Home

The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

This is a discussion on The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
And this is why your thread is a joke and a crybaby complaint. I posted the proper way to play defense in 2K, and you came back with a lame comment.

Oh yeah... I'm pretty sure you made a comment about how you played "perfect defense" against Austin Rivers, but he still got pass you due to the clipping.
not sure why you got so aggressive, I wasn't even being sarcastic dude I genuinely thought you thought i was complaining that you can't play defence because people morph through you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #42
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatitisinsports
I most certainly am not here's my gamer tag on Xbox live Ic3Pick d GoaT my former one that you may be able to see on Xbox dvr is Kn0wL3dg3xSoNx.. My psn is real icepick 09 and my twitch and youtube is realicepick1... Feel free to add me on either system and/or watch any of the videos of the game i already have on there and eat crow. The fact that you called me a liar without even checking my other posts and even decided to say the garbage you just said leads me to believe that your level of understanding of this game is minimal at best. Go check the clips as per your insult I won't bother taking the time to upload or link just for you and will neither engage your comments any further. Have a good day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Went to your youtube channel, your team gave up a point blank layup to lose the game. There is no amount of VC spent that should compensate for bad defense
Old 09-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweemwee
Yes but it happens on every single play updated the first post with this clip, this is the first 5 minutes of a MyCareer game

https://youtu.be/lIzXuoBRSHc
Maybe they can add a clipping slider 😆😆😆

I know it's not funny..I do like the fact I can drive..now without being called for a charge..but I think that might be the problem a bit,we can keep trying to get past someone until basically it morphs and allows us to drive..

I still prefer this over last year when Everytime you tried to drive ..or bump a guy a bit the called a charge.

In the end this shouldn't be happening.

Hopefully will be patched,but man all the problems that's going to be one tough patch..this needed to be addressed more Than sock/shoes/tattoos..I think this can. Be hotfixed

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Went to your youtube channel, your team gave up a point blank layup to lose the game. There is no amount of VC spent that should compensate for bad defense
1. The guy was 6 4 and made a heavily contested layup over 4 people after the shot clock. You are a moron. Stop talking.
2. There are other videos on there from 2k games on ps4 and Xbox and some on Twitch, pretty sure you didn't watch any of them.
3. Did I mention that you're a moron? Because you are. This has nothing to do with vc and clearly the defense wasn't bad.
Goodbye. Moron.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #45
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
I most certainly am not here's my gamer tag on Xbox live Ic3Pick d GoaT my former one that you may be able to see on Xbox dvr is Kn0wL3dg3xSoNx.. My psn is real icepick 09 and my twitch and youtube is realicepick1... Feel free to add me on either system and/or watch any of the videos of the game i already have on there and eat crow. The fact that you called me a liar without even checking my other posts and even decided to say the garbage you just said leads me to believe that your level of understanding of this game is minimal at best. Go check the clips as per your insult I won't bother taking the time to upload or link just for you and will neither engage your comments any further. Have a good day.

And? Are your opponents CONSISTENTLY hitting these shots during the course of a game? Are you losing to these teams? Are these games ALWAYS closer than they should? If those teams are somewhat competitive against your team, then it's your team that's not living up their badges.

Just because you post a couple clips of people hitting unbelievable shots every now and then, it doesn't mean that the game is suddenly broken. Call it for what it is...a lucky damn shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
And? Are your opponents CONSISTENTLY hitting these shots during the course of a game? Are you losing to these teams? Are these games ALWAYS closer than they should? If those teams are somewhat competitive against your team, then it's your team that's not living up their badges.

Just because you post a couple clips of people hitting unbelievable shots every now and then, it doesn't mean that the game is suddenly broken. Call it for what it is...a lucky damn shot.
If you have taken any amount of time to read through any of the things that I said then it's pretty clear that
1 they are hitting them consistently
2 it's across all game modes, I'm just choosing to discuss the competitive pro am mode
3 again, it's like some of you people have never played this game.
There is a huge disconnect with the attribute and badge system in relation to what's happening on the court.
It's not a few random clips either. Just for the record...I've played over 7k games in 2016.. 10k games last year and am highly rated at the start of this year.. I know what I'm talking about. Goodbye.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:37 PM   #47
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
1. The guy was 6 4 and made a heavily contested layup over 4 people after the shot clock. You are a moron. Stop talking.[/url]
Are you honestly saying there is no way he should have hit that shot? You gave up probably the worst possible shot and got burned on it, stop pretending that having high ratings should cover your bad basketball
Old 09-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #48
Banned

I think you're all missing the point. Whether or not bad or good defence is being played is one thing. This issue is about the fact that there is a body part, physical space blocking the path ahead and people are going through it.

Yes, it's a game and it's not perfect I get that. But this is happening every possession. I haven't just cherry picked random clips, these are all one possession after another.

Driving feels fun but when you see what's really causing you to get past the defender it's a shame that it's not a good move which makes him go the other way, or a lack of speed which keeps him behind, or a lack of agility....hes in perfect position and ready to defend but you just glitch through him.

It's fine if everyone else is happy with it, I'll take the L. But at least acknowledge the genesis of what I'm saying rather than talking about other things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »