Home

The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

This is a discussion on The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2017, 06:35 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
It’s not pretty, but it is still considerably better than in the past. I would rather arms go through each other and have a realistic outcome than the defender slide back into place in front and stonewall the ballhandler.

They just need to add more body movement to react to other body parts. If they just made everything tangible but left everything else the same, every play would result in a foul. We would just see a bunch of headbutts and clotheslines based on those clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
so this is what its come to. us saying "I would rather have this fake thing over this fake thing for a more realistic outcome"

think about that for a moment. I hear what you're trying to say but what you're actually saying doesnt make actual logical sense. If either side is completely fake(brick wall nonsense that you talked about) or (magically clipping thru half a guys body with or without the ball) , then the end result is unrealistic.

So then they have to do things like make NBA level players blow point blank range layups when they should not be doing so.

one fake thing leads to another in the end.

no they cant clean up all of the clipping issues. but this is not an issue as in something they couldnt fix before release. they put this in the game on purpose so you could get to the basket more often. once again that tells me they are not using basketball logic to solve their problems. they are taking the not as difficult road. which means just let them blow thru the guy vs buy them and we will nurf the layups to even it out.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #74
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
so this is what its come to. us saying "I would rather have this fake thing over this fake thing for a more realistic outcome"

think about that for a moment. I hear what you're trying to say but what you're actually saying doesnt make actual logical sense. If either side is completely fake(brick wall nonsense that you talked about) or (magically clipping thru half a guys body with or without the ball) , then the end result is unrealistic.

So then they have to do things like make NBA level players blow point blank range layups when they should not be doing so.

one fake thing leads to another in the end.

no they cant clean up all of the clipping issues. but this is not an issue as in something they couldnt fix before release. they put this in the game on purpose so you could get to the basket more often. once again that tells me they are not using basketball logic to solve their problems. they are taking the not as difficult road. which means just let them blow thru the guy vs buy them and we will nurf the layups to even it out.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that. They directly stated they are using a new motion system this year. Implementing anything new, especially something that affects that large a part of the game, is not going to be perfect in year one.

As long as it is improved upon every year, it’s acceptable. The clipping isn’t any worse than last year, but the results are better.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's not much different from what Live fans put up with in the name of 'trusting the process'....but that's a Live forum discussion...
truth is you know he wasnt talking about live fans talking about nba live and super clipping issues.

he was talking about people that get on that side of the forums or other boards that are 2k fans, and are critiquing live. The moment they see something that looks suspect they are on top of Live's head. and dont let them see something like this. You and I both know those types would kill Live about it. That was his point.

here's the thing. It makes sense for a fan of a game that has been subpar for years to let other subpar things go since he/she is only looking for progress. its like watching a team full of a 2nd year players on a nba team. that first year we sucked and won 15 games out of 82. year 2 we still suck but we should win 22 games and be happy with the progression. thats nba live.

2K however, is the GSW's. You as a fan should never just say "oh well thats not that bad..when you know it is and give a pass to the reigning champion/MVP"

To be the top you have to not only beat the comp. You have to continue to figure out how to beat yourself. Life and times of a champ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #76
Rookie

I dunno, i feel u but as long as I get a realistic outcome, I just don't really care that much about clipping.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
I don’t think it’s as simple as that. They directly stated they are using a new motion system this year. Implementing anything new, especially something that affects that large a part of the game, is not going to be perfect in year one.

As long as it is improved upon every year, it’s acceptable. The clipping isn’t any worse than last year, but the results are better.

not true, that clipping is WORSE. you're just ok with it because its the reverse of the silly brick wall off defense.

The only reason you're getting by guys is because you're going THRU them. let that sink in for a moment. That means nothing you're doing unless you hit that spin move button... is causing your man to get to the basket. This means its not about your skill at all. do you get that?

I see the same thing when it comes to having Big men rebounders. you dont need any skill at all to grab 18+ boards with those archetypes. Just Jump. no need to box out or time it. Just Jump. thats a skillless thing to do.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #78
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
not true, that clipping is WORSE. you're just ok with it because its the reverse of the silly brick wall off defense.

The only reason you're getting by guys is because you're going THRU them. let that sink in for a moment. That means nothing you're doing unless you hit that spin move button... is causing your man to get to the basket. This means its not about your skill at all. do you get that?

I see the same thing when it comes to having Big men rebounders. you dont need any skill at all to grab 18+ boards with those archetypes. Just Jump. no need to box out or time it. Just Jump. thats a skillless thing to do.

I’m not sure what game you’ve been playing the last few years, but clipping has always been pretty evident. CPU defenders would constantly slide and clip their way into position against human players.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:47 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree4erMadness
I dunno, i feel u but as long as I get a realistic outcome, I just don't really care that much about clipping.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
ha haa. Ree. walk with me for a moment.

Lets say this is real life for fun.

You're defending me. I'm about to go hard right. You already knew this, so you hop back a step or 2 but at that angle to cut my right angle off. But what if...I magically went thru Most of your body, not just a smidget of you. but MOST of your body then beat you to the basket for a score?

How would you feel about that? I would know first hand that I didnt get by you. I went thru you with some form of magic. magic is cute but it aint basketball.

clipping happens in every single game. but this level of clipping is a bit much for 2k who has done a lot better in the past.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #80
Pro

Quote:
I’m not sure what game you’ve been playing the last few years, but clipping has always been pretty evident. CPU defenders would constantly slide and clip their way into position against human players.

i agree.so you're saying you want to be able to have the same magical powers as the cpu? lol.

Or do you want a much more realistic approach?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »