his salary off the books.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Started a Denver my league, looking to get blesdoe at starting point guard.

Faried, Nelson, Barton and 1st round pick for Blesdoe and some pieces to make the salaries match, fair?
Old 10-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #71
Rookie

Silent's Arena

Big off season sign and trade

Welcome to the bulls Booker

What ya think?

Silent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm about to start a MyLeague with the Pelicans and I'm looking to unload some salary while bringing back a stretch four for the bench squad. This roster is overloaded with mediocre combo guards and forwards, and they've got some bad contracts. I'd like to clear the logjam and create playing time for rookie PG Frank Jackson off the bench. What's the realistic price for unloading E'Twaun Moore (3 years/$25M) and Solomon Hill (3 years, $38M) onto a team with cap space? I was thinking something like the following, but I'd like to get some feedback:

Bulls get
F Solomon Hill
G E'Twaun Moore
2018 1st Round Pick (Top 10 protected)

Pelicans get
Bobby Portis

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »