Home

The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

This is a discussion on The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillz
What's good bro, I was trying to message u directly but my phone wouldn't give me the option to do it. I wanted to ask you if u could make a "OPPOSING CPU AI PROBLEMS" thread. I'm not yet allowed to make threads and it seems like nobody else gives a damn lol. The CPU NEVER shoots contested jumpers off the dribble, NEVER shoots jumpers from triple threat, NEVER just stop and pop when they get open off the dribble (they always float forward to a low percentage *** shot), and they will shoot that garbage floating 2 handed jumper on fastbreaks with only 1 man in front of them. It makes playing the CPU feel so trash smh and it's something Live does much better unfortunately.

A stickied thread could show devs exactly what needs to be done about these issues. Thanks in advance if you look out for me bro.
This ain't nba 2k14 bruh, that problem you talking about been fixed
Old 09-30-2017, 03:53 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimp14
I'm not sure of the reason but its way to easy to drive past your man. I play on HOF and can beat the defender don't matter who to the rim at 90% is also not realistic. Making NBA blow layup can't be the answer.
2 things -player strength is over powering and there is too much of a speed gap between elite ball handlers with the ball and its defenders.
if you want to remedy this raise the lateral quickness slider. I have mine even with the speed settings for quick ball handler.

this also works for the slower ball handlers cause youll be able to cut off and trap the really slow ball handlers along the baseline, especially the bigs with suspect handle.

I also lowered user strength.

Last edited by tril; 10-02-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #99
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
These are just random inconsequential videos of clipping...its ugly, yes.but it doesn't really show us how 'game breaking' the driving is supposed to be...

We didn't even get to see how these possesions ended..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
MY thought as well. As long as Im not or the CPU isnt scoring more than half of there points in the paint as in yrs past, Im fine with it how it is, yes it can be ugly at times, but its a video game, likley will never be perfect, so as long as the end result is realistic I can live with something like just looks bad.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-30-2017, 09:16 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
2 things player strength is over powering and teher is too much of a speed gap between elite ball handlers with the ball and its defenders.
if you want to remedy this raise the lateral quickness slider. I have mine even with the speed settings for quick ball handler.

this also works for the slower ball handlers cause youll be able to cut off and trap the really slow ball handlers along the baseline, especially the bigs with suspect handle.

I also lowered user strength.
Interesting theory. I'll give this a try. What do you have "Lateral Quickness" set to for the HUM / CPU

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:44 PM   #101
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Oh lawd we was just complaining about the sticky brickwalls last few years now some people want that back smh how about using the brickwall slider Mr wing put into the
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 10:26 PM   #102
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This is the clipping I'm nore concerned with...where my defensive position is completely taken away..

https://streamable.com/5xotr

Some head blending on a drive means nothing to me in comparison..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed that this is the real concern. Low post defensive position is weird when it comes to having the defender moved out of the way/phased thru. I think there should be more animations of the offensive player finishing thru contact when the game decides that there is a success outcome on the offense's part. This inclides the sometimes op drop step moves and standing dunks. We just need more contact animations in the paint
Old 10-01-2017, 12:37 AM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
Oh lawd we was just complaining about the sticky brickwalls last few years now some people want that back smh how about using the brickwall slider Mr wing put into the
how about a balance between the two? it seems toe 2k just gave it a quick fix without testing like usual. I can pinch post iso into a one dribble dunk all day. next possession ai plays me tight same thing over and over. its way too ez.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #104
Rookie

Just run 5 out and space the floor and hit turbo and run into the defender and you'll go right past him. Wide open lane. I have been getting destroyed online against people who do this. There is no defending it. A lot of people have been doing it online, a lot of people are catching on that 5 out is even more OP than last year. If you play myteam, don't bother with centers. Run smaller players at PF and C. Scott OG falls asleep at the wheel for another year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »